jcl
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who has a Carver Aft Cabin?

There isnt a carver section so i decided to post this here:

Looks like its a way better dean than anything on yachtworld

http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...o42751-en.html

Whats everybodys thoughts on 90's carvers?
Old 11-10-2011, 11:05 AM
Registered

I have a 1996 mariner 33' and I love it. It doesn't have the aft cabin but the ameneties overall on the mariner are very nice. The one you show may still be priced a bit high as thats about where I will price mine next summer and it is 5 yrs newer.
Old 11-10-2011, 11:26 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

My parents have a 1995 440 Aft Cabin and we love the boat. The amount of room for the size can't be beat and the amenities can't be beat on a boat of that age.
Attached Thumbnails Who has a Carver Aft Cabin?-1995-carver-440-007.jpg  
Old 11-10-2011, 12:57 PM
Registered

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

I had a 1989 4207 Carver Aft cabin. Great condo on the water. The hull was solid glass, no core. Well built vessel, and plenty of room to spare.
Old 11-10-2011, 03:08 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by jcl
There isnt a carver section so i decided to post this here:

Looks like its a way better dean than anything on yachtworld

http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...o42751-en.html

Whats everybodys thoughts on 90's carvers?
Do your best to find it or a cruiser with diesels, its safer, less maintainence, and will hold its value alot longer. In larger yachts diesels are the only way to go.
Old 11-10-2011, 03:48 PM
Registered

My folks had a 48 Carver with diesels, I loved the boat, It was on Kentucky Lake, very comfortable. I agree on the safer, less maintenance if you can find a diesel. You will be happier in the long run.
Old 11-10-2011, 04:19 PM
Registered

Received 282 Likes on 170 Posts

Personally, I don't care for all the stairs you have to climb in an aft cabin and I also don't care for being that high off the water because of the pendalum affect. That boat will be very slow and its certainly not ideal for offshore waters. With that being said, I think a V hull houseboat or cruiser would be a better choice, but I am biased. I captain a 40ft kingscraft houseboat regularly on the same lake this carver sits. All alluminum light construction has huge windows all the way around the boat and plenty of speed. No waxing, rot, or cleaning up water in the bilge. 40ft of boat can plane on a pair of 225hp 350's. You can also slip it in an open slip which can be almost half the cost. They are very economical when you add it all up. One other thing I've noticed in TX these aft cabins and sedans and houseboats often struggle to keep cool during 105 degree days. The cruiser "dungeon" cabins do a much better job of staying cool. Nothing worse than spending big money for AC on the water only to find out the damn boat won't stay cool in the dead heat of summer.

Last edited by TexomaPowerboater; 11-10-2011 at 04:45 PM.
Old 11-11-2011, 01:44 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

I have a carver 396
Old 11-11-2011, 01:54 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

You run a houseboat in offshore big water? I am not sure that is a good idea either. Huge windows and waves.....yikes!

pendulum or not, I took my old Marinette aft cabin in water you would never hit in a houseboat. The ac cranked just fine on a 100 degree day. I don't know why a similarly rigged Carver would be much different.

Originally Posted by TexomaPowerboater
Personally, I don't care for all the stairs you have to climb in an aft cabin and I also don't care for being that high off the water because of the pendalum affect. That boat will be very slow and its certainly not ideal for offshore waters. With that being said, I think a V hull houseboat or cruiser would be a better choice, but I am biased. I captain a 40ft kingscraft houseboat regularly on the same lake this carver sits. All alluminum light construction has huge windows all the way around the boat and plenty of speed. No waxing, rot, or cleaning up water in the bilge. 40ft of boat can plane on a pair of 225hp 350's. You can also slip it in an open slip which can be almost half the cost. They are very economical when you add it all up. One other thing I've noticed in TX these aft cabins and sedans and houseboats often struggle to keep cool during 105 degree days. The cruiser "dungeon" cabins do a much better job of staying cool. Nothing worse than spending big money for AC on the water only to find out the damn boat won't stay cool in the dead heat of summer.
Old 11-11-2011, 02:02 PM
Registered

Received 282 Likes on 170 Posts

Originally Posted by ZXXX Donzi
You run a houseboat in offshore big water? I am not sure that is a good idea either. Huge windows and waves.....yikes!

pendulum or not, I took my old Marinette aft cabin in water you would never hit in a houseboat. The ac cranked just fine on a 100 degree day. I don't know why a similarly rigged Carver would be much different.
LOL, hell no, not in offshore water. I meant for small inland lakes a houseboat or cruiser would be a better choice IMO. The boat in question is on a small inland lake.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.