Notices

Stolen trailer

Old 07-01-2012, 01:48 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 179 Likes on 66 Posts

What really perplexes me is what would have been required to steal it. If it was indeed hooked to your truck, somebody would have had to unhook it, drag it backwards, then hook it to something else - in a hurry. One would think somebody would have seen - and reported - something like that.

I hope you find the low lifes.
Old 07-01-2012, 01:53 PM
Registered
Gold Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by f311fr1
Check the junk yards. It might have been stolen for scrap.

I'm pretty sure the rash of stolen trailers is to scrap them out. Easy to steal and easy to scrap, and prices are good right now.

A friend had a 24ft enclosed trailer stolen. He thinks scrap guys took it ( a scrap truck was spotted in the neighborhood earlier that day) for the aluminum siding and steel in the frame, but they got a bonus, his brand new $50k sand rail was in side. Most likely the buggy got scraped too.

I always have a pad lock on my trailer, locking receiver pin and if really paranoid I have a big cable lock to put through the trailer wheels.

Not 100% safe, but if the guy parked next to me has nothing in the way of locks, they'll probably take his stuff.

Thieves suck big time.
Old 07-01-2012, 06:23 PM
Registered

Received 28 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by myattitude
Bro I just saw your post, that really freakn sucks. Wtf? Why r some people such arseholes? Any leads yet?
No leads and I am not holding my breathe on that one.
Old 07-01-2012, 06:29 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Too Stroked
What really perplexes me is what would have been required to steal it. If it was indeed hooked to your truck, somebody would have had to unhook it, drag it backwards, then hook it to something else - in a hurry. One would think somebody would have seen - and reported - something like that.

I hope you find the low lifes.
My wife parkedd the truck and trailer where she always does just up ahead of the ramp to the right in the grass.
They drilled 2 holes through the lock to destroy the tmblers and get it free. Then they dropped the jack leg and did indeed drag it backards for approx 30' and back on to the asphalt, hooked it to their truck and booked.

I have pictures on my phone and the cop that came out and filed the police report was shocked as well since he said the same thing in that someone knew exactley what they were doing.

What was left of the lock and pin were on the ground along with the pile of metal shavings from drilling it out.
Old 07-29-2012, 06:54 PM
Registered

Well, we got the new trailer from All American and had some issues but they stepped up to the plate and took care of it so it is good to go and turned out nice. The best part of this saga is that I caught the f@#$ing crook that stole our old eagle trailer 5 weeks ago today! It took a big set of stones to steal it in the middle of the day but it takes an even bigger set to do a half as red paint job and show back up in the area less than a quarter mile from where it was stolen! Saw it today with a 28' Donzi ZX and a pimped out red escalade pulling it. Jumped out and snapped a pic of the guys truck license plate and verifed it was mine by the distinct marks and issues I had with it and confronted the thief! Needless to say he took off like a bat out of hell and ran but my wife was already on the phone with Hall county sheriff giving the description and plate #. They didnt get this idiot yet but they have his address and They are coming for this guy! He obviously falied how to be a good thief 101! LOL!
Old 07-29-2012, 07:15 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Congrats!
Old 07-29-2012, 07:33 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

It sounds like the guy with big stones will be getting them crushed pretty soon. I guess the bright side is you already have a new trailer.
Old 07-29-2012, 07:42 PM
Registered

Received 123 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by inthetundra
It sounds like the guy with big stones will be getting them crushed pretty soon. I guess the bright side is you already have a new trailer.
Pound 'um flat with a mallet!!
Old 07-29-2012, 08:14 PM
Registered

Cant wait to see what happens next with al this and this dimbass! Even if the police cant find him in the next few days, they will and if not, I found him once, I will find him again and make sure he gets nailed! Definatley a great contender for worlds dumbest criminals!
Old 07-29-2012, 08:45 PM
Registered

Nice glad to hear that it sounds like a thief is on thier way to getting whats coming to them!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.