Notices

Vessel Documented??

Old 02-16-2012, 08:09 AM
The Illustrious One
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by s022mag
I finally got my papers showing that my formula is documented through the US Coast Guard, does anyone else have there's documented and if so what all do I need to have done. Do I still need to get it registered or is the document enough to run. I still have to rename it and put the new port of call on it just wondering what else.

Someone probably already answered as I didn't read the thread but you need to affix the doc # inside the engine compartment and affix the name and hailing port on the transom!!!!!
Old 02-16-2012, 08:46 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Make sure you perform the renaming ceremony!!!!!
Old 02-16-2012, 09:36 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by scarab63
What was your time frame from submition of papers to boat being uscg doc ?
Im not sure on exact dates but I put in for the transfer in late august and got the letter in late December. It took some time that's for sure. I never got hassled while I boated the rest of the year. I had a letter from a agent who does the documentation stating that the boat was in the process and it should get me by till it's finalized. I'm getting all the vinyl done in the spring with name and port of call plus I'm gonna put the doc number in the engine compartment.