Miss GEICO Burns Up in Sarasota, Crew OK >

Miss GEICO Burns Up in Sarasota, Crew OK

Notices

Miss GEICO Burns Up in Sarasota, Crew OK

Old 07-18-2012, 07:41 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default GEICO covering cats

Be realistic. Do you think any NASCAR insurance sponsors would cover personally-owned race cars driving for high speed pleasure? Is that false advertising? Do the paint sponsors require everyone to paint their cars with wall paint? C'mon man.

GEICO wants their name out there. Free markets and capitalism are littered with hypocrisy. That's life.
Old 07-18-2012, 07:42 AM
Registered

While GEICO didn't insure the boat, they might decide to put more money in to get the replacement on the track. If so, they weren't contractually-bound based on insurance, but they did based on commitment to the team. (This is hypothetical)
Old 07-18-2012, 09:28 AM
Registered

Geico DOES sponsor Nascar, but I bet they don't insure them!!!!!!!

http://www.geicogarage.com/page_nascar.htm
Old 07-18-2012, 03:30 PM
Registered

Received 916 Likes on 304 Posts

Originally Posted by LaughingCat
Be realistic. Do you think any NASCAR insurance sponsors would cover personally-owned race cars driving for high speed pleasure? Is that false advertising? Do the paint sponsors require everyone to paint their cars with wall paint? C'mon man.

GEICO wants their name out there. Free markets and capitalism are littered with hypocrisy. That's life.
You guys take stuff way to seriously.....

Where is the STOCK in stock car racing these days? In the past the sponsors would have given everyone wall paint to cover the rust holes on their beat up cars. It's way to commercialized now, but off shore still has plenty of owner operator teams who haven't sold out.. I prefer to support the guys with one boat and a bad attitude over the black Mastercard unlimited budgets. Where would you place team gecko?

The whole false advertising line was a joke. Of course Geico can put their name on anything they can afford, and now we'll see what that is. Just as Red Bull does about anything cool. I'd love to see them drop in and wax some ass in this sport next.

But when a 2 million dollar Red Bull F1 car burns up, it's not the end of the sport, team, or racing as we know it. They just drop a check off, build another car, back on the track next week. So I'm betting the beloved Miss Geico will be back in action soon. If they can afford it. LOL... If not, let someone else step up and build a 300mph race boat.

This sport was founded by some very cocky guys who build bad A$$ toys for a living. In return you buy the "street version" of those toys, the sport continues to advance, just like F1. If sticking a lizard on a 200mph boat gets you to buy some crap, I can find humor in that too. Worship of said lizard, I do find a bit strange.

Just Google "Geico Sucks". About 421,000 results pop up. Soon to be 421,001 and I hope this makes the top 10 list. Ironic~~

Thanks for the support...

-K
Old 07-18-2012, 04:56 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by kidturbo
But when a 2 million dollar Red Bull F1 car burns up, it's not the end of the sport, team, or racing as we know it. They just drop a check off, build another car, back on the track next week. So I'm betting the beloved Miss Geico will be back in action soon. If they can afford it. LOL... If not, let someone else step up and build a 300mph race boat.

This is whaere you are way wrong. The sponsor does NOT buy the new car. The race team does. F1 race teams have huge FACTORY Support. And the race teams MAKE money with race purses, associate sponsors, etc. In Offshore racing as was previously stated (by you, i believe) is a primarily privater sport where there isn't a big purse to pay for operating costs. So to comapar an F1 team to the Miss Geico team is a terrible comparrison, at best. The melt down of the Geico boat hit the team hard. They don't have 12 boats in the shop (3 for each style race course) like an F1 or Nascar team does. To say we take this too serious??? I don't think you would like it if you came on here and told us your boat burned. Would you like it if people cracked joke and found irony in the fact your boat burned because you didn't buy their boat? Of course you would't. So no one on here other than youself found it funny or ironic that the Miss Gieco team had a total loss fire.....

Last edited by low_psi; 07-18-2012 at 05:01 PM.
Old 07-18-2012, 05:37 PM
Registered

Received 735 Likes on 330 Posts

You guys take stuff way to seriously.....

Where is the STOCK in stock car racing these days? In the past the sponsors would have given everyone wall paint to cover the rust holes on their beat up cars. It's way to commercialized now, but off shore still has plenty of owner operator teams who haven't sold out.. I prefer to support the guys with one boat and a bad attitude over the black Mastercard unlimited budgets. Where would you place team gecko?

The whole false advertising line was a joke. Of course Geico can put their name on anything they can afford, and now we'll see what that is. Just as Red Bull does about anything cool. I'd love to see them drop in and wax some ass in this sport next.

This sport was founded by some very cocky guys who build bad A$$ toys for a living. In return you buy the "street version" of those toys, the sport continues to advance, just like F1. If sticking a lizard on a 200mph boat gets you to buy some crap, I can find humor in that too. Worship of said lizard, I do find a bit strange.

Just Google "Geico Sucks". About 421,000 results pop up. Soon to be 421,001 and I hope this makes the top 10 list. Ironic~~

Thanks for the support...

-K
Do you understand Miss Geico is a mobile billboard nothing more ?
Old 07-18-2012, 06:07 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Team Geico Racing has lots of friends on this sight. They're a great group. We will stand behind them. Artie
Old 07-18-2012, 06:22 PM
Registered

Received 916 Likes on 304 Posts

Originally Posted by Interceptor
Do you understand Miss Geico is a mobile billboard nothing more ?
Yes I do, and a very expensive one at that.

So I'd tell my sponsor to step up or move over cause that advertising space is not cheap....

Once again, I have no issue with the team, only a sponsor who parades a big billboard around advertising in a market they do not wish to support. If you were gonna put a huge billboard on the water, who would be your target audience? Truck Drivers?

Unlike other sports this one gets very little TV coverage. Think about it...

-K
Old 07-18-2012, 08:55 PM
Banned

So I'd tell my sponsor to step up or move over cause that advertising space is not cheap....

Once again, I have no issue with the team, only a sponsor who parades a big billboard around advertising in a market they do not wish to support. If you were gonna put a huge billboard on the water, who would be your target audience? Truck Drivers?

-K
Call the CEO of GEICO and ask him why he advertises on a 200mph boat. I'm sure we'd all like to hear it...
Old 07-18-2012, 09:28 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

-K
What the Hell are you talking about ?? Everyone there has Trucks and Automobiles or Bikes , I have GEICO Insurance on my Dually because of that Teams Way Cool Boat !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.