How to f*&k with a Craigslist scamer? >

How to f*&k with a Craigslist scamer?

Notices

How to f*&k with a Craigslist scamer?

Old 05-28-2012, 09:28 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

I get them with everything I sell . So now when they contact me I send them this back . : Congratulations you are the first to contact me about buying my boat . In order for me to secure you as the buyer and take it off the market I need you to send me a $1000 cash deposit . Please enclose a name and number and I'll contact you when I receive it . Thanks
The funny thing is they never contact me back . They must loose interest or find another boat for a better deal lol ! I'm gonna $hit if an envelope shows up in my deposit box on day with a $1000 cash in it . I guess as long as they come in person with the balance in cash they bought a boat .
Old 05-28-2012, 09:54 AM
Registered

Received 86 Likes on 39 Posts

I wish there was a virus that we could send them to take there computer out of commission for a few days.
Old 05-28-2012, 10:04 AM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 874 Likes on 323 Posts

Originally Posted by Precision
I wish there was a virus that we could send them to take there computer out of commission for a few days.
That would be cool.
Old 05-28-2012, 09:43 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 99 Likes on 53 Posts

+1 excellent reminder Mathew
Originally Posted by matthewr
Always remember when logging into Paypal, You type www.paypal.com it automatically adds the HTTPS://www.paypal.com. Notice the "S", Means secure. Always pay attention to that on any website where you are completing transactions.
Old 05-29-2012, 05:37 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

it doesn't matter what you say to them. and it doesn't matter what you put in ad about cash only, etc. i even had them send me the same thing along with stuff about cert check-blahblahblah when the ad for the boat said FREE!!! just delete the email and move on. one possible way...use your phone number and not the email link.
Old 05-29-2012, 11:08 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did you get a phone #? If not, try to get a phone # from them and then drunk dial them for the next couple of months. That's what I did.
Old 05-29-2012, 12:25 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

My brother was selling his Jeep and got one of the "I have money from customer but the check is for $4000 more than asking price...". For the hell of it he played along. The guy sent a cashier's check(obviously fake) with a return address in the states, but the FedEx package had a stamp from Latvia. LOL

We played along with him sending him happy emails like, "Hey great news I got your check, i will send you the $4000 I owe you soon", etc, etc.

We went on and on and finally told him that we decided just to keep his money. He called all kinds of pizzed off and of course could barely speak English.
Old 05-29-2012, 12:41 PM
Registered

Received 298 Likes on 179 Posts

I'd advise against screwing with them. I've seen people get hit with viruses after they messed with scammers.
Old 06-01-2012, 10:04 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As promised:

"Re: 2004 Lavey Craft Nuera Mid-Cabin - $54000 (Lake Dallas, TX"

We are located close to each other so why not link up for cocktails soon? I do realize this is for sales but I could not reject the urge, you seem interesting. Could we chat at this moment, I have used this site previously and it's really good - I was hoping we could meet up there and learn about each other much better! I have already downloaded personal pics for you, all you have to do is join (don't get worried, there's no cost). I will message you as soon as I see you log on. I promise you will NOT be dissatisfied!

www materialdu .net"