Notices

My Way Mishap?

Old 06-27-2012, 05:29 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Its pretty cool that some of the big dogs post on here, I've really enjoyed reading this thread.
Old 06-28-2012, 12:38 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by AB From Windsor
I also would like to see that video along with everybody else on here.
Here ya go. This is preliminary......gonna try to get better stuff soon. Two time spin.....three? Not sure. Lucky fackers in MyWay for sure!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Attached Files
File Type: wmv
MyWayMishap-003.wmv (9.90 MB, 615 views)
Old 06-28-2012, 01:26 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by paintman
Oh yea it happened as reported, spoke to a guy who is best buds with Bill T,son (Ron T) they were touching close to 200 and a pleasure boat pulled in front, they were cutting wide to go around & hooked- the 3 times around is also correct- if u can picture the old movie top gun when they got into a flat spin-apparently same sort of deal and then she semi stuffed.

And yep no injuries and my way is getting the once over but appears ok

As far as pullin those kinda speeds on that water - I dunno- all I no is I'm saving my sheckles for a mystic. Granted I will be 253yrs old......
I'm really surprised they didn't break everything on the transom. Glad to hear everyone's ok.
Old 06-28-2012, 01:30 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by PhantomChaos
Here ya go. This is preliminary......gonna try to get better stuff soon. Two time spin.....three? Not sure. Lucky fackers in MyWay for sure!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Looks like two spins. Did Aquamania turn around and assist?
Old 06-28-2012, 02:12 AM
Registered

Well they certainly spun, hard to tell how many times, at least twice from what i can see.

They were certainly going fast. 190mph fast?? who knows.

Lucky guys right there.
Old 06-28-2012, 02:21 AM
Registered
VIP Member

well the speed is a factor but at least now there is actual video of what happened..
Old 06-28-2012, 06:27 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by MissGeicoRacing
then again that bright yellow boat in front of you could throw off anyones counting lol
Ya but what you left out is that you were a lap down...
Old 06-28-2012, 06:40 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Wow! Can't believe it didn't bite and go over. They're lucky for sure.
Old 06-28-2012, 06:55 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I was envisioning a near miss and cranking the wheel too hard to avoid a collision, which caused the spin. In the video it looks like they spun way after going around that boat.

It is hard to judge the speed in the video (or even the side to side distance of the boats). I'd be surprised if that was 190 mph, but one thing is for sure... That glass-like water is what kept this as nothing more than a sunny side up spin. Had the water been much rougher the boat would have caught and flipped/rolled violently.

Glad to see everyone is okay, that could have been a really bad scene! Hopefully it was a learning experience too.
Old 06-28-2012, 07:10 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Thank's for posting the video and thanks to the person who took the video. To me it looked like they only spun once but if it is two or three times it really doesn't matter. It is hard to judge the speed but he was going at a good clip. What really surprised me about the spin is that the water was calm. Was there a mechanical problem with the trim of the boat or the rudder? Anyways I'm glad that everyone was OK.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.