Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
just heard 5 gas by memoial day , >

just heard 5 gas by memoial day ,

Notices

just heard 5 gas by memoial day ,

Old 02-14-2012, 08:36 AM
Registered

Received 599 Likes on 243 Posts

These Speculators are not some Evil Secret Society.They are people on this site,friends and neighbors all betting on it going up because some Wallstreet placed Hearsay is being sensationalized on the news.

Enjoy everyday these days because as bad as it looks now ,We will look back just 3 years from now and talk about the old days.

Last edited by tommymonza; 02-14-2012 at 08:42 AM.
Old 02-14-2012, 09:13 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tommymonza
These Speculators are not some Evil Secret Society.They are people on this site,friends and neighbors all betting on it going up because some Wallstreet placed Hearsay is being sensationalized on the news.

Enjoy everyday these days because as bad as it looks now ,We will look back just 3 years from now and talk about the old days.
But they are not the reason it's going up. You have bought into what the leftist media wants you to. For every speculator that bets its going up one bets it's going down. It's a zeroing effect. That's how there is money to pay the winner. If gas goes down tomorrow someone will make money on that. You won't be mad right?
The reason it's expensive is we don't use that much anymore. Our economy is in the crapper and our money is worth less. These two things will not change until our policies do.
Right now the US exports refined gas to other countries who are willing to pay for it since the demand here is so low. We may import oil but we export gas!
Get this economy moving through industry and small business not handouts and this will change and fuel will go down.
Always remember just like in any industry someone will always undercut their competition. It's going to take a lot to change this and I am afraid our leaders do not have the courage to stand behind those willing to invest. Rather they single them out as evil, rich, and unfair.
And remember this is probably you they are talking about.
Old 02-14-2012, 09:27 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by GTOFFSHORE
But they are not the reason it's going up. You have bought into what the leftist media wants you to. For every speculator that bets its going up one bets it's going down. It's a zeroing effect. That's how there is money to pay the winner. If gas goes down tomorrow someone will make money on that. You won't be mad right?
The reason it's expensive is we don't use that much anymore. Our economy is in the crapper and our money is worth less. These two things will not change until our policies do.
Right now the US exports refined gas to other countries who are willing to pay for it since the demand here is so low. We may import oil but we export gas!
Get this economy moving through industry and small business not handouts and this will change and fuel will go down.
Always remember just like in any industry someone will always undercut their competition. It's going to take a lot to change this and I am afraid our leaders do not have the courage to stand behind those willing to invest. Rather they single them out as evil, rich, and unfair.
And remember this is probably you they are talking about.
What speculator in the last 5 years would speculate that oil is going down? There is no zeroing affect. Get off the republican high horse, and start hating equally. Thats what both sides want is populace divided so they can have more control. As an American people if we put aside silly things like funding birth control, or trying to take away guns, and form to together to get change we would get it.
Old 02-14-2012, 09:32 AM
Beak botr
VIP Member

Term limits for the House and Senate. Make lobbying a Felony Offense. Make out of work Senators/House members ineligible for "Consultation" jobs or any sort of job remotely related to government.
Old 02-14-2012, 09:39 AM
Fast Singles Club
Gold Member

Received 387 Likes on 156 Posts

I have busted my nuts my entire life ,coal mines , steelmills and underwater to earn what i have . Never a handout from ANYBODY . My body is paying a high price for this . Now , just when i think i can relax a little , this bull**** starts happening again . Keeps driving up the prices of EVERYTHING . Now please tell me what an older gentleman is to do . Am i to sell the things i worked so long and hard for . Guess i should shut up , grab my cardboard box and head to the backwoods , i think i'm going to have a lot of company .
Old 02-14-2012, 09:43 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by 88Fount33
Term limits for the House and Senate. Make lobbying a Felony Offense. Make out of work Senators/House members ineligible for "Consultation" jobs or any sort of job remotely related to government.
Old 02-14-2012, 09:46 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by the deep
I have busted my nuts my entire life ,coal mines , steelmills and underwater to earn what i have . Never a handout from ANYBODY . My body is paying a high price for this . Now , just when i think i can relax a little , this bull**** starts happening again . Keeps driving up the prices of EVERYTHING . Now please tell me what an older gentleman is to do . Am i to sell the things i worked so long and hard for . Guess i should shut up , grab my cardboard box and head to the backwoods , i think i'm going to have a lot of company .
It sucks, and this whole thing started with Regan and has spaned over 4-5 presidents and seems to get worse and worse. Each has an equal hand in the blame as the other. The world does change thought and sometimes for good and sometimes for bad. My biggest problem is the two party system, where if you really think of it, most of us do not fit into either. But the extremes on the left and right control all of the decisions. We all thought the tea party was going to be something that would change things, and man were we mistaken.
Old 02-14-2012, 09:54 AM
Registered

Received 599 Likes on 243 Posts

The big firms on wallstreet get all the little guys to buy into the hype and when they got them in heavy they start pulling the rug out from under them.

Some little guys win but many lose.The big guys rule?

And the oil corps realize wallstreet is doing all their dirty work and taking the blame for it. And they win bigger profits that they did not believe the American people would ever put up with.

And Oil ends up settling at a 30 percengt higher market price than previous and the average Joe just lost another huge chunk of his paycheck to oil speculative driven inflation.

Everybody believed the people would never put up with this and the resulting 4 dollar gas prices but the sheep have no choice, the middle class become poorer and less empowered everyday as they try to grasp to a life they once knew, but do not realize, has slipped over the mountain to never be seen again.
Old 02-14-2012, 10:10 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by soldier4402
Not having term limits is the reason we are in the shape were in and everyone knows it but nothing changes. I only wish I knew how to get people motivated to make it happen, but it is supposed to be "We the People" If we could start on this website, who knows, lots of members.
Old 02-14-2012, 10:22 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

dont we hear this about, this time every year?

Just sayin

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.