24' Blue Skater For Sale In Classifieds >

24' Blue Skater For Sale In Classifieds

Notices

24' Blue Skater For Sale In Classifieds

Old 03-16-2012, 09:19 AM
Registered

Received 284 Likes on 171 Posts

Originally Posted by ronniels3
Do those arrows come off your boat and how fast does it go?
The arrows are painted on, not vinyl. It runs about 71 on a good day, but hasn't been dialed in with the new power and I'm still running old props that came with the old 454's. I usually boat with wife and kids (2yr old and infant) so never really had the time to dial it in. I've seen others run mid 70's with same power. For about $2K in parts it can be easily bumped up to 500hp (new cam and valve springs) or so I was told by my engine guy.

With the exception of access, this boat is way more easier to work on than OB's. I can sit down on the floor of the bilge in front of the motors. Ever try working on an OB when the boats in the water? Very simple carb motors, no EFI to mess with. No special merc scanning computers needed. No oil injection. No special high dollar fuel injectors that make the motor go boom when you have old gas. No certified outboard technician needed. Parts are readily available and very cheap. Anybody whith a basic understanding of internal combustion engine can work and diagnose this boat. No need to send motors out to FL for a rebuild.....any local machine/engine shop can handle it. These OB's are way advanced, which is good and all, but can't be worked on by the average shade tree mechanic. And when it comes to rough water, inboards will win evertime. The extra weight and location of the weight (engines inside the boat sitting on stringers instead of hanging off the back) make for a much better ride in rough water. I'll put the ride up against the 30ft spectre too and with the money you'll save in insurance you can almost rebuild a motor every year. This is a solid fiberglass hull; no balsa coring to get wet over time. So easy to drive you can hand the keys over to your wife in any condition and at any speed.

Last edited by TexomaPowerboater; 03-16-2012 at 01:20 PM.