Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Help me decide where to go for a week of great boating! >

Help me decide where to go for a week of great boating!

Notices

Help me decide where to go for a week of great boating!

Old 03-28-2012, 03:12 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Originally Posted by drejustice
It's where i'll most likely be so if you decide your going there, drop a line.

The places Brian listed are great if your staying at their condo but unfortunately most marina's are not setup well for transient visitors staying on their boat versus their condos.

http://www.crazyhorsemarina.com I think they offer transient power, etc. and the bath/showers are hit or miss. It's where we are, and the wife is satisfied with that aspect 50% of the time

I don't know about the others offering power,

http://www.baysidemarinasml.com/ Clean facilities and nicely run place run by a good guy named Dale. They might offer transient shore power hookups.

http://www.crystalshoresmarinaresort.com/ decent bar/rest on premises as well as clean bathroom facilities

http://www.halesfordharbour.com/ I think under reno with new docks completed and a new restaurant now open. A buddy just moved his 50 ft houseboat there this week.
I missed the staying on the boat part on the first read. My bad.

Andre, what about Shoreline? Or whatever it may be named now? Transient friendly?
Old 03-28-2012, 03:48 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

All great choices. NW Michigan is fantastic with lots of places to see and things to do. Traverse City, Charlevoix and Mackinaw Island all have very nice public marinas, plus you can do Torch Lake, Lake Charleviox, Burt Lake, or Mullet Lake if you want. Higgins Lake is a beautiful lake to see if you have time and is on the way. You could do Jobbie on your way back through, LSC run is a lot of fun. Thousand Islands sounds awesome as well, have always wanted to be able to make a trip there.

Last edited by hotjava66; 03-28-2012 at 03:57 PM.
Old 03-28-2012, 03:51 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
I missed the staying on the boat part on the first read. My bad.

Andre, what about Shoreline? Or whatever it may be named now? Transient friendly?
Shoreline is now the Bay Side Marina I mentioned above. Run by Dale Runyon http://www.baysidemarinasml.com/ Not sure but he's a reasonable guy and i'd expect try to accommodate ya.
Old 03-28-2012, 03:53 PM
Registered

at some point we are going to boat northern Mich, the pics I see guys post make it look well worth, 1000 is sposed to be great, lots a rocks, stay in the channel, I too would like to boat Sandusky/PIB, should you come to Buffalo let me know, I promise to make sure you enjoy! however i strongly recommend coming for our Poker run in Aug, then you can show me the boat

Sam
Old 03-28-2012, 04:30 PM
BZ
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

LOTO.....enough said
Old 03-28-2012, 04:54 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RT930turbo
My wife and I are trying to decide where to spend our vacation the last week in June. We will be spending the week on the boat and want to go somewhere we have never been, but also somewhere where there are plenty of things to do and see on the water. A marina / marinas with clean bathrooms / showers is also important to her

I'm not afraid to put miles on the boat, so we are thinking about traveling around wherever we do go. Trying to stay within an 8-9 hour tow max from Columbus, OH.

We would also love to meet some other like minded boaters along the way.

Some of my ideas:

1.) Launch in Sandusky, head up the Detroit river to LSC, maybe even continue all the way to Lake Huron. The islands are our home territory, but I have never ventured to Detroit.

2.) Lake Norman

3.) Lake Charlevoix with a run up to Mackinac Island.

4.) Georgian Bay

5.) Buffalo / Niagara Falls / Lake Ontario / Toronto

6.) Upper Chesapeake Bay

So what do you guys think? Open to any and all suggestions
You got the best Summer boating on the planet right here in the backyard! (sandusky) If you wanna Boat you can make Mac and back in a week. If you Stop and pose in D-town these boys will lock you down and you won't make it past LSC Have Fun Be safe! No fun run this year? Last sat in the month? Rich
Old 03-28-2012, 05:10 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Poker Run on Chesapeake that weekend:
https://www.facebook.com/events/191107037657400/
Old 03-28-2012, 05:13 PM
Fast Singles Club
Gold Member

Received 387 Likes on 156 Posts

Turbo , have you ever thought about a trip to Raystown Lake in central Pa. ?? The mountains drop straight into the lake on all sides and our shores are uninhabited because the dam is a government owned flood control project . It is very common to see all manner of wildlife including deer , turkey , bear and the occasional uninhibited tipsy female on the weekends . We have a couple transient friendly marina's with great food and clean showers . Please bring it up on the web and have a look . A couple of us here on OSO boat there and would love to see a fellow performance boater on the water as we are in the minority here . Lake Raystown Resort marina is very close to me and i would be more than happy to show you around . As a matter of fact i would like to make a personal invitation to all you nutcases here .....calling all HOTBOATS....
Old 03-28-2012, 05:22 PM
Diamond Member #001
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Tom A.
..Chesapeake wins hands down for most boater friendly locations and activities...
+1. ALWAYS somewhere to go and something to do. TONS of water and shoreline, big cities (Baltimore, etc.) and small towns (Havre de Grace, etc.) plus a gigantic native population of go-fast boaters.

The used boat shopping is exceptionally good as well.
Old 03-28-2012, 05:24 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by the deep
Turbo , have you ever thought about a trip to Raystown Lake in central Pa. ?? The mountains drop straight into the lake on all sides and our shores are uninhabited because the dam is a government owned flood control project . It is very common to see all manner of wildlife including deer , turkey , bear and the occasional uninhibited tipsy female on the weekends . We have a couple transient friendly marina's with great food and clean showers . Please bring it up on the web and have a look . A couple of us here on OSO boat there and would love to see a fellow performance boater on the water as we are in the minority here . Lake Raystown Resort marina is very close to me and i would be more than happy to show you around . As a matter of fact i would like to make a personal invitation to all you nutcases here .....calling all HOTBOATS....

I'm gonna take you up on that that is on one of my hitlist, just because of the scenery, we have a lake like that nearbye, Allegheny reservoir awesome! nothing but you and what mother nature offers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.