Notices

Avanti 41 History?

Old 04-19-2012, 09:07 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CAL500
First, I want to apologize for resurrecting a dead thread, but I feel like it was necessary.

Just to make it clear, this is Marc Miller - son of Sonny Miller; founder, designer and racer of MSV Powerboats.

After lots of research and reading on the influence of my father's design - it makes me wonder how someone can say they have 'designed' a hull by simply adding or removing what-nots and not giving credit where credit is due. The MSV was tested, raced, and proven and showed it's ass to the Cigarettes of that time before the Top Banana even existed... or any of the others of the same hull design.

I'm currently in process of bringing back the MSV in a wider form for the Cowes to Monte-Carlo 2013. Alongside constructing the boat and rebuilding the MSV brand, I will get the history of the boat and the company absolutely straight. My father has done great work and deserves the recognition in which others have not given.

Stay tuned - and if anyone has any questions, they can email me directly: [email protected]
Thanks for chiming in! Does the lineage of the hull sound correct? Ive browsed through your website a number of times to have a look at all the info and pictures you have. I cant wait to see some new boats on there soon. The short time I've had mine the hull design has shown how great it does in the rough stuff.

My rebuild has turned into a full restoration of my boat. From new engines, paint, interior, gauges, and the cabin interior is getting updated as well. I even removed the cockpit and cabin floor to examine the gas tanks and stringers. My plan is to run twin 540's making around 725hp each through Konrad drives. Any idea how fast the boat will run with that power?

When will your boats be back in production? How much wider will the new hull be? Do you plan to modify the bottom of the hull at all like adding steps etc?

Last edited by Bromaguire; 04-19-2012 at 09:11 AM.
Old 04-20-2012, 07:17 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Bromaguire
Thanks for chiming in! Does the lineage of the hull sound correct? Ive browsed through your website a number of times to have a look at all the info and pictures you have. I cant wait to see some new boats on there soon. The short time I've had mine the hull design has shown how great it does in the rough stuff.

My rebuild has turned into a full restoration of my boat. From new engines, paint, interior, gauges, and the cabin interior is getting updated as well. I even removed the cockpit and cabin floor to examine the gas tanks and stringers. My plan is to run twin 540's making around 725hp each through Konrad drives. Any idea how fast the boat will run with that power?

When will your boats be back in production? How much wider will the new hull be? Do you plan to modify the bottom of the hull at all like adding steps etc?
I showed my father your post and he thinks your restoration with twin 540s at 725hp each will put you in the young 70mph+ neighborhood. Not too shabby...

To answer your question about being in production-
At the moment, we're planning to resurrect the MSV in two ways: One, to propose to the military a MIL-SPEC MSV to replace their aging fleet. Second, to construct an offshore marathon raceboat for the Cowes to Monte-Carlo 2013. This is all happening as we speak. This is an exciting year for us. As progress is made, the website will be updated and pictures added as well as news on our racing team.

The bottom of the hull was also modified to fit the widening - no steps, though. More information on that later as time allows...

Cheers!
Old 05-18-2013, 09:01 AM
Registered

Update- I'll be launching the boat in a week or two.

Old 05-18-2013, 09:21 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow! Looks great!
Old 05-18-2013, 09:27 AM
Registered

beautiful job!
Old 05-18-2013, 09:37 AM
Registered

Holy Crap!!! That's beautiful....very nice work
Old 05-18-2013, 09:55 AM
Registered

Wow, big difference. Post more pics.
Old 05-18-2013, 10:46 AM
Registered

wow that boat looks awesome now!!!
my .02 boats that are all white boats look ugly they need some color and you did that..
Old 05-18-2013, 12:15 PM
Registered

Thank guys! Its been a long project but the boat came out exactly how I had hoped it would. It started out just a refresh of some cosmetic components but turned into pretty much gutting the entire boat and refinishing it. I ripped out the entire cabin and redid the cabinets, seating, walls, headliner, floor, and lighting as well. I ended up having the engine hatches made into one solid piece that lifts hydraulically from bow to stern now, as well as making the hatches flush with the bow. Everything that was bolted onto the boat was removed and replaced. The paint color is actually a pearl midnight blue that I had Awlgrip color match to my Maserati Quattroporte. In low light the paint looks black but in the sun its a nice dark pearl blue. I will take some more pictures this week and post them up.
Old 05-18-2013, 01:12 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Love the colors, great job. You will love the hull. Congrats. Name of the boat? Mine is "Bella Senorita".. DOn't take it. lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.