Notices

What is a juco ???

Old 03-06-2012, 02:56 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 344 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by Ted G
For me it was always summed up very easily, at one point there was a very real possibility that you would be face to face with anyone on the site.
You can say that again!!! Maybe it's time for some of us "oldtimers" to bring back OSO parties... like they used to be!!!

Originally Posted by Interceptor
The band of pseudo internet experts/investigators/lawyers etc seems to have increased within OSO since the Sunkin episode and endlessly attempt to state opinion as fact on every thread containing the slightest controversy.
ed
That's very true. I know that I am definately more sceptical of people when they appear and seem to be "Joe Offshore". The latest one was 45Tripps, but he seems to have slithered back under the rock that he came out from. Controversy was most likely saved on that one.
Old 03-06-2012, 03:59 PM
The Illustrious One
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by OldSchool
You can say that again!!! Maybe it's time for some of us "oldtimers" to bring back OSO parties... like they used to be!!!
I remember a few of those parties and even ran into you at a couple there bro!!!!!

We need to do those parties again it would be fun to do those!!!
Old 03-06-2012, 04:08 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by sean stinson
I remember a few of those parties and even ran into you at a couple there bro!!!!!

We need to do those parties again it would be fun to do those!!!
Yep i remebered those days as well
Old 03-06-2012, 10:34 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by catastrophe
i just read the sticky on the top of this page. I read it because a long time member here and a good friend pointed it out to me.

Since we are experiencing the winter duldrumbs and perhaps ib thinks its a little slow around here maybe we could talk about the topic a bit.

I'll make some points and then you guys can all jump in and agree or disagree.

I'll start with who the phuck is juco ?other than obviously not knowing how to use the english language , they have 27 posts on here and after reading the posts i presume they are responsible for the technical portion of how this board works.
They should get that part down right to start with. Of all the boards out there involving boating yak, this place is the slowest performing board i visit.
With 27 posts they are hardly the right person to be putting that sticky up there.

Speedgirl and the volunteer mods on here do a great job in my opinion. I dont think we need to hear from anyone else.

Tone

i've always equated the talk on here to a bunch of like minded guys standing around at a party yakkin about a common interest being boating. Those guys have a common denominator being that they are all " a" personalities. Anyone that wants to throw as much time and effort and a ton of money into this hobby as we all do has to be a little bent in the first place.
To restrain their conversation and how they talk to one another is a huge mistake. They have to be able to post on here the same way they talk everyday. To restrict that in any way makes this a vanilla conversation board and it becomes meaningless.

If you travel around other sites you will see that a lot of the threads are discussing what is happening over on oso.
Ib should read that as a plus.

This place is still the mothership of boating forums and if you want it to stay that way you have to let people talk the way they talk.

If someone in this industry wants to make a product announcement that remains a straight product announcement they should do it in their own builders section.
If they want to do it in the "living room " gd section then let those that are reading it react to it as they wish.

If it gets stupid then speedy will take care of it as she always has, along with the other moderators.

Case in point. There are some folks on here that have spent hundreds and hundreds of hours educating and entertaining this membership with build threads and picture threads that some of you like or dont like.one of the threads is in the top 10 largest on here. If they get out of shape on one thread you hardly need to consider banning them. Report them to speedy and let her deal with it.

Good old days

can someone please tell me what the " good old days " around here is.

Is it the parties and giant bar tabs on steve schubles credit card?

Is it the yak about the boats that can run out on the ocean in 7 foot waves that take 3000 hp to go 75 miles an hour ?
Who the phuck waits for 7 foot waves to go boating ?nobody.

Is it the constant yak about whose boat is fastest for the 15 seconds it takes to measure the ultimate top speed that may have happened once? Who gives a chit ?
Try comparing boats that start and run everytime that you want to use them with your friends and family.

Last point.
I have never seen a sport or hobby that costs as much money to participate in as this one that is surrounded by con artists and poor service and thieves and rip off artists and pretenders.
To read some of the posts on here from people that have never owned a boat is a joke.

Rant over.
To all the hard working good honest guys on here that love this sport and want to yak about it whichever way they feel on any given day............be safe and enjoy.
well said.

+100
Old 03-07-2012, 04:38 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The band of pseudo internet experts/investigators/lawyers etc seems to have increased within OSO since the Sunkin episode and endlessly attempt to state opinion as fact on every thread containing the slightest controversy.
ed
Interesting point.
Could you please expand on it so I know exactly what you are referring to.
Old 03-07-2012, 06:11 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

ed
It's called due diligence. This community has always been plagued by rogue scumbag thieves, cheats, scammers and ripoff artists. Be thankful that there are those who would put forth the effort to bring attention to and expose individuals of this nature.

You know the old saying, "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me."

Cheers.
Old 03-07-2012, 09:14 AM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

ed
I agree I definitely see a more my opinion is fact" condescending attitude on here, especially in the winter.

But, I see it on other forums too. I usually frequent snowmobile forums in the winter and with the lack of snow this year they are just as bad(or worse) as everyone is pissy about not riding.

I don't post much here as there are guys with much more knowledge. But when I do I always try to talk to people just like I would face to face. Every once in awhile I get a little upset(happened this week) but I still try and keep my "tone" in check.

It's just too easy for many to type things they shouldn't when you just have a "screen name".

Just my point-o-two.