#1 boat gets beached, #2 'pro' pulls boat off beach, #3 boat rolls and sinks

Notices

#1 boat gets beached, #2 'pro' pulls boat off beach, #3 boat rolls and sinks

Old 04-14-2012, 01:14 AM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by minx163
I would never of guessed that the guy in the picture is a lush. I also would never have guessed it's easier to pump out a fully submerged vessel than a partial submerged vessel.

Jerry Sorry, I didn't count 20 atta boys for that one oh $hit

You'll have to add some more to show how great these guy's really are. No, really I want to believe, how that was an excellent execution of a salvage ,Text book even. It's a good thing those photos do exsist they can use them in tow boat training school.
Bill is one of the best instructors at tow boat towing academy "What Yah Wanna Doo Isssssssssssss!"

hell of a post for your first post..
Old 04-14-2012, 07:31 AM
Registered

Guys the only thing I see that went wrong with the tow is --------

Caught on CAMERA :foo d-smiley-009:
Old 04-15-2012, 12:20 PM
Registered
VIP Member

To all of you, thanks for the support.

You can see in my signature, this is one of mine. For those interested, my "salvage" bill is $4500.00. Then, I have another invoice from them for almost $1400.00 for the guy that came out to get the motors running.

I have to pay at least half by this coming Wednesday...then the balance in less than 60 days.

There is some good news though.....

Oh....wait....nevermind. I had a brain fart....
Old 04-15-2012, 12:39 PM
Registered

What happens if you do not make the payments? Do they take possession?
Old 04-15-2012, 12:50 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dude, go after them. The jack-wagons have even been posting on this thread. They've been quaking in their boots ever since these photos surfaced. There incompetence in this case is only surpased by their ignorance on this thread.

I'm no attorney, but this looks like a slam dunk case against them if I ever saw one. You must keep us posted.
Old 04-15-2012, 12:50 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Too bad it ended like this for you, you have my sympathies. So that's what they refer to as "Salvage" in the biz today? I hope the boat is in good shape after this, always loved that model.

If the towing organization had any character at all, they'd eat a large part of that bill.
Old 04-15-2012, 02:32 PM
Registered

Received 47 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by tommymonza
The prices are exuberant by any standards.

I recently required a soft tow into the channel of a river recently on a 44 foot sailboat that had lightly grounded, and was in no danger. The tow boat was within 10 minutes of the location and the tow took 5 minutes and the bill was 900 dollars to Towboat US.
I don't know what a fair price is, but people need to keep in mind that you may be paying for the tow, but you are also paying for them to be on standby 24/7, perhaps going days without any towing income. Automotive towing services are constantly busy, so there is not a comparison there. If you truly want a standby service, not a towing window service, then it is going to cost you. I would hate to think what a fire department would cost to put out a single trash can fire if it wasn't supported by taxes.

Michael

Last edited by Michael1; 04-15-2012 at 02:34 PM.
Old 04-15-2012, 02:35 PM
Registered

Received 607 Likes on 275 Posts

Make sure all of their posts in this thread have been quoted in case they delete them and hire a lawyer. Your boat is totaled. You just don't know it yet because the corrosion takes time to show up. JMO. Any several strong men could have salvaged that boat by shoring up the listing side and bailing out the water and sand before towing it off the sand bar/beach.

Last edited by thirdchildhood; 04-15-2012 at 02:39 PM.
Old 04-15-2012, 03:02 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can we get a moderator to make sure users cannot delete their posts on this thread, make it a sticky near the top and also keep it open?
Old 04-15-2012, 03:51 PM
Registered

Received 47 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by thirdchildhood
Make sure all of their posts in this thread have been quoted in case they delete them and hire a lawyer. Your boat is totaled. You just don't know it yet because the corrosion takes time to show up. JMO. Any several strong men could have salvaged that boat by shoring up the listing side and bailing out the water and sand before towing it off the sand bar/beach.
Just save each page in Internet Explorer. Very easy to do.

Michael

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.