Old 11-27-2011, 12:03 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did Frisini purchase the molds yet?
Old 11-27-2011, 12:15 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Top Banana
In the mid 70's I hired JC Simon to design a new Open class race boat for my Banana Boat co. The hull that he designed for me, looks very much like your hull. I know that Avanti made some 33 footers out of that design, PARADOX on this site has one.

One way to know for sure is to measure the width of the strakes. The chine strake should be 5 inches wide, the next strake in should be 4 inches and the inner one should be 3 inches wide.

You can compare from the photos on the Banana Boat Co site, look at the photos of the 38 foot Top Banana. www.bananaboatco.com That hull design won it's first race and it took two years for the new Cigarette hull, the 38 foot Top Gun to beat it in the Bahamas 200 in 1980.
Top Banana I'M VERY SURPRISED at how well these hulls perform with their power. I've been on Paradox's boat, and I can tell you this much (with GPS proof) we had if I rememer correctly 8 or 9 people with coolers, full tanks and Paradox got on it only a few times and it wasn't for very long and we were showing 89.xxx on the GPS. I don't remember exactly but I know it was 89. something. His boat has 525's, with that much weight on the boat and still hitting 89 and constantly staying there I can safely say with less weight and more time wide open he can EASILY hit 90+. Hell he didn't even play with the drives to get that speed so the boat definitely still had some left. I was surprised how well it handled the rough stuff and how well it accelerated. I even told Paradox his boat surprised the hell out of me. When we were at the Jacksonville Poker Run and we all started we were one of the last boats to get to the starting line but his boat made up ground VERY quickly. His boat even had a little fun with I believe it was a 35 or 38 fountain, I was in the boat and they boat hammered it at the same time and basically made the fountain look like it was standing still. I'm not saying this to brag I'm just stating facts because to be honest I WAS SHOCKED at how fast the boat actually is for the power. When I first got my avanti I was hesitant because of all the things people said about avanti but it is more about the owner being not so friendly than about the boats. From what I have experienced the boats have a very efficient hull and are great boats.
Old 11-27-2011, 01:26 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Bromaguire
Yes this is the same boat. I bought it from Will. It squated his H2 quite a bit also.

Even a 3/4 ton truck would pull it better than the Hummer but I would want a dually or an F650 for that rig.
Old 11-27-2011, 07:23 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

[QUOTE=272bajadriver;3558307]we had if I rememer correctly 8 or 9 people with coolers, full tanks and Paradox got on it only a few times and it wasn't for very long and we were showing 89.xxx on the GPS.

While I was pleasantly surprised to see 89+ on the GPS with a heavy load, we only had 7 people on board and about ¾ of fuel. A little correction and accuracy is due.
When dennis freedmen owned and made the Avantis, he sort of farmed out the rigging, so the rigging and detail work on his boats were hit and miss. The hulls are awsome however. Great in rough stuff. Avanti still used the original lay up schedule from Banana boats and Sonic with mostly 24oz layers. Mine is the absolute last offshore hull and it was rigged by Lightning Bay in Tampa not in NJ. I had mine in some pretty nasty $hit, and not a single hairline or stress cracks ANYWHERE.
Enjoy your 41 footer.
P

Last edited by PARADOX; 11-28-2011 at 10:44 AM. Reason: SPL
Old 11-28-2011, 08:36 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Top Banana
In the mid 70's I hired JC Simon to design a new Open class race boat for my Banana Boat co. The hull that he designed for me, looks very much like your hull. I know that Avanti made some 33 footers out of that design, PARADOX on this site has one.

One way to know for sure is to measure the width of the strakes. The chine strake should be 5 inches wide, the next strake in should be 4 inches and the inner one should be 3 inches wide.

You can compare from the photos on the Banana Boat Co site, look at the photos of the 38 foot Top Banana. www.bananaboatco.com That hull design won it's first race and it took two years for the new Cigarette hull, the 38 foot Top Gun to beat it in the Bahamas 200 in 1980.
Well I think your correct. The strakes go from 5" to 4" to 3" like you thought. After doing some reading last night I came across some more history of the hull...

It seems that the mold came from the MSV 44' boats that was then modified by JC Simon and your company where you removed the additional strake the MSV 44' had and some how Avanti ended up making boats out of your modified mold. Does that sound correct? Were there any other differences in the hulls besided the number of strakes?
Old 11-28-2011, 02:54 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

I can't remember the V but MSV stands for Sonny Miller, Bob Saccenti and *****?

Charlie, do you confirm?
Old 11-28-2011, 03:40 PM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,053 Likes on 277 Posts

Theres nothing wrong with an avanti in rough water
Old 11-28-2011, 07:16 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Panther
I can't remember the V but MSV stands for Sonny Miller, Bob Saccenti and *****?

Charlie, do you confirm?
From what I've found, I believe the "V" originally stood for Dominic Visconsi (owner of popeye also) who was later bought out by John Varese.
Old 11-28-2011, 08:13 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by fast fun 2
Theres nothing wrong with an avanti in rough water
NOO there isn't.

Avanti 41 History?-big-air.jpg
Old 11-28-2011, 10:33 PM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,053 Likes on 277 Posts

Tuck it in!! lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.