Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Price of Oil Falls 4% in a few hours ???? >

Price of Oil Falls 4% in a few hours ????

Notices

Price of Oil Falls 4% in a few hours ????

Old 05-11-2012, 06:32 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Steve 1
We're on the other side of Peak Oil so energy prices, except for a temporary $.05 drop in pump prices every now and then, are going nowhere but UP.

Government control of oil companies-you mean like BP, which destroyed the Gulf fishing industry and hasn't paid its $20,000,000,000 fine yet? Or TransCanada which was blessed by Bush with the permits to construct its oil pipeline to Houston so its oil can be refined there and shipped all over the world except here in America? Did you know that TransCanada can use, and is using, Eminent Domain to steal American people's land who didn't want that pipeline to go through their land?

I'm pissed that Obama is caving into the oil companies and allowing this pipeline to be built. It's not going to drop energy prices for America, and the danger of spills into aquifers will be ever-present. It's bad for America.

wrong !!!!

=
steve he's right on the trans canada pipeline. it was a running joke when i was working in ND oil shale.

the oil companies are closing refiniers to jack up the price and also its easier to do refining in countries that don't complain about dumping toxic sludge everywhere.
Old 05-11-2012, 06:37 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You have to laugh at these drill-baby-drill guys. They really think all that shale oil is going to American gas stations.
Old 05-11-2012, 06:38 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by skaterdave
steve he's right on the trans canada pipeline. it was a running joke when i was working in ND oil shale.

the oil companies are closing refiniers to jack up the price and also its easier to do refining in countries that don't complain about dumping toxic sludge everywhere.
So it is better the Chinese get the Oil , Right Cat ??? Where did the 20 Billion Obamaloon had go ???

Last edited by Steve 1; 05-11-2012 at 06:41 PM.
Old 05-11-2012, 06:43 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What's going on in the Bakken now? I almost got a job hauling pipe up there but my truck was not 4wd.
Old 05-11-2012, 07:12 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Catmando
What's going on in the Bakken now? I almost got a job hauling pipe up there but my truck was not 4wd.
Bakken ?? BUT I thought you were a Obamaloon peakoilist ? They are revising the estimates up now and are at 8 billion barrels and rising , Too put this in context The East Texas Oil field produced 5.2 billion Barrels .
Old 05-11-2012, 07:13 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Catmando
back in the marcellus in PA, which unfortunity is slowing way down due to NG prices being so low. plus there's the fact that the us isn't building anything, power plants, infistructure, brigdes, roads, anything. so theres no real use for the gas. ND is still busy since they get oil instead of NG from frac-ing.

steve, i'm all for drilling since it creates jobs, just like operating a refinery, they createjobs and increase production but why then is it that theres no new refinierys since for more than 30 yrs. one of my many issues is the states are screwing themselves for a nickles. hence, texas and LA make it easier to operate refineries down there vs the northeast. i could go into all the BS with why that is but i've talked to people who actually work in these places and it all has to do with cutting corners or costs which ever term you perfer.

and even with the pipeline the chinese still get the oil. its just that some company in TX with get a piece of the pie for loading onto chinese tankers.

then theres the whole issue of where the tankers are built and so on. just like the drill rigs, guess who builds them ?
Old 05-11-2012, 07:39 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

back in the marcellus in PA, which unfortunity is slowing way down due to NG prices being so low. plus there's the fact that the us isn't building anything, power plants, infistructure, brigdes, roads, anything. so theres no real use for the gas. ND is still busy since they get oil instead of NG from frac-ing.

steve, i'm all for drilling since it creates jobs, just like operating a refinery, they createjobs and increase production but why then is it that theres no new refinierys since for more than 30 yrs. one of my many issues is the states are screwing themselves for a nickles. hence, texas and LA make it easier to operate refineries down there vs the northeast. i could go into all the BS with why that is but i've talked to people who actually work in these places and it all has to do with cutting corners or costs which ever term you perfer.

and even with the pipeline the chinese still get the oil. its just that some company in TX with get a piece of the pie for loading onto chinese tankers.

then theres the whole issue of where the tankers are built and so on. just like the drill rigs, guess who builds them ?
WE have the highest corporate taxes in the world , along with rules and regulations that make our country VERY business unfriendly , Who in their right mind would start a business here , We have 65% of the earths Lawyers and 4.6 % of the population . The XL pipeline would have meant Jobs !! Building it and refining to finished product .
Old 05-11-2012, 07:58 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Then this !!

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/gao-...d-s-proven-oil

+
Old 05-11-2012, 09:42 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Steve 1
WE have the highest corporate taxes in the world , along with rules and regulations that make our country VERY business unfriendly , Who in their right mind would start a business here , We have 65% of the earths Lawyers and 4.6 % of the population . The XL pipeline would have meant Jobs !! Building it and refining to finished product .
come on really steve.................

the only people paying the "list price" on taxes are employees. the feds along with state and local take their share up front before i even cash my paycheck

i paid less when i owned my own business and i could only afford 1 accountant.

so just imagine what big corporations who can piss away money hiring entire accounting firms, lawyers and millions in lobbyist to exploit the plethora of loop holes. give me a break. if things are so much better let them leave and tax the crap out of all the money their hiding offshore.

as for rules and regulation, the worst thing for small business are the local and state laws and regulation, so how come Rubio and Scott here in FL haven't made things better. hint = they don't give a sh#t about you unless your worth m$$$$$$'s.

the pipeline oil was to be shipped offshore to be refinied as too be more profitable, hence a few thousand jobs for a year. but the taxpayers would have to foot the bill and take on the all the liability. if your all for jobs how about Scott taking the money for rail.

as for lawyers, well their the ones finding all the loop holes so until all laws are written in plain english (in layman's terms) and streamlined with common sense that will only continual to rise.
i would like to hear your ideas on how to deal with that problem. stricter white collar laws that can be understood by all such as in banking and add in some public hangings, uhmmmmm
Old 05-11-2012, 10:23 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Nothing can be done until the elitists are voted out , and real conservatives are in power .“It has become more important, to our current government representatives, that funding our enemies and to promote our demise , than to preserve, protect, and defend our Constitution and our nation.”

VOTING BOOTH !! Start by removing this hate crime that was foisted upon us

The pipeline would supply Oil for finished goods , weather exported or not , upwards of 200,000 jobs would be created from what I gather .

=

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.