Notices

HELP ME, locate my dream!

Old 04-22-2012, 04:25 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TBAG
Last I heard there were a couple for sale on Cumberland. Not advertised anywhere but on the market.
which ones? I know Grinder Hill was always for sale but no where close to what its worth. Plus the whole lowering of the water does it help some of the marinas as well.

Still not heard a completion date for the damn there!
Old 04-22-2012, 04:41 PM
Registered

I looked at a few at Lake of the Ozarks quite a few years back, I think you could find what you are looking for there. At that time was the change from foam to capsolated docks so they were going pretty cheap because nobody wanted to pay for the switch. I am not sure how it is now.
Old 04-22-2012, 05:17 PM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by buckeyefountain
which ones? I know Grinder Hill was always for sale but no where close to what its worth. Plus the whole lowering of the water does it help some of the marinas as well.

Still not heard a completion date for the damn there!
All the marina's on Cumberland have adapted to the lower water & doesn't really affect them anymore.

Have you looked @ any places or land available on the Ohio around cincy?
Old 04-23-2012, 08:07 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by jmoore1225
All the marina's on Cumberland have adapted to the lower water & doesn't really affect them anymore.

Have you looked @ any places or land available on the Ohio around cincy?
I appreciate this thought but river life is not for me! Plus, it's to close to home still! Lol
Old 04-23-2012, 12:01 PM
Registered

There is a marinas for sale web site. http://marinasforsale.com/
Old 04-23-2012, 12:13 PM
VP of the tickfaw200

Received 148 Likes on 60 Posts

i know some of the in and outs. its lots of work! pm me

check the laws in the sate also. louisiana has some messed up laws when it comes to people not paying the rent on there spot : wet slip, dry stall, rack, open yeard etc
Old 04-23-2012, 03:22 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by buckeyefountain

I want something with very few employees if any. I can cut grass, clean toilets, clean property, forklift boats, manage the docks and so on. LOL... low stress and not a whole lot of liabilities! Plus, I am sure a little cash as well.

Cashbar, send me a private email if you would like. I wont kick anything out if its a deal!
As someones right hand man, I can tell you Low stress has nothing to do with owning a marina, sure the people are great, but there's always that guy, and there are many, and a marina is a huge liability, and since you have a insurance backround do some digging you will find out. now if this is your dream then chase it!! full tilt %100 all in go for broke. it does have rewards,
Old 04-23-2012, 04:22 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

i think mark twain said, "if you love what you do, you will never work a day in your life." the flip side of that is "if it was fun, somebody would be doing it for free." good luck. enjoy.
Old 04-23-2012, 08:53 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 88242LS
As someones right hand man, I can tell you Low stress has nothing to do with owning a marina, sure the people are great, but there's always that guy, and there are many, and a marina is a huge liability, and since you have a insurance backround do some digging you will find out. now if this is your dream then chase it!! full tilt %100 all in go for broke. it does have rewards,

Old 04-24-2012, 10:51 AM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 795 Likes on 258 Posts

PM sent yesterday

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.