My Way Crew Confirmed to be OK After Crash >

My Way Crew Confirmed to be OK After Crash

Notices

My Way Crew Confirmed to be OK After Crash

Old 08-13-2012, 11:01 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by catastrophe
Wasn't there 4 or 5 other boats at that event that were PLUS 140 mph capable, that passed that same cruiser.
Happened right in front of my house. My way was quite always ahead. A v hull followed though the waves and pounded very hard as well. He slowed down to see if my way was ok. Aquamania was the third boat and he seen both of them bounce and slowed before getting to the waves.
Old 08-13-2012, 11:12 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Bigdaddyracing
Happened right in front of my house. My way was quite always ahead. A v hull followed though the waves and pounded very hard as well. He slowed down to see if my way was ok. Aquamania was the third boat and he seen both of them bounce and slowed before getting to the waves.
so if he was first maybe just maybe the cruiser didn't know what was going on, maybe after the second or third he figured it out and backed down, actually does anyone know if he stopped to make sure everyone was ok? or did he keep trucking?
Old 08-13-2012, 11:26 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Rippem
really? (example) so the guy from Quebec transiting the area (in the middle of the river) on vacation is responsible?

so shipping is resposible for wake and how it effects your boating day as well?
Yes. They are legally responsible for their wakes. No question at all about that from a legal standpoint.

Originally Posted by Rippem
Have you ever been on the St Lawrence River?

These aren't barges my friend!

No I haven't, but that isn't a freighter that threw the wake, my friend. The simple fact is that cruisers owe us a legal duty not to endanger us as much as we do to them.
Old 08-13-2012, 11:27 AM
Registered

Received 75 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by X-Rated30
Yes, and they got lucky, but that doesn't change the fact that the cruiser was causing an inherently dangerous situation. Everyone knew there was an event with fast boats going on, yet the cruiser guy can throw as big of a wake as he likes??? BS.
The cruiser, motoring along at maybe 15 MPH, was causing inherently dangerous condition? Yet, in your mind, a raceboat (clearly a closed canopy turbine power cat could be considered a raceboat) going well over 100MPH on a busy waterway, with family boats everywhere, wasn't creating a dangerous condion? Are you kidding me? That's like taking an Indy car on the highway and saying Grandma in her minivan at 55 is in the wrong.

Yes, legally you are responsible for your wake. This is splitting hairs. If the owner of My Way tried to sue the cruiser owners, the suit would be thrown out instantly. That would be comical to watch an attorney try to convince a jury that his client was harmed by a cruisers wake because he had every right to exceed 100 MPH on the St Lawrence River!!

And, how did "everyone" know there was a poker run going on? The cruiser guy could have been travelling from hundreds of miles away.

Last edited by pasquesi; 08-13-2012 at 11:40 AM.
Old 08-13-2012, 11:30 AM
Registered

Question....

Based on the video and looking at the photos of the damage and photos I took of the engine compartment prior to the damage, it would appear to me that the focal point of the damage is in the area where the exhaust shroud is, ahead of the engine. Could a sudden ingestion of water into the engine compartment coming into contact with the hot shroud create enough steam pressure to blow the side of the boat out?
Old 08-13-2012, 11:38 AM
Registered

Received 94 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by X-Rated30
Yes we should. The law says you are responsible for your wake. Most instances, everyone is focused on the go fast boat, and no one stops the cruiser or gets their name or numbers, bc most people do not know they too are responsible for the accident. Since when do go fast boats owe a duty to ensure everyone's safety, but no one owes us a duty not to harm us?
I can't help myself here.....

I could see how this would play out in court.....

Go Fast Boater(GFB) "That cruiser was throwing a huge wake and made me crash...."

Judge - "Mr GFB, How fast were you going when you hit his wake?"

GFB - "168mph"

Judge - "Mr Cruiser, how fast were you going?"

Cruiser guy (CG) "20 mph"

Judge - "Sir, 168 mph???"

Do I even need to continue.....?

Last edited by pullmytrigger; 08-13-2012 at 11:40 AM.
Old 08-13-2012, 11:40 AM
Registered
Gold Member

Originally Posted by Bigdaddyracing
you on the Candian side or US side. Agree My Way was the first to hit them. Other's behind him had a chance to slow a little bit but the outerlimits hit pretty hard
Old 08-13-2012, 11:42 AM
Registered

Received 75 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by pullmytrigger
i can't help myself here.....

I could see how this would play out in court.....

Go fast boater(gfb) "that cruiser was throwing a huge wake and made me crash...."

judge - "mr gfb, how fast were you going when you hit his wake?"

gfb - "168mph"

judge - "mr cruiser, how fast were you going?"

cruiser guy (cg) "20 mph"

judge - "sir, 168 mph???"

do i even need to continue.....?
lmfao!!
Old 08-13-2012, 11:43 AM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 867 Likes on 319 Posts

Originally Posted by pasquesi
That's like taking an Indy car on the highway and saying Grandma in her minivan at 55 is in the wrong.
The fallacy with your straw man argument is that grandma isn't throwing out a dangerous wake, one only needs to be aware of her presence and pass her accordingly. Not so with a boat that sends out wakes, sometimes with far reaching impacts.

I've been boating on Long Island Sound for almost 40 years. I've seen large cruisers throw out huge wakes that have practically swamped smaller boats, in one instance the cruiser passengers were laughing. I've had to shut down my 33' boat to safely negotiate some of these wakes.

Yes, you need to be aware of your surroundings and conditions for you are ultimately responsible for you and your passenger's safety. Traveling at a high rate of speed on an open course increases the risk greatly. Nothing replaces good sense.
Old 08-13-2012, 11:46 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by cuposterchild
you on the Candian side or US side. Agree My Way was the first to hit them. Other's behind him had a chance to slow a little bit but the outerlimits hit pretty hard
On the Canadian side. It was something to see. I know Bill and Ken and I am glad they are ok. The second boat hit very hard and was almost straight up and down too but they had slowed down a bit before they hit. They were probably still doing over 100mph when they hit though.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.