Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Where do you put trash (beer cans) on boat? >

Where do you put trash (beer cans) on boat?

Notices

Where do you put trash (beer cans) on boat?

Old 06-15-2012, 06:56 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=tnc110;3710234]That doesnt work too well when you have one cooler as a staging area for the 5 cases of beer in the cabin.....

5 cases?
How many people do you have on that 25zx?

By the way they go back in the cooler.
Old 06-15-2012, 07:14 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

someone on here mentioned trailer park people cuz of cans. beer doesn't taste much diff in cans than bottles. cans crush smaller. you don't cut your feet on broken cans. and there is the inevitable can occasionally fails the float test. mother nature can get rid of the can in time. the bottle? there forever. unfortunately it is difficult to find Grolsch in a can...Becks, Tecate, Heineken, Modelo, Corona. there are a bunch of non-trailer trash beers avail in cans.
Old 06-15-2012, 11:11 PM
Registered

Default Trash Sack

I use one of these. Stays on at over 100 with the suction cups but you can also mount over rails.
http://www.trashsack.com/
Old 06-16-2012, 02:29 AM
Registered

I agree with the deep, pisses me off when i see lazy jackasses sinking their bottles & cans. It doesn't take much effort to bag & toss
Old 06-16-2012, 06:11 AM
Registered

Received 607 Likes on 275 Posts

I was kidding about sinking them. I've sunk a few in my life but they are worth 10 cents here so they go in the floor storage locker. Are there really that many on the bottom? I try to take cans for reason stated, I took a nasty jump off a giant wake once and ended up with a cooler full of broken glass. Also on Muscamoot Bay and other local gathering spots there are a lot of people wading barefoot. Broken glass there could hurt someone bad. So to answer the question, drinking is kept limited on my boat and the empties go in a floor storage bin til we get home. Also in Michigan we don't have to hide them; It is legal to drink on the boat even when driving if you aren't drunk.
Old 06-16-2012, 01:40 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by dereknkathy
someone on here mentioned trailer park people cuz of cans. beer doesn't taste much diff in cans than bottles. cans crush smaller. you don't cut your feet on broken cans. and there is the inevitable can occasionally fails the float test. mother nature can get rid of the can in time. the bottle? there forever. unfortunately it is difficult to find Grolsch in a can...Becks, Tecate, Heineken, Modelo, Corona. there are a bunch of non-trailer trash beers avail in cans.
Call me red...but i ptefer can beer...more crisp. Also more lake/water friendly....id like to meet the fuk thay broke the beer bottle on the beach i cut my foot on....

If u r too snooty to drink can beer then go away and find some prissy douche bags to hang out with...
Old 06-16-2012, 02:35 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

we use a trash bag and then they go in the head before we head home.
Old 06-16-2012, 09:54 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by thirdchildhood
I was kidding about sinking them. I've sunk a few in my life but they are worth 10 cents here so they go in the floor storage locker. Are there really that many on the bottom? I try to take cans for reason stated, I took a nasty jump off a giant wake once and ended up with a cooler full of broken glass. Also on Muscamoot Bay and other local gathering spots there are a lot of people wading barefoot. Broken glass there could hurt someone bad. So to answer the question, drinking is kept limited on my boat and the empties go in a floor storage bin til we get home. Also in Michigan we don't have to hide them; It is legal to drink on the boat even when driving if you aren't drunk.
I was out at Gull Island today, my 3 year old was playing on the island and I found about 20 to 25 pieces of glass bigger then 2in in size. For the life of me I don't know why people bring out glass.
Old 06-16-2012, 10:05 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by rfgonzo
I was out at Gull Island today, my 3 year old was playing on the island and I found about 20 to 25 pieces of glass bigger then 2in in size. For the life of me I don't know why people bring out glass.
+1

I make it a point at the dock. NO GLASS
Old 06-17-2012, 01:23 AM
Registered
VIP Member

Originally Posted by tnc110
I usually just use a plastic grocery store T shirt bag tied to the bow step and crush the cans. But when there is 6-7 people on board this doesn't cut it. I HATE clutter!!! Just curious as to how others handle trash. This weekend I am taking a plastic kitchen trash can and going to put it in the engine bay some how....hoping to screw it to the firewall. Even considering putting a can crusher on the fire wall as well....
I usually just buy a bigger boat. it's worked so far. LOL

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.