Notices

700hp Fountain 27

Old 12-29-2011, 06:16 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have a friend with a 29' searay bow rider. twin stock 5.7's and he floors that thing every where he goes.

also another friend with a 15 whaler, 40hp yamaha, power trim, engine was professionally rebuilt 2 yrs ago lol, toms river area.

Last edited by ita1iansta11ion1; 12-29-2011 at 06:20 PM.
Old 12-29-2011, 06:21 PM
Registered

this is a great thread
Old 12-29-2011, 06:27 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 246 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by blue thunder
I'd love to give the phantom a run in the scarab or the whaler in my lund. Either would probably be a good contest. If you have a flybridge cruiser we can do that too smarty

I liked the thread last year and I like it this year.
Hopefully I will get out on the upper Chesapeake and Lloyd's Creek off of the Sassafrass River next summer. Definitely if you see me out turn around, roll up along side of me, I will wait till your next to me before I hit the throttles, no need for a head-start, I try to play fair

You'll have to catch me on ICW between Cape may and Strathmere for the Whaler race. I raced the one Whaler in the canal in Cape May.

My cousin has a 34' Luhr's Sport Fish boat in Cape May with 454's, not sure I could get him to along along with the flybridge race you mention, he is truly a fisherman.

Here is the Phantom and the Whaler; that Sunbrella is great when cruisng but will coast me three+ mph on the top when running WOT, Then I have to unlatch the top before the race starts. Both boats are garage kept.
Attached Thumbnails 700hp Fountain 27-91mphocnj.jpg   700hp Fountain 27-100_1314.jpg   700hp Fountain 27-100_1307.jpg  

Last edited by Smarty; 12-29-2011 at 06:34 PM.
Old 12-29-2011, 06:37 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Smarty
Hopefully I will get out on the upper Chesapeake and Lloyd's Creek off of the Sassafrass River next summer. Definitely if you see me out turn around, roll up along side of me, I will wait till your next to me before I hit the throttles, no need for a head-start, I try to play fair
I''ll let you have a head start. That way its a nice clean kill for the panther. Look for the one in the vid below. I use to run with a yellow phantom quite a lot so I know how they roll. And they roll ....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbCfHt242pY

Last edited by blue thunder; 12-29-2011 at 06:42 PM.
Old 12-29-2011, 06:46 PM
Registered

Phantom we use to run with a lot doing a flyby past the carver... man I love those boats. Sorry for the HJ stallion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cDV53h35HY
Old 12-29-2011, 06:55 PM
Registered

Alas the lund in a race with the wife on the wheel. Note how she slows down to taunt the competitor before checking out. Oh yeah, that my girl!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNs4C...eature=related
Old 12-29-2011, 06:58 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Phantom we use to run with a lot doing a flyby past the carver... man I love those boats. Sorry for the HJ stallion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cDV53h35HY
Yep, that is Steve's old boat. When he got it and I brought back my father's boat from Florida we ran one day and he beat me twice, but I would would have liked to have another shot at him, I must admit I had two thrust washers on (yeah I screwed-up) on each drive, so when I went to trim out the I kept dropping speed, I can admit a mistake, looked at the props with Bob Wallace at Offshore Performance in Egg Harbor Twp, think I dropping fuel pressure hence that is why I was slowing down, it was slowing down because I had two thrust wahers, (I did have a fuel leak, but that wasn't the reason I lost nor the reason for dropping speed), it was a good laugh for him, and for me too. I would have liked to have had another shot at him, because my Phantom is all sorted out.

And I would like to run the Italian Stallion Fountain, maybe he is playing possum and really runs 90+, and is holding back on that extra 5 mph in order to drum up a race or two.

Never know unless I get on the water this summer.

Picture of Steve and his son, with my relatives on my boat at Lloyd's creek two years ago, a great day on the water, two 34' Phantoms.
Attached Thumbnails 700hp Fountain 27-34s.jpg   700hp Fountain 27-stevem34.jpg   700hp Fountain 27-34.jpg  

Last edited by Smarty; 12-30-2011 at 08:00 AM. Reason: spelling, foul language removed
Old 12-29-2011, 07:02 PM
Registered

Nice! That was also big steve my wife was racing in the fishing boat. Top drawer dude steve is....
Old 12-29-2011, 07:02 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Alas the lund in a race with the wife on the wheel. Note how she slows down to taunt the competitor before checking out. Oh yeah, that my girl!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNs4C...eature=related
I like that waving goodbye, funny.
Old 12-29-2011, 07:05 PM
bwd
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Smarty
Now that is good stuff, to me that is a great post. I love hearing about who raced who, and what happened.

I don't care what kinda of boat it is,a 45 mph boat, or an extreme speed boat, racing is racing, and I say 45 mph boat because I did not use the Phantom last summer, but did use the 15' Boston Whaler and I did look for other 15' Boston Whalers to race when I was at the Jersey shore (Cape May)and did get into two races with other Boston Whalers. Beat a 15' Whaler with a 60hp Johnson, he did not have power trim and I do so I trimmed it out and pulled away; so my fat-ass was able to pull him up top, and the other Whaler was under-powered so it was no contest. But there is always someone faster somewhere.

This summer I hope to use the Phantom, and I will race anyone I can, in the 85-100mph range. Gotta try, that is what makes it fun.

happy holidays,

Stephen
OOOHHH! I'll be sure to try an stop by on my way home after the Sarasota race July 2nd. Will your Mom put me up for a night? LOL. Sorry for the brief hijack mr. stallion. Happy new year all. B

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.