Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
New Miss GEICO will race St. Clair >

New Miss GEICO will race St. Clair

Notices

New Miss GEICO will race St. Clair

Old 07-10-2012, 12:37 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Was it a a matter of Geico not affording JBS's equipment (which I seriously doubt) or a matter of their not wanting to pay his asking price?
Old 07-10-2012, 01:03 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by littledcsrodshop
Wow, it seems as if it's a bit tough to keep a thread headed in the right direction these days...

I certainly am not the most "in the know" as far as any specific race teams, their opperations, ect..ect.. However of all the races I've been to that the Geico team was ever there over the past I can't tell you how many people I've seen them help out, feed, or even sponsor in some sort of way or manner, ect..ect..

I wish Marc, Scotty & All the countless others who have helped them, and they have helped along the way nothing but the best.. I have a great deal of respect for what they have done in the past, and continue to do !!!
+1 Great team.
Old 07-10-2012, 01:39 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This thread made me do some research. Can't quite put my finger on "why" I decided to look this up.

douchebag:
An individual who has an over-inflated sense of self worth, compounded by a low level of intelligence, behaving ridiculously in front of colleagues with no sense of how moronic he appears.
That's from the urban dictionary, which can be a little outside of normal academic standards.

Here's from an online dictionary:

douche bag
noun
a small syringe having detachable nozzles for fluid injections, used chiefly for vaginal lavage and for enemas.

Also called douche . Slang: Vulgar . a contemptible or despicable person.

From Wikipedia:
Slang uses

Douche bag, or simply douche, is considered to be a pejorative term. The slang usage of the term originated in the 1960s.[5] The term usually refers to a person, usually male, with a variety of negative qualities, specifically arrogance and engaging in obnoxious and/or irritating actions, most often without malicious intent.
Sorry for the hi-jack. But if Marc or Scottie really called asking to buy the JBS boat and he then came on this thread saying these things, we seem to have a colossal douchebag in our midst.

Enjoy your 50' coffee table.
Old 07-10-2012, 02:52 PM
Chevy-Harley fan
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by JBS
even though there is nothing I like about Marc or scott or anyone on that team-I still tried to help them out .its not my fault that they have a budget now and their investors are scared of turbines now.i think it's a cop-out. Any kind of boat can catch on fire.
Wow you really have a funny way of making friends and sponsors.
Old 07-10-2012, 02:57 PM
Chevy-Harley fan
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by littledcsrodshop
wow, it seems as if it's a bit tough to keep a thread headed in the right direction these days...

I certainly am not the most "in the know" as far as any specific race teams, their opperations, ect..ect.. However of all the races i've been to that the geico team was ever there over the past i can't tell you how many people i've seen them help out, feed, or even sponsor in some sort of way or manner, ect..ect..

I wish marc, scotty & all the countless others who have helped them, and they have helped along the way nothing but the best.. I have a great deal of respect for what they have done in the past, and continue to do !!!
+2
Old 07-10-2012, 03:53 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Originally Posted by LaughingCat
...50' coffee table.
One of the funniest things I've ever read on here.
Old 07-10-2012, 04:07 PM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
One of the funniest things I've ever read on here.
+100 funny chit
Old 07-10-2012, 04:34 PM
JBS
Registered

Default The short bus

You guys are hysterical-IDE love to meet some of you to see if you have to wear helmets on the short bus.

Last edited by Cash Bar; 07-10-2012 at 09:21 PM.
Old 07-10-2012, 04:45 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 24 Likes on 5 Posts

JBS.....Marc was simply telling you in the most polite way "hahahahahahahahaha" ! Douchebag !
Old 07-10-2012, 05:06 PM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 6 Posts

JBS- that's called professionalism, take notes and maybe you can keep sponsors in the future.

I'm sure if you made a deal even close to fair market value they would have came through. From your additude I would have to guess you think it is worth more than it cost because you own it....I know the type.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.