Taking a road trip from nc through miami to the keys >

Taking a road trip from nc through miami to the keys

Notices

Taking a road trip from nc through miami to the keys

Old 05-15-2012, 08:34 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Taking a road trip from nc through miami to the keys

My brother and I are going to take a road trip next week from wilmington nc through Miami and ending in the keys. It will be our first time heading south of orlando.

Can anybody recommend some must see spots/must do activities in the miami area or the keys?
Or some good places to stay that aren't too expensive in miami, key largo, or key west?
We won't be bringing my boat with us, so we might get the urge to rent one. Any recommendations on where to check out?

Also, if anybody feels like giving us a ride for beer/food/gas money that would be cool too.

This is a very last minute idea for us so that's why i'm looking for some advice ideas.
Old 05-15-2012, 08:47 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No Name Pub on Deer Key is a must but watch for the tiny sitka deer... They think they are a dog and they just walk out in front of you! I think if you hit one they shoot you on site or maybe hang you from the nearest tree!!

Stayed at the Hilton on Key Largo and it is pretty nice and the Karaoke at some little bar right down the road is a hoot because there is a dirt floor and probably not 15 teeth in the whole joint.

Just about anywhere in Key West is not too bad and especially the Hyatt. Make sure you go out on the weekend to the plaza and check out all the street acts and catch a sunset.