Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Way Cool Latest Active Thunder >

Way Cool Latest Active Thunder

Notices

Way Cool Latest Active Thunder

Old 04-20-2012, 01:10 PM
Registered

Received 283 Likes on 170 Posts

Cool boat, very unique. The lines don't attract me, but thats not something you see when your in the boat so if everything else is good most will get over it, including me. The deck messes up the aesthetics, but you can see that there is a purpose to them, which is very functional. While odd looking it does create more headroom in the bathroom and galley, which will go over very well with the wives. I remember my family buying a deckboat sea ray and thought it looked ugly, but got over it quick once we spent a day on the boat. Cabin looks very nice and classy, nice quality components used from what I can tell. Cockpit is very well laid out. The one step in the cockpit isn't something I like to see for obvious reasons, but if it creates an extra midberth or some other purpose I can easily get over it. I would also like to see a little more class in the cockpit. Seems very plain jane from the pics......everything from the countertops to upholstery, but also looks very easy to maintain and could by why the onwer wanted it that way. Looks like a wide boat, maybe too wide for the road????? I give them a solid A. Was also very impressed with their 33 with twin OB capable of 70mph. AT is definitely a head of most of the sport boat industry. Good job all around.

Last edited by TexomaPowerboater; 04-20-2012 at 01:20 PM.
Old 04-20-2012, 04:08 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I really like the outboards on this boat, Reason is the last 5-6 feet of the boat is returned to use instead of housing engines.
Old 04-20-2012, 04:32 PM
Registered

Received 94 Likes on 22 Posts

how fast is it?....according to zillions of previous posts if it doesnt do at least 80gps 90% of the people on here wont even ride in it.
Old 04-20-2012, 04:49 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Steve 1
I really like the outboards on this boat, Reason is the last 5-6 feet of the boat is returned to use instead of housing engines.
I'm not a fan of Ob's but I gotta agree with you. Especially if your going to use it in salt.
Old 04-20-2012, 04:50 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Boat lines are nice, not sure about the egg beaters tho, makes arse end look weird...almost unfinished look-would like it with an (adjustable) extended swim platform like the cobalt. Looks like a wicked boat to entertain like the 330 sunsport and 32 sc from powerquest

Just sayin..
Old 04-20-2012, 05:48 PM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 271 Likes on 96 Posts

I really like this boat a lot, I like the outboards to. Bout the only issue I can see is decks styled like this have a tendency to pool water and when wet it looks like you'd be in for a bit of a soaking. I can't see anything but that small little stubby visor thingy in front of the driver that would deter shedding water. Even still that would not keep me from buying one. Love the layout all around.
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )
Old 04-20-2012, 06:20 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow, I love it.

Beautifully done.
Old 04-20-2012, 06:48 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Smart move. They have time to tweak things if they desire. Many people have moved on to CC's, even many getting pontoons and the like as a second boat. This gives them another choice. From AT's standpoint, if they can offer another choice, it keeps them in the family, or perhaps draws new customers.

A cursory look at many of the threads this year would indicate they are pretty well focused on the changing markets.
Old 04-20-2012, 07:29 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

who is building these for? active thunder?
Old 04-20-2012, 09:19 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

AFT Cabin

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.