Notices

Popping threw carb

Old 04-16-2012, 06:23 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Popping threw carb

I was running last weekedn just put my 572 10-71 motor with a chiller in and ran it. The engine blew back threw the carb about 3 time. Once was just going along it blew back. Anoter time was just tryin to get on plane then after getting on plane. I set the timming at 30 degrees and locked it. It pinged as i just started to make boost so i backed the timing off. The valves are set at .018 thousanths on the intake and exhaust any help much appriciated.

Replica Dolce & Gabbana Shoes

Retail Air Force One Shoes
Old 04-16-2012, 07:09 AM
The Illustrious One
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by hujh2012
I was running last weekedn just put my 572 10-71 motor with a chiller in and ran it. The engine blew back threw the carb about 3 time. Once was just going along it blew back. Anoter time was just tryin to get on plane then after getting on plane. I set the timming at 30 degrees and locked it. It pinged as i just started to make boost so i backed the timing off. The valves are set at .018 thousanths on the intake and exhaust any help much appriciated.

Replica Dolce & Gabbana Shoes

Retail Air Force One Shoes

I had the same engine valves at a tight.015 cold 30 degrees of timing....set your valves using the ICXO method and you should be fine.....sounds like you might have a tight valve or something simple going on also what kind of gas are you running!!!!!!
Old 04-16-2012, 09:13 AM
Registered

Received 87 Likes on 49 Posts

a number of things might cause your problem.ignition problem such as a bad plug or plug wires,a bad dist cap,to lean of a fuel mixture,ignition timing retarded to much,improperly adjuster valves,a vacume leak,inadiquite fuel system.a supercharged engine needs to have everything right,or it can ruin your day in a hurry.
Old 04-16-2012, 09:16 AM
Registered

Received 87 Likes on 49 Posts

i forgot to say,welcome aboard,i see you are a new member.
Old 04-17-2012, 11:18 AM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

Like Mike T said, it could be a number of things. I would go over the ignition system, and make sure its not misfiring. Ive seen a hundred times where guys mix up two plug wires in the firing order. It will run, but not well. It only takes a minute to double check your firing order with the plug wires to be sure.

If its popping thru the intake, and pinging, it sounds like a misfire, timing module, or just starving for fuel. I do not feel its your 30* of timing causing this.

Check and be sure you dont have a clogged needle and seat in the carbs, clogged fuel filter, floats set too low, good fuel psi, etc
Old 04-17-2012, 11:43 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Check for fireworks in intake duh!
Old 04-17-2012, 12:15 PM
Registered

Notice the whited out shadow links for designer glasses and shoes under his question. Pretty creative way for the mods not to take the thread down.
Old 04-17-2012, 04:31 PM
Registered

Received 283 Likes on 170 Posts

If you replaced the fuel lines I'd pull the needle and seat out of the carb and blow it clean. Only takes one spec of dirt and it will start popping.
Old 04-17-2012, 05:03 PM
Registered

Received 61 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by GTOFFSHORE
Notice the whited out shadow links for designer glasses and shoes under his question. Pretty creative way for the mods not to take the thread down.
Exactly!

So my recomendation for your issue is this:

It sounds like a lean pop. Those are no big deal, lean is mean. The harder you run it, the more it will just begin to sort things out itself.
Old 04-17-2012, 08:43 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default fixx

+1 on fuel,,,,minimum of 7psi,,sounds like a lein pop..happens every time once the engine starts making boost..

dont run the boat like this,,it will distroy the engine..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.