Notices

Nextel????

Old 07-08-2002, 06:26 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have traveled all ove rthe country with mine...the coverage area is a good as any other carrier I have used ......they do seem to be getting overloaded though...my comp/comminication geek friend swears by verizon for total coverage area countrywide...I dunno..the 2 way feature works alright just depends on your needs...
Old 07-08-2002, 07:36 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Chris,

If you don't need it for work, don't bother. Our area, Bergen and Passaic, gets lousey service. I can't think of one town that does not have dead areas. I like it because I can talk to my guys instantly, if we have a signal, and if I alert them they have to answer. Also you don't have to hold it to your ear. It is very frustrating when you have to talk to someone and you can't. Plus the G/F will want one and that is bad news

The boat is going to my truck mechanic on Thurs. I feel much better having him work on it. So we will be on the river this weekend. Will you be around or at the shore?
Old 07-08-2002, 08:20 PM
MIdnightRider

My Mom and Fiance' have Nextel , Bad News Guys, you can run, but you can't hide. Midnight

Old 07-08-2002, 09:06 PM
The Illustrious One
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

In So Cal mine works fine except in the extreme mountain canyon areas....even works in South Beach very well no complaints with it so far and it's getting better as I go.....Sean
Old 07-08-2002, 09:30 PM

Chris, We use Nextel, They are the worst!! You sound like your under water half the time, And you know the add that says Do you Hear Me Now! Thats is definetly Nextel. There are areas they don't work. Nextel says they are putting up more recievers. Ya sure for the last 4 years we heard that and our company still uses 2500 of them! The telephone is not much better, my wifes Verizon is 10 times better.
Old 07-08-2002, 10:24 PM
Charter Member #818
Charter Member

I have had great service with mine and I am in the same area as Midnightrider. I can't explain that. I have the unlimited 2-way, free nationwide long distance and free incoming calls with 400 minutes outgoing each month and insurance against loss or damage. Average bill is about $86. There are some areas in Michigan where it will not work but, in any populated area it seems to work fine. Last winter my wife and I went to a business conference in Charlotte, SC. She has a Verizon phone. Since I have free LD, anytime we got separated in the exhibit area or hotel I would just call her to find out where she was and it connected everytime. The free LD is great if you make frequent out of state calls. It will save you money that way. Also, if you are in business and have customers that need to call you occasionally, the 2-way is a great feature for them if they also have a Nextel as many of my clients do. I would check the coverage map in your area and see if it suits your needs. Otherwise get the brand that gives you the best coverage in the area you travel. I don't think any one service will work everywhere all the time.
Old 07-08-2002, 11:17 PM
packinair

nextell rocks

Old 07-08-2002, 11:49 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Didn't work well for us...couldn't get rid of them fast enough
Old 07-09-2002, 03:58 AM
Registered

Nextel......SUCKS.....everywhere
Old 07-09-2002, 08:53 AM
BTJ88

I'll second what midnight said. I switched to Verizon last year. I can go almost anywhere and still have signal. I do miss the 2-way a little. But, not much because I could never use the F^%$^%$king thing because the system was busy or the user was unavailable or some othe bs reason. This was my main reason for having nextel (because their phone service sucks) so I dropped them like a bad habit. And like midnight said - they couldn't care less about my complaints and departure.

Quick Reply: Nextel????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.