Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Worst "High Performance" Boats Ever Built? >

Worst "High Performance" Boats Ever Built?

Notices

Worst "High Performance" Boats Ever Built?

Old 03-12-2014, 11:31 AM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

I think the worst I have seen in person was Sunbird from the 80's to 1991 with the OMC I/O Cobra and Stringer drive apps. Currently would have to say especially 15 years to current any Tracker Product including their Tahoe Family runaboats. Performance end some of the stuff in the 80's was bad quality.
Old 03-12-2014, 03:12 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TWIN-SPINS
Raven countach,caravelle interceptor,,,lol
Did those have a stepped hull? I saw one once and couldn't tell if it did or I was drunk. (both?)
Old 03-15-2014, 02:44 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Commander.

UD
Old 08-02-2017, 11:17 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile 40 Profile

interesting as my experience with a 40' Profile has been excellent! Built tough and the best easy planing VHull ever experienced. Been doing this since before Poker Runs ever heard of! Turns on a dime, gives you a nickel. Comes up easy with almost no bow lift, runs the rough way better than any Fountain. A very comfortable ride right up to the big, big stuff. so easy up on plane , lost a fuel pump years back, figured here we go home at 5 knots, she came up on plane dragging an XR with a 28 Bravo prop and home we came at 50 knots on one engine. Not many big VHulls or any Cats I know can do that. 10 year use from her so far, and not the quickest boat on the water, but the smoothest. an easy rider! If you can find one, try her out....accelerates like a Rolls Royce.
Old 08-02-2017, 05:34 PM
Registered

Received 730 Likes on 327 Posts

How about any offshore boat that cannot sit in the water a few days without the transom and/or stringers getting wet.