Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Way Cool Latest Active Thunder >

Way Cool Latest Active Thunder

Notices

Way Cool Latest Active Thunder

Old 04-20-2012, 04:24 AM
Registered

Received 1,819 Likes on 711 Posts

Nicely done. Just read that Pursuit is working on something similar.
For the non-egg beater crowd, you might as well get used to it. The technology is here w/the O/B's (weight, performance, lack of maint, size of package) plus look at the 6' of additional aft deck you get w/OB's
Old 04-20-2012, 06:23 AM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts

The deck looks a little busy to me. Looks like a fun boat.
Old 04-20-2012, 06:27 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Am I the only one that noticed the picture says 3900 xpress but the boat says 38 on the side and 38 on the console in another picture?
Old 04-20-2012, 06:36 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cool concept. Could fill a void in the market and sell a bunch. AT quality and performance = winner! Needs a windshield and a less gay arch.
Old 04-20-2012, 06:55 AM
Registered

Received 107 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by Twin O/B Sonic
Nicely done. Just read that Pursuit is working on something similar.
For the non-egg beater crowd, you might as well get used to it. The technology is here w/the O/B's (weight, performance, lack of maint, size of package) plus look at the 6' of additional aft deck you get w/OB's
I like it alot. I dont mind eggbeaters on a boat like this....BUT, this is a post of a typical out board lover! Hahaha... The non-eggbeater crowd on OSO out numbers the eggbeater lovers by far. Technology smecknology.......nothing like the rumble of a BIG BLOCK.
Old 04-20-2012, 07:12 AM
Registered

Received 1,819 Likes on 711 Posts
Default What eeevvvvver :)

Originally Posted by kreed
this is a post of a typical out board lover! Hahaha... The non-eggbeater crowd on OSO out numbers the eggbeater lovers by far. Technology smecknology.......nothing like the rumble of a BIG BLOCK.
No argument from me. The motors on that boat are the supercharged in line six's though which I'm not a fan of. Too many moving parts, too heavy, etc, etc.
300 Opti Max's or E-Tec's and you're on to something. Either one comes in ready to go @ 500 lbs for 300 HP's at the prop.
That's an Alpha and stout small block territory less 600 lbs and the bilge space.
Until recently I wrote O/B's for anything over about 30'. W/the new 300's and the buying publics acceptance of triples and quads, everything has changed.
I bought my first 24' twin O/B because I felt that was the limit for twin egg beaters for the performance I was after.
W/the above, the mfgs are now going after an entirely different market. A 50+ MPH, full luxury, sport cruiser w/zero noise and maintenance and again w/the huge back deck.

Trust me, when I hear a strong big block fire up, I still stop what I'm doing
Old 04-20-2012, 07:15 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by LBMA 5820
Am I the only one that noticed the picture says 3900 xpress but the boat says 38 on the side and 38 on the console in another picture?
Thats to save you a couple dollars on dock and storage fees.
Old 04-20-2012, 07:42 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Wicked cabin. Be nice to have the OB's in salt water.
I can only imagine the shear horror of catching some bugs in the face at speed though
So nice to see nicely finished enclosed heads. Whenever I enter the cabin of a boat that size, and see the toy box/PP I just have to shake my head. Some of the cabins in these expensive boats need total remakes, or everyone's wives will make them buy cruisers

AT is certainly aware of the changing markets. I don't think it has an "identity problem at all". It's versatile enough for what many people wanted. Several threads have mentioned this for years.
Old 04-20-2012, 07:52 AM
Registered

umm. what are those black things hanging on the transom?? Why outboards on a boat like that??
Old 04-20-2012, 08:31 AM
Registered

Received 86 Likes on 21 Posts

I liked the 'standard AT' 32? that had the OBs ob it....this, not so much. A boat going after this market needs a windshield. beautiful cabin!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.