Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Poker Run in Norfolk, Va. Beach Area. . .bring your "Offshore" boat (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/27257-poker-run-norfolk-va-beach-area-bring-your-offshore-boat.html)

Cignificant 07-22-2002 12:43 PM

The "blower gods" willing, I'll be there!

Is everyone going to the Friday night party by water or land? Everyone from Richmond that is running plans on trailering down Friday afternoon and launching at Marina Shores. I guess the same question appiles to the Saturday night event...

BillR 07-22-2002 01:23 PM

I'll be going to both parties by land. I live about 5 minutes away.
But not sure what others are doing. :confused:

BryanTuvell 07-22-2002 02:07 PM

Definately a long run.

Hey Rick, how many miles do you estimate? It is 30 to the ocean accross the bay for us, so all day should be about 120.
We all will be launching from Portsmouth? Maybe we will pop over early and top off with fuel.
Yesterday was a blast! We were both a Rock'n.

Pablo, No Rum for me even Saturday night, the wife will be out of town, no driver! LOL
Hope to see more RPBA folks sign up.
See ya in a couple weeks guys.
Bryan

Velocitease 07-22-2002 03:10 PM

Bill --
Looking forward to catching up with HRPBA members again. I'm planning to stay on the boat Friday and Saturday if the facilities at Bay Point Marina are good. I think your wife would agree with me that the single shower/bathroom at the marina over by the Raddison was horrible. Should I consider a hotel room instead??
Lee

Cignificant 07-22-2002 03:48 PM

Lee, I like your user name!!

How's the boat? I heard you had a problem the weekend of the 4th..

Velocitease 07-22-2002 04:20 PM

Hey Steve! Sorry I missed the mini-poker run this past weekend -I heard that everybody had a great time (except for the rain which killed the dock party...) I cruised to Chippoaks on Sunday, but didn't see any RPBAers.

Looks like the crowd on 64 East is going to get an eyefull on the 2nd. We should see if we can get a caravan going! What time are y'all pulling out?

Fortunately, the fix was a minor one. Seldom is a boat problem minor or cheap (-:
Lee

Reckless32 07-22-2002 04:28 PM

Velocitease
I'll be attending a St. Judes meeting this evening and the operators of the Bay Point Marina Restaurant will be there as well, so I'll be able to get a gage on the shower facilities...

Cig, most of us here "probably" will be over land to the Friday gig. Though by boat would be fun. Though some may venture out early Friday to do a warm up and just tag along...;) Another question I'll ask tonight will be the raft-up availability for doing just that...

Bryan, it'll be just another weekend run for the HRPA distance/gas wise...:D

BryanTuvell 07-22-2002 05:42 PM

Thanks Rick, have fun at the meeting, I am now guessing at more like 150 miles, I will just top off at the last stop to be safe before going home.
Should be a blast!

I am rigging a new transom water pick-up to run with the strainer since there are two inputs etc, so I will have water coming in from both sources. You know I am not much on wrench turning but I think I can handle this task....
I estimate 3 smashed knuckles!

Our Lynnhaven marina was closed today, so I couldn't get the new impellor and spare....
Bryan

Reckless32 07-23-2002 11:15 AM

Bryan looking at the chart it's approximately 15 miles to 1st card (mostly ocean), 15 back to 2nd card (ocean & no-wake), 2.5 for the 3rd and lunch, 15 to the 4th (cross the bay), 12 to the 5th at Waterside (river & naval base), and 18 to the 6th in Little Creek basin. (7th will be pulled at the post-party).
So...
= approx. 77.5 miles for the run alone.

Plus 20 round trip to Jordan Point Bridge.

Should the sea's kick up big, the Rudee Inlet leg will be replaced by either Salt Ponds or Willoughby Spit to keep us more inland...

Why not get a slip at Marina Shores for Friday night and have the wife bring the other wives/pax by car to the Marina?...

Reckless32 07-23-2002 11:38 AM

At the meeting last night we discussed dockage for folks who want to come to the Friday/Saturday night parties by boat. They're gonna try and set up a docking barge on the end of one of the Bay Point Marina docks (in Little Creek Basin) so boats can tie up and start a raft-up depending on the numbers wanting to do that. That would be free docking. Via the website ph#'s (www.littlecreekregatta.org) there will be limited slips available for a fee at Bay Point Marina. There's also Little Creek Marina and a new marina (Blue Crab or Crab Shack I forget) just past LC Marina that would offer dockage for a fee and a close walk if all else fails. But it looks like the barge will be the ticket...

For those overnighting at Marina Shores Fri/Sat, you will have the Angler's Cove Restaurant/deck tiki-bar, and Surf-Rider's tiki-bar at your disposal right at the docks should you decide to carry on into the night, not to mention dock/boatside socializing. Fuel, ice, soda's, etc. is also available at the above mentioned locations. A West Marine is located across the street from Marina Shores as is two Marine parts departments (Beach Marine/Lynnhaven Marine) should that be necessary. Long Bay Point Marina and Lynnhaven Boatel Marina also have slips available nearby as a fall back should Marina Shores book up...