Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Checkmate Adds Largest Model in Company History >

Checkmate Adds Largest Model in Company History

Notices

Checkmate Adds Largest Model in Company History

Old 03-04-2012, 11:01 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Always loved checkmates and nice to see them going bigger. This boat looks bad a** cant wait to see it on the lake. As for these idiots talking sh** I think checkmates longevity speaks for its self. Without their affordable entry level performance boats a lot of us wouldn't be boating.
Old 03-04-2012, 11:16 AM
Registered

Received 25 Likes on 3 Posts
Default What I know about Checkmate?

I believe a former member of the Baja team is now in the operation of Checkmate. You can see it in one of the 24' models that looks much like the the Baja H2X.
Old 03-04-2012, 11:24 AM
Registered

Received 3,024 Likes on 991 Posts

I have not read through all the BS but WOW! A couple D-bags can really screw up a thread.

Anyway, GREAT looking boat. Personally, I haven't really liked the lines of the older Checkmates of the past (no offense meant, just not my style). If this new "Punisher" is the future of Checkmate, then the future looks bright! Glad to see them (Jeff, I suppose) working to expand a company, bring new product to the masses and forge ahead in this terrible economy. Best of luck with the new ride. Love the lines and the paint. Can't wait to see the boat come together and hit the water!

Tank
Old 03-04-2012, 11:57 AM
Registered

Received 86 Likes on 24 Posts

I think as a benefit to this Checkmate 43 thread, Checkmate Boats, the owner building this project, and to all the readers that are enjoying this thread, a few people should be locked out/banned from making any more off color or derogatory posts. You've created nothing but controversy, pissed off the good folks trying to enjoy this thread, pissed of the moderators, tried to hijack the thread, talked trash, etc. etc. So to benefit the good people here on OSO, do us (and yourselves) a favor and STFO this thread. I won't mention any names because it's obvious who you are!

Checkmate Proud
Checkmate Strong
Checkmate for Life
Old 03-04-2012, 12:00 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by thisistank
I have not read through all the BS but WOW! A couple D-bags can really screw up a thread.

Anyway, GREAT looking boat. Personally, I haven't really liked the lines of the older Checkmates of the past (no offense meant, just not my style). If this new "Punisher" is the future of Checkmate, then the future looks bright! Glad to see them (Jeff, I suppose) working to expand a company, bring new product to the masses and forge ahead in this terrible economy. Best of luck with the new ride. Love the lines and the paint. Can't wait to see the boat come together and hit the water!

Tank
I'm sorry if I was part of the problem.

I really like the new 43 as well. I can't believe how great the paint is, and I love the old school style of the boat. I hope some of the Apache history of the boat comes through in the performance and the updates help it. It will be very interesting to see it in the water running and hopefully a few sell. If the boat performs well and the pricing is very competitive for the 38-43' market, I think there will be room for it.

I think Jeff is correct, there is almost never really an ideal time to start something new? When there is, it is nearly impossible to spot or predict. Many just get a little lucky with timing and then it's hard work that makes the success happen.
Credit to him and Checkmate for taking a risk. I hope they have the energy to see it all through. I think there are still some very big challenges to overcome, but they have already been through allot just to get this far.
Old 03-04-2012, 12:13 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I loved and sometimes miss my Checkmate. It was my first real performance boat and I learned alot in the few years of owning her. I hope this one runs as good as it looks!

Correct me if I'm wrong but hasn't it been established that this is a "one off" from leased molds???
Old 03-04-2012, 12:42 PM
Registered

Received 157 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by POWERPLAY J
I loved and sometimes miss my Checkmate. It was my first real performance boat and I learned alot in the few years of owning her. I hope this one runs as good as it looks!

Correct me if I'm wrong but hasn't it been established that this is a "one off" from leased molds???
Same with me. My first boat was a 22 checkmate with a big block. the thing was a blast. Good luck to checkmate with the new boat, it looks sweet.
Old 03-04-2012, 12:52 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I too don't really love the look of former Checkmates. The front of the boat was always too pointy looking.

I love this new design and can't wait to see it run.

What are some mph estimates with the 700s or is there just no way to know?
Old 03-04-2012, 04:50 PM
Registered

Received 607 Likes on 275 Posts

Clean up on aisle 3 please . This thread just got a few pages shorter!
Old 03-04-2012, 06:36 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by POWERPLAY J

This is the "first one" from leased molds, they will build as many as they can sell.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.