Like Tree0Likes

If you could design the perfect interior!!

Old 11-09-2011, 10:26 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

My Boats: 32 Sunsation SSR, 308 skater,( #1-28 skater sold), 24' Xpress

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpzaluski View Post
Provide storage under the cabin "couches". Nothing frustrates me more than the fact that I have to use my head as a closet in both my Scarab and Fountain for storage of lifejackets, etc. I know promoting storage this far forward in the boat may upset CG, but one way or another people are going to find a place to throw the things they need, and there is so much wasted space under these seats. Maybe label it as "light" storage, under 30lbs per side as a suggestion. Make the cushions lift off, great place for lifejackets, towels, womans purses, etc. Just a "real world" aggravation that I think a lot of people would appreciate.
Sunsation does just that with all the cabin seating and under the bed...lots of storage in my 32. I never have anything stored in the head. It also has three cabinets to store things in as well. two of em have a good bit of room and could actually add shelves if ya wanted
Old 11-09-2011, 10:54 AM
Registered
Trade Score: (5)

My Boats: Throttleman 36 Cig Gladiator "Unleashed"... Fast 33' Outlaw(sold)... Slow 40' Express Cruiser... 18' Kustom Cat... Pair of Kawasaki Ultra 150's... Superjet

I 2nd the zippered storage areas, wish my boat had them.
Old 11-09-2011, 11:20 AM
Registered

My Boats: Old 24 ciggie, 382 fastech, and a big Ole beaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirdchildhood View Post
I love overnighting on my boat and as long as there are showers and a marina store I'd rather sleep on the boat than in a motel. The rocking motion, the sounds, just being on the water. So IMO not all cabins are used for storage. On a speed boat keep it simple and light.
I agree. We really love staying on our boat, and most places we go there is no other option. A functional cabin is a must. I don't need frills and stuff that breaks constantly, but AC, a head, and a water system are really nice. A generator and Shower / hot water is even better.

In our region, everybody stays on their boat all weekend. We frequently spend weekends at the sandbar, or at small waterfront bars that don't even have shore power.

Personally, I would give up 2-5 MPH for all those goodies. I think it would be smart for manufacturers to offer their buyers options when it comes to cabin materials, and amenities. For the guys that just use the cuddy as storage, why not offer a very basic cuddy option? For those customers that want a useable space, offer a full interior.

As for the cockpit, more space is better. I really love some of the layouts with a lounge area the rear (some 43 / 50 nor-techs, 42 sonic, etc.) Even better are the ones with removable sections for a more traditional bolster / bench set up when you're running hard. A built in cooler is also a nice touch.

Just a few ideas...
Old 11-10-2011, 12:09 AM
Registered

My Boats: 1999 Nordic Flame 35'

I agree with the overnight crowd, we spend every weekend on the hook in Arizona's lakes. A/C is a must here, a good size V berth with storage below. I would prefer more headroom, that is the one complaint my wife has with our 35'. Head doesn't matter as long as we have the porta-pottie. Sink & microwave are just for the tax write-off so make them as small and out of the way as possible. High quality materials are also nice & use all LED lighting to save the batteries.
Old 11-10-2011, 08:17 AM
Registered

My Boats: Fever

Quote:
Originally Posted by AB From Windsor View Post
Larger cockpit with more room between the front seats and the rear bench seat. An enclosed washroom (head) with plenty of space to move in. Most performance boats lack this feature and it is what hurts families from buying or keeping performances boats.
is there room for something like this, and weight
Old 11-18-2011, 11:07 AM
Registered

My Boats: Fever

some other things about some smart cup holders for once. Some sort of table that attaches to the side of the gunnel or plants on the floor might be nice. Something that folds away,

These are performance boats guys, there are some improvements that could be made but they are what they are. If you want more than 5-6 people in the boat and have kids this really isnt the boat for you