Advertising on OSO STUPID POP UPS!!!

Notices

Advertising on OSO STUPID POP UPS!!!

Old 06-20-2012, 07:19 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

Originally Posted by thirdchildhood
Just click them off right away. That's how these sites make money. What I don't get is that it's been proven that most Facebook users find ads to be nothing but annoying. So why should it be any different of forums like this one? The ads are just an annoyance and I'm not going to buy something because an ad pops up.
It's for revenue increasing, don't you seem to find it a bit ironic that the people that have the word "registered" under their name seem to complain about pop ups on a free to them site?

jus sayin
Old 06-20-2012, 07:53 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

i have a free membership also and I never get pop ups, I use firefox for a browser.
Old 06-20-2012, 08:10 AM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

I don't like that some of the ads you're forced to click on it even when you're not intending on it..

I believe it's the Teague ad. If I'm on the home page while the Teague ad (1 or 2 others as well) is displaying on the top margin and I click search from the toolbar, then click "advanced search" it will open up the Teague website. the only way I can stop if from happening is if I refresh the page so the Teague ad dissapears. I'm using google chrome, it's very anoying!

I'm not gonna turn something on/off in my settings or install something or run a different brower to fix the problem just for OSO sake, they should fix this on their own. Paying member for many many years.

Last edited by Panther; 06-20-2012 at 08:13 AM.
Old 06-20-2012, 11:50 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by low_psi
I know this has been discussed previously and it seemd to go away. But today I got ads on OSO that covered 75% of the screen for "Blue Bunny Ice Cream" "Eye Drops" , and " a Crock Pot". Seriously WTF guys? This is really stupid. I don't mind the irrelivant ads at the top, but to have to deal with them covering up 75% of my screen. NOT COOL!!! Am I on a high performance website or wal-mart's website?
They are relevant ads based on your recent browsing. See the attached photos below. Some of the ad locations have a link where YOU can control what is going on with your PC.

See Link

Click Link

Review Options or Opt Out

As far as what your are getting pushed.......I can't really comment on that.
Attached Thumbnails Advertising on OSO STUPID POP UPS!!!-choice.jpg   Advertising on OSO STUPID POP UPS!!!-screen.jpg   Advertising on OSO STUPID POP UPS!!!-optout.jpg  

Old 06-20-2012, 01:28 PM
Registered

Received 83 Likes on 37 Posts

I use Firefox and have the Ghostery add on and I have no ads.
Old 06-20-2012, 01:54 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by offshoredrillin
It's for revenue increasing, don't you seem to find it a bit ironic that the people that have the word "registered" under their name seem to complain about pop ups on a free to them site?

jus sayin
Not complaining about advertising. I'm complaining about advertising for ice cream on an off shore boating site. if it was slightly relevant i would be fine with it.
Old 06-20-2012, 01:54 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by offshoredrillin

jus sayin
Not complaining about advertising. I'm complaining about advertising for ice cream on an off shore boating site. if it was slightly relevant i would be fine with it.
Old 06-20-2012, 04:22 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I use google chrome when I'm on a PC. This is freaking bullchit! We pay good money for a membership and we have to deal with this???
Old 06-20-2012, 05:29 PM
Fast Singles Club
Gold Member

Received 387 Likes on 156 Posts
Thumbs down

I guess someone is trying to send me a message because i see an overflowing toilet pretty often ........I'm starting to think i'm full of chit !!

Last edited by the deep; 06-20-2012 at 05:33 PM.
Old 06-20-2012, 05:38 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No pop ups on my EVO and I am only a registered member. I would like to be a paying member and post pics but this site won't accept my bank info for pmt and I have no plastic money...

That last sentence was for OLDSCHOOL cause cause he busts my chops for not paying. LOL

Last edited by POWERPLAY J; 06-20-2012 at 05:41 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.