First 32’ Doug Wright “Pleasure Boat” Ready for Testing in Two to Three Weeks >

First 32’ Doug Wright “Pleasure Boat” Ready for Testing in Two to Three Weeks

Notices

First 32’ Doug Wright “Pleasure Boat” Ready for Testing in Two to Three Weeks

Old 05-13-2012, 08:05 PM
Registered

Received 792 Likes on 222 Posts

Originally Posted by skaterdave
there wasn't any skaters in my limited racing career in P1 ?

as for the print thru, i can't speak for kap's boat but that will be the first i have heard about print thru on a DW, since he uses all epoxy primers, fillers and paints. and please lets not kid ourselves that skaters don't have this issue. i owned 2, wrenched on a 388 SC and have seen several others with print thru. its most prevalent on the decks since skater gelcoats the hulls but the decks are flat sheets cast on a table.

i remember talking to 2 different custom painters that constantly complained about skaters. they could not put the boats in ovens to cure paint without major issues. they elluded that skater used polyester body fillers and epoxy resin, which different temperature curing points. both made a practice of baking the boats in a oven before ever starting and paint work.

if memory serves me right, skater just in the last few yrs started painting his own boats and i'm still not sure if he even post cures.
I can't tell you the exact materials used in Skater's lamination schedules, but I can assure you that any issues that ever did arise in any Skater, Pete took care of it for them. Did DW fix the bottom of your boat free of charge? And that was a serious question, not a dig. Pete was there for me BIG TIME when I had my accident and he did the repairs on my boat. There is nobody better in the industry IMO. Steve Schultz was already painting boats in-house at Skater when I first went back there in early '04 to place the order for my boat.
Old 05-13-2012, 08:20 PM
Registered

Received 792 Likes on 222 Posts

damn skater30, is that a pic of your boat ?

seriously, no really, seriously how can ever be sure water didn't get into the balsa core ? did you take core samples or whats the repair for something like that.

ps, i just asked for a pic of it running 160 not taking off to Mars. WTF????

gotta say skater does build a good boat, its still floating
As in my previous post, all repairs to my boat were performed at the Douglas Marine factory, so I trust it was done correctly. As for knowing if any balsa is wet, it's easy, any location where the structure is compromised, you can have water intrusion into the balsa (obviously). As you grind out the section that needs repair, you continue to take material (coring) away until you get to where it is dry. Then replace coring/laminate material as necessary. It's common for raceboats to have entire sections torn off and repaired back to as good as new again. You do know that the widened Skaters are cut in half and put back together again with the widened section in place? As for posting a pic of my Skater running 160, I don't have any of those, so the pic of it poised for takeoff to Mars will have to suffice! And yes, I am one of the handful of elite Skater capjob testers! Mine tested good for the few hours it doubled as buoy #30 on the San Joaquin River.
Old 05-13-2012, 08:24 PM
Registered

Received 155 Likes on 71 Posts

Sorry Kap, I meant no disrespect. A guy who lives a couple miles down the road from me raced a Doug Wright cat with outboards (Dennis Berry) and it was very well made boat that he always spoke highly of.
Old 05-13-2012, 08:35 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

damn skater30, is that a pic of your boat ?

seriously, no really, seriously how can ever be sure water didn't get into the balsa core ? did you take core samples or whats the repair for something like that.

ps, i just asked for a pic of it running 160 not taking off to Mars. WTF????

gotta say skater does build a good boat, its still floating
boy o boy,u guy sound like a bunch of *****es...why don't you 2 take it to the shootout in loto..... lets prove who can walk the walk,not talk the talk...(i would say they should be dialed in by then..)There should be plenty of competition there..
Old 05-13-2012, 08:36 PM
Registered

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by kap328
Reply:

You might also want to get a surveyor to check it out before you buy it. Just saying..... I'm not too keen on someone coming into my thread... simply to jack it up and start his own personal agenda.

Oh perhaps Mr. Rayzor aka Skater30 can put up videos with his concours cameras of all the structural damage that occurred to his boat. Great selling point....dumb azz.

Well it seems OK if the Skater boys come into a Doug Wright thread and trash talk. I don't f'ing think so! Wheres your boy he is the Skater dealer coming into a DW thread posting photos...gimme a break 32 Skater is $325 that makes a DW a bargain.

I don't know what your problem is douche bag but you need to get the flock outta my thread. I called you to find out what your problem is but you don't have the nads to speak up friggen coward. So why don't you and your minions just crawl back under the rock you came out from under!

You stalked me on my Facebook page...you did the same thing on Performance Boats Forums and now here.

I mean really why are you in this thread other than to disparge the product?
omg someone didnt take his happy pills today did they. and your an attorney of all things. wow. i keep reading all the post and one common thing is eveyone states your atti tude glad you arent letting them down but you ever think your letting yourself down.mr wright has a good bot but not a good dealer network i see
Old 05-13-2012, 10:29 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Boatlesss
omg someone didnt take his happy pills today did they. and your an attorney of all things. wow. i keep reading all the post and one common thing is eveyone states your atti tude glad you arent letting them down but you ever think your letting yourself down.mr wright has a good bot but not a good dealer network i see
Ive been looking at doug wrights, but if buy one it will be doug wright himself not this kap cat thats for sure
Old 05-13-2012, 11:36 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Sbarberdds
Ive been looking at doug wrights, but if buy one it will be doug wright himself not this kap cat thats for sure
Reply:

Yeah your such a victim!!!

Who are you??? When you tried to PM me on a fishing expedition so you could talk more BS. I simply asked for your contact info. to provide you with an alleged quote..you refused! Yeah I bet you want to buy one...your the guy who PM'd me so you could get a price on one... unrigged..... so you can splash it good luck!

I'm sure this is how you buy your cars as well because you deal direct with GMC and Ford take your pick etc... No problem with me you can buy factory direct if you like either way I'm happy!

Oh and thats Mr. KAP to you!
Old 05-14-2012, 01:44 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by kap328
Reply:

Yeah your such a victim!!!

Who are you??? When you tried to PM me on a fishing expedition so you could talk more BS. I simply asked for your contact info. to provide you with an alleged quote..you refused! Yeah I bet you want to buy one...your the guy who PM'd me so you could get a price on one... unrigged..... so you can splash it good luck!

I'm sure this is how you buy your cars as well because you deal direct with GMC and Ford take your pick etc... No problem with me you can buy factory direct if you like either way I'm happy!

Oh and thats Mr. KAP to you!
Splash it?, i'm a dentist , I know nothing about fiberglass work. Unrigged? Not a chance, no power yes, i have my own engines, and from what ive read no one will buy a boat from you, I will buy mine from DOug himself, your name should be yap instead of kap
Old 05-14-2012, 06:04 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 247 Likes on 113 Posts

I do not mind reading reading threads when someone may stir-the-pot (cause a little controversy) when reasonable, but this thread, which was about a new, good looking and fast DW boat has went to hell in a handbasket. Bickering over the DW and Skater, for neutral party like me, who loves to hear about the new boats, about someone upgrading hardware seeking a performance improvement is great reading, but this b*tching back and forth is just, teenage sh*t. The thread about the new Hustler 39' Rocket which went fast disintegrated into a pissing match about speed, and Outerlimits.

I like the Doug Wright boats, I like the Skater, I like the 39' Hustler Rocket, I like most Outerlimit models, but b*tching needs to stop. Come-on man!

Last edited by Smarty; 05-14-2012 at 06:25 AM. Reason: b*tching
Old 05-14-2012, 06:12 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Smarty
I do not mind reading reading threads when someone may stir-the-pot (cause a little controversy) when reasonable, but this thread, which was about a new, good looking and fast DW boat has went to hell in a handbasket. Bickering over the DW and Skater, for neutral party like me, who loves to hear about the new boats, about someone upgrading hardware seeking a performance improvement is great reading, but this *****ing back and forth is just, teenage sh*t. The thread about the new Hustler 39' Rocket which went fast disintegrated into a pissing match about speed, and Outerlimits.

I like the Doug Wright boats, I like the Skater, I like the 39' Hustler Rocket, I like most Outerlimit models, but b*tching needs to stop. Come-on man!
+1 Well said. Artie

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.