Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Card Stop 1, Controversy Desert Storm >

Card Stop 1, Controversy Desert Storm

Notices

Card Stop 1, Controversy Desert Storm

Old 05-16-2012, 11:38 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Saying it is a race does not make it a race. However anytime you have cameras and sponsorship it will be a debate. If something did happen there would be some form of repercussions. There are hundreds of unofficial "races" on that lake every week, that are just accidents when something happens. The sad part is everything good about that weekend is not getting the attention.
Old 05-16-2012, 11:41 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by boatme
Are you kidding me ? It only takes one time. We had many years of an accident free events as well . It only takes once and the ambulance chasers descend upon you

Tell “No bid Deal” to the slime bag attorneys when a lawsuit happens
In our original depositions after the death of two men at our event (Smoke On The Water Poker Run) The attorneys for the insurance companies spent a lot of time trying to prove our event was a race, not a rally. If they could find a way to prove that, then they would claim they were not liable and as such not responsible for any monetary coverage.
Fortunately we went far out of our way to emphasize “this is not a race” If any individual mentioned it as a race, we cut it out of all our videos if we found any references . It is just plain stupid to provide even one piece of -on line- info calling it a race.
When (not if) another tragedy happens in a poker run, this little piece of video will pop up in the lawsuit that is SURE to follow. I suggest you edit out any reference to racing, as poker runs are rally’s not races. Private grudge matches should be just that PRIVATE

Please edit your video and remove any reference to RACING. You would think lessons would be learned. People use to bust me about my *****ing about this, but I have FIRST HAND KNOWLEDGE on this and I am here to tell you IT IS NOT A RACE so stop promoting it as such with this type of irresponsible editing. It would take nothing to edit out those comments . Trust me it will be used against the sport in the future. Please edit yoru video. And to everyone running in a poker run remember it is a Rally not a Race. You want to race there are organizations in which to do that. (you still might be sued but at least you are in an event designed for racing) You can't stop people to making referances that are wrong, but you sure can edit it out of a video so as not to promote it as anything but a rally
Very well put.
Old 05-16-2012, 11:44 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 144 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by JD Dearden
The sad part is everything good about that weekend is not getting the attention.
Doin' what I can...

NAPLES IMAGE Photo Galleries

NAPLES IMAGE PHOTOBLOG
Old 05-16-2012, 11:48 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 84 Likes on 31 Posts

Now Jay, that is what it is all about!

Old 05-16-2012, 11:50 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 68 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Jpzaluski
Is the guy that filmed this the same guy that filmed double rainbow?
Old 05-16-2012, 12:27 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by low_psi

As far as requesting Dave edit his video to remove terms like "race" to make is just STUPID! I am so tired of people expecting everyone around them to cater to them. If you don't like the video and the references made don't watch it!
Get your head out of the sand

I promoted a poker run in which two people passed away
the crap the lawyers drug up off of OSO, and other sites as well as from you tube, was unfrickinbelievable and it only helps to hurt the sport

Why not edit the video and get rid of any concern. If you are trully a fan of offshore boating and offshore events you would not want to further decay the perceptions out there
Old 05-16-2012, 12:29 PM
Registered

I am so tired of people expecting everyone around them to cater to them. If you don't like the video and the references made don't watch it!
And I am tired of some one offering an uninformed opinion on somthing without looking at how it can hurt the sport not help it
Old 05-16-2012, 12:30 PM
Registered

By the way I like river daves stuff i just think that part of the interview could be edited and make life easier for promotors
Old 05-16-2012, 12:36 PM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts

Why is it every thread on this forum has to take a 90 degree turn in another direction because a few just want to complain?
Because of the lawyers...period. Blame our litigious society and those who exploit it. We're being legislated out of existence with speed limits, noise laws, and they've started to kill poker runs as in post #22. Why give them ammo? I actually was denied docking at some marinas because of those who came before me and thought it was hilarious to rev their engines. If you look around things aren't the same as there were just 10 years ago, if you can't realize this then you need to open your eyes.

Why give these pricks any more ammo??
Old 05-16-2012, 01:06 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree it's the first to get the card.

This whole thing just shows how strong Mercury is these days. For the DCB to push that hard for that long just shows how's strong the Merc motors are. It seems if you have. It power that last you will get there first regardless of what brand Cat you are in.

MP

Last edited by Cat & Mice; 05-16-2012 at 02:17 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.