Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Open Seasons, Bag Limits, or Rewards for running over jet skiers? >

Open Seasons, Bag Limits, or Rewards for running over jet skiers?

Notices

Open Seasons, Bag Limits, or Rewards for running over jet skiers?

Old 06-25-2002, 02:45 PM
MIdnightRider

Yeah your right including the Hot Rods like that Jack ASS in the 42 Sonic with purple and Lime trim that almost took out three boats at the start in the North bound leg in SMOTW without a clue what he was doing. I was ready to hop on his boat at the card stop, and the thing about it is he was ablivious to the whole deal. Almost hit my 42, ran across a donzi, and a tiger, we all had to power back to keep from hitting him, nice move ya DA. Midnight

Old 06-25-2002, 03:11 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We saw a classic jet-ski launch this weekend. This guy takes 3 or 4 shots at backing down the ramp with a single ski on the back of his Trans Am and finally gets the trailer kinda parallel to the dock. The only thing is that his car at that point was kinda parallel to the waterline and he was blocking the ramp I was backing down. So I stop to wait for him and he gets out and stands next to his open door and talks on his cell phone for a couple minutes. Then he goes back and launches the jet ski. Then he gets into his car and parks it, right? Ummm, nope. He went to the back of the car and was messing with something in the hatch. Then the dude pulls out his f*@king T-tops and proceeds to put them on the car, blocking 2 ramps the entire time. I know it's illegal to shoot someone for doing this, but I don't think I'd get convicted.
Old 06-25-2002, 03:48 PM
MIdnightRider

LOL, I figure the IN/OUT service I have had for the last five years has doubled my life expectency. I pulled out once last year when my boat was broke @ about 4:00 on a Sunday and almost went into cardiact arrest watching that display of idiacy. At 4:00 on a Sunday with a broken vessel it isn't very funny. Not to mention the counseling it must save on my current relationship. Guys sitting at the ramp just yelling at their kids or the women. Midnight

Old 06-25-2002, 04:34 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dloftis...I have known boating rightaways and laws since I was 9 years old! I apologize for leaving out some details. I was crusing at about 50mph and the guy was trying to pass me on my starboard side and cut over in front of me ,he was only a few yards away. By the time I realized what was happening it was too late to nail the throttle, if I did I would have definately killed him. I realize that not all jet skiers are dumb a$$es but the majority of the ones that I have seen on the water have a thing or two to learn.
Old 06-25-2002, 04:48 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

From what I've seen the past few years neither group has a monopoly on intelligence.
Old 06-25-2002, 04:57 PM
MIdnightRider

Old 06-25-2002, 05:20 PM
dloftis

Thanks for the added details. I'll agree with you now If he was trying to overtake you, you always have the right of way, regardless of which side he's one. Why didn't the bojo just cross behind you? <shrug>

Sorry if I offended you, I didn't intend to do so.

Originally posted by THRILLSEEKER
Dloftis...I have known boating rightaways and laws since I was 9 years old! I apologize for leaving out some details. I was crusing at about 50mph and the guy was trying to pass me on my starboard side and cut over in front of me ,he was only a few yards away. By the time I realized what was happening it was too late to nail the throttle, if I did I would have definately killed him. I realize that not all jet skiers are dumb a$$es but the majority of the ones that I have seen on the water have a thing or two to learn.