Notices

700hp Fountain 27

Old 12-27-2011, 10:41 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i would prefer not to associate myself with anyone friends of the previous owner of my boat or COTY MARINE because youre a buncha shady characters and liars.

i could sue for theft by deception if i have enough evidence. what happen to my motor being a fully built 540 w/650hp when i bought the boat. after it was torn down it was a stock 502 with alum heads approx 500hp. the bill of sale was shady and did not specify an engine. it was specified to me through word of mouth by 3 different people, the previous owner of the boat, the owner of COTY MARINE, and the "alleged" mechanic of the boat that it was 540/650.

its funny how another 27 fever for sale at COTY MARINE, the one with the ugly royal blue velour cabin, just happen to have the same motor listed in the sale description. 540 w/650 hp. so they just happen to have 2 identically powered 27 fevers for sale from the same dealer but so far we kno at least 1 if not both arent the engine specified.

i would not recommend COTY MARINE in TOMS RIVER, NJ to anyone. they will lie to you that your motor has more hp than it does to get more money from the sale.

if anyone needs a high performance engine built or repaired i would highly recommend BANDIT PERFORMANCE MARINE in MANTOLOKING, NJ. they are extremely honest, friendly and worked with me step by step throughout my engine build. they are the ones that pointed out to me, after it was torn down to be rebuilt, that my original motor was not what was specified to me by COTY MARINE.

Last edited by ita1iansta11ion1; 12-27-2011 at 12:32 PM.
Old 12-27-2011, 12:16 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by excalibur82
Here you go...you don't get a more even match than this!!!! And he makes less hp!!!!
Let me bolt my drive on, uncover it a blow out the fogging oil and do this.......
Old 12-27-2011, 12:27 PM
Registered

haha lol, end of april beginning of may we will do it. i will be at lake hopatcong for a few weeks before tr. testing a new crane ignition w/rev limiter, in place of the old thunderbolt also sporting longer trim tabs. after feeling that out i will try a 1" drive spacer and my 25p rev4 along with some other props. cmon lets go.
Old 12-27-2011, 12:35 PM
Registered

we should race while still on the trailer but im missing 1 wheel so its not fair!

Last edited by ita1iansta11ion1; 12-27-2011 at 12:39 PM.
Old 12-27-2011, 12:37 PM
Registered

Last edited by ita1iansta11ion1; 12-27-2011 at 12:39 PM.
Old 12-27-2011, 12:47 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Coty had nothing to do with it. If your going to point the finger point it at the owner becuse that is what he told them. It would not surprize me if that is what the engine builder told the owner.I would bet that more than half of the performance boats that are list are not close to being correct with hours, hp speeds, and cubic inch.They are just a broker and that is what the owner tells them about the boat. It sucks that that happened to you but Coty was just a broker.. I'm just tring to watch a good race...
Old 12-27-2011, 12:48 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

crapr6, what's the excaliber running for power/drive? And cruising/top speed? Kind of interested because there is one for sale locally. Looks like a fun smaller poker run boat
Old 12-27-2011, 01:17 PM
Registered

so the 2 different owners of both 27 fevers both lied to COTY MARINE and just happen to specify the same engine specs. u kno thats bull s. get real.

why was there nothing filled out on my bill of sale that specified what size, type or even number of engines that my boat had. does COTY MARINE not fill this information out on every brokerage sale? i would rather deal with a broker that gets the info rite, than one that has been proven to get it wrong.

thats y i have a fully documented build with pictures from a reputable engine shop now.

Last edited by ita1iansta11ion1; 12-27-2011 at 01:38 PM.
Old 12-27-2011, 02:01 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by ita1iansta11ion1
so the 2 different owners of both 27 fevers both lied to COTY MARINE and just happen to specify the same engine specs. u kno thats bull s. get real.

why was there nothing filled out on my bill of sale that specified what size, type or even number of engines that my boat had. does COTY MARINE not fill this information out on every brokerage sale? i would rather deal with a broker that gets the info rite, than one that has been proven to get it wrong.

thats y i have a fully documented build with pictures from a reputable engine shop now.
I dont know the broker, previous owner, or you, nor am I picking a fight, but...... its buyer beware when purchasing a used boat.

Did you get a survey, perform a sea trial, get any documentation on the powerplant ? Hate to say it, but if not, its your fault. If you signed a contract for a used boat that didnt list or specify options, equipment, power or what you exactly purchased, then again, its your fault.

You should have asked for documentation or asked for better documentation at closing on exactly what you were buying. Most brokers have a clause in their ads or even contracts that state the information may not be accurate as provided due to many issues.

If they didnt provide you with documentation on the power, the boat in general to your specifications or desires, or couldnt, it was up to you to either close the deal or walk away.

If you would have gone a sea trial and ran the boat hard, you would have found the HP as represented didnt equate to the speeds you were seeing.

It sucks that this happened to you, but you need to do your due diligence and not take someones word for it when it comes to buying a boat. Just the nature of the business unfortunately.
Old 12-27-2011, 02:10 PM
Registered

got a survey. survey says 540/650. went for a sea trial. asked for documentation, none. never met previous owner face to face. talked to once on phone only and he was very vague. ran the boat hard, felt quick. boat was exactly what i wanted. it wasnt a bargain but it wasnt a rip off thats y i bought it. i dont regret it but i would have appreciated not being dicked around.

Last edited by ita1iansta11ion1; 12-27-2011 at 02:27 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.