First Checkmate 26 Convincor Completed >

First Checkmate 26 Convincor Completed

Notices

First Checkmate 26 Convincor Completed

Old 07-16-2012, 07:59 AM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by bms26
I like the exterior, but I'm not sure about the area in front of passenger seat. It looks unfinished.
kinda sucks that the cabin door has to be closed to access the stereo.
Old 07-16-2012, 08:17 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I appreciate and respect you point of view....and always will.

I had a pair of Bravo transom assemblies with rams and pumps shipped to me a few months ago and I remember the shipping weight was right at 100#'s. the drives are just a bit over 100 ea.

The beautiful part of the LSA package as prepared by Mast Marine is that you get a complete marine dressed engine that makes 600 horsepower for under 600#s...per their web site.

"600HP / Under 600 Lbs.

ALL ALUMINUM GM 6.8L LS BASED MARINE ENGINE:

High Strength Light Weight Engine Assembly
Base Block GM LS3 Aluminum Architecture
350lbs Lighter Than Iron Big Block (Average)"

The GM site has the base engine at 447 #s so I think the under 600# is dressed.

That's a bit better than 1 horsepower per LB !! a 26 Convincer with one of these would run into the 90's!!

Also remember that Checkmate created the possibility of twins with these boats by giving it an 8'-6" beam....very nice.

The LS series of engines are poised to replace the old stand by BBC that we have grown up with over the past 45 years. The Tonawanda, NY engine plant that built these ceased production a few years ago so there won't be any more base engines being built. The LS is the heir apparent in the small to medium sized powerboat arena. The after market guys are drooling at the prospect of all the new goodies they can sell us all.

Realistically...1200 horsepower would be better suited for Checkmates ZT 350. Now that would be a lot of fun.
Old 07-16-2012, 08:34 AM
Registered

Received 1,834 Likes on 717 Posts
Default You're still.....

Originally Posted by sprink58
I had a pair of Bravo transom assemblies with rams and pumps shipped to me a few months ago and I remember the shipping weight was right at 100#'s. the drives are just a bit over 100 ea.
losing me?? 100 lbs each meaning transom assemblies, trim, drives etc combined (per) ?? I would have guess at least twice that.

Your digging does look like 600 lbs is dressed which is very impressive!

Cool thing to me is that it doesn't matter if you're a I/O or O/B guy these days because the technology is so superior to what most of grew up to. The LS based motors your highlighting are at power levels that not long ago meant boosted big blocks!

On the O/B side w/the new direct injected two strokes you can now buy a 300+ HP motor that is 500lb-ish complete (505 for a 300XS), w/a warranty that will give you double the fuel economy of the old days.
Proline is just releasing a mid size, sport cruiser based on multi, new era O/B's.

When I was restoring my Sonic I almost bought a new pair or 300 E-Tecs for it. They had a formula on their website for repowers and I plugged in the #'s from my old Sonic and it came out to (@ $3. per gallon) to enough savings assuming two tanks a month (was doing 4+ in season up north) to make a $500. per mnth payment just on fuel savings!

Pretty cool stuff. Technology is wonderful thing. Dave Bush of O/B drag race fame is working on retrofit kit's for the Opti's and is already @ I think 340ish and would expect more to come.

W/that I'll let this thread go back to be being about the new Checkmate
Old 07-16-2012, 08:57 AM
Registered

Received 283 Likes on 170 Posts

Originally Posted by Twin O/B Sonic
on to something! Rig one of those w/twin 300 XS's and see what you I/O guys think
+1, would like to see all of these size boats have options for OB's with extended cockpit. Might be able to fit a little generator in there too for ac.
Old 07-16-2012, 09:25 AM
Registered

Received 1,834 Likes on 717 Posts
Default Bingo!

Originally Posted by TexomaPowerboater
Might be able to fit a little generator in there too for ac.
Awesome idea. For sure it would work. Heck I could fit one in the back of my boat. Interesting.......
AC and a real coffee pot
Old 07-16-2012, 09:59 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like what I see......Checkmate is starting to look like they want to sell some boats, even in the troubled times in this great US of A!

They've got the right man at the helm to do it too!

Old 07-16-2012, 03:35 PM
Custom Interiors & More

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DENNYB

This new Checkmate is a real 26 foot running surface boat.
Denny,

To me it looks like the running surface on the new 26 is longer than on the 27 Convincer. The 27 has allot of nose that doesn't contribute to the ride in rough water as well.

NOW, I will get slammed by the 27 owners.

XT
Attached Thumbnails First Checkmate 26 Convincor Completed-checkmate26big2.jpg   First Checkmate 26 Convincor Completed-zt_275_side_view.jpg  
Old 07-18-2012, 12:56 PM
Registered

Default True running surface

This a new avenue to give the new boat owner exactly what their purchasing.
The new 26 Checkmate Convincer is a true 26 foot running surface. The added swim platform either in Tubular or Fiberglass makes it a 28 L.O.A. (Length over all).
Its all new from Checkmate and we are promoting just the actual running surface on this new 26 Convincer and calling the boat a 26 available in stern drive or twin outboards.
A single 600 S.C.I will gladly fit in the engine compartment.

The Checkmate 270 is a 25.9 running surface and the added platform makes a 27 foot boat over all.
The two are completely different Checkmate models.

Last edited by DENNYB; 07-18-2012 at 01:00 PM.
Old 07-18-2012, 06:22 PM
Registered

Denny, I like the direction you guys are going...
The New 26 will out perform the old 27 in every way I'm sure!

Keep the new models coming!

Old 07-18-2012, 08:43 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DENNYB
This a new avenue to give the new boat owner exactly what their purchasing.
The new 26 Checkmate Convincer is a true 26 foot running surface. The added swim platform either in Tubular or Fiberglass makes it a 28 L.O.A. (Length over all).
Its all new from Checkmate and we are promoting just the actual running surface on this new 26 Convincer and calling the boat a 26 available in stern drive or twin outboards.
A single 600 S.C.I will gladly fit in the engine compartment.

The Checkmate 270 is a 25.9 running surface and the added platform makes a 27 foot boat over all.
The two are completely different Checkmate models.
I really like that four bolster twin outboard 28. Didn't it run 80+? I'm not an o/b guy but I wouldn't have a problem owning that one.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.