My Way Crew Confirmed to be OK After Crash >

My Way Crew Confirmed to be OK After Crash

Notices

My Way Crew Confirmed to be OK After Crash

Old 08-13-2012, 02:09 PM
Registered

Received 74 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by X-Rated30
First off, yes I have. But I would also like to say that perhaps I wasn't clear. Of course the fast boats have an obligation to operate in a responsible manner. I am simply saying that cruisers that give no regard to their wake bear their share of the blame. I have seen the passengers on the stern laughing, too.

Instead of the example of the grandmother in her minivan going 55, a more appropriate analogy would be the trucker with an unsecured load occasionally dropping items in the highway.
I'm not trying to be confrontational. I get your frustration.

What would your suggestion be to the guy in that cruiser? He's in an international waterway making maybe 12 knots. Maybe. Should he go to idle speed every time he sees another boat? I can see your point on a small lake, but this is the St. Lawrence River we are talking about.
Old 08-13-2012, 02:17 PM
Beak botr
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I sure wish my rig could both go fast AND toss off a massive 10'er when going slow. Only thing these dorks respect is a bigger rig with a bigger wake. When two pretty much equal displacement approach each other around here, most times it turns into a chicken contest to see who slows first. Usually the winner is the one with very few people on his rig so he doesn't slow, just gets pounded..

May all these punks get every dish and breakable item smashed in their attempt to see if theirs is the biggest.
Old 08-13-2012, 02:19 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 97FASTech
On the topic of speed limits only. It seems the insurance companies use 75 as a benchmark to set rates. Would that even be practical (or fun) on a Poker Run? .02
I've done several poker runs with and without speed limits. Speed never affected the level of fun. The fun part is the people you meet and hang out with.

ETA: I am not in the we must limit speeds on a poker run crowd. Just stating that no matter how fast or slow I ran, the fun level was the same.

Last edited by Von Bongo; 08-13-2012 at 04:45 PM.
Old 08-13-2012, 03:01 PM
Registered

Received 32 Likes on 18 Posts

Last edited by dbhammer; 08-13-2012 at 03:07 PM. Reason: no post
Old 08-13-2012, 03:05 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They are lucking the turbine did not explode inward, towards the cockpit....are you guys saying that they NO LONGER use scatter shields?

Bill does it right. Good luck on the rebuild....
Old 08-13-2012, 03:06 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Von Bongo
I've done several poker runs with and without speed limits. Speed never affected the level of fun. The fun part is the people you meet and hang out with.
EXACTLY !!!

Are you really participating in a fun boating event when you are 3 miles away from the bulk of the boats ?
Old 08-13-2012, 03:08 PM
Charter Member #1171
Charter Member

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by pasquesi
I'm not trying to be confrontational. I get your frustration.

What would your suggestion be to the guy in that cruiser? He's in an international waterway making maybe 12 knots. Maybe. Should he go to idle speed every time he sees another boat? I can see your point on a small lake, but this is the St. Lawrence River we are talking about.
NO,,,,,he should aleays be at idle,,,,,because someone may pass him oncoming much to fast for his wake to dissipate before the oncoming boat got to it.

I take that back,,,,,he should just stay at the dock
Old 08-13-2012, 03:11 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by catastrophe
EXACTLY !!!

Are you really participating in a fun boating event when you are 3 miles away from the bulk of the boats ?
not just the run itself, but the camaraderie, the location, the people , ect.....

Thanks Alex for the PM I appreciate it
Old 08-13-2012, 03:23 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts

time to get flamed I guess...

Nobody has ever said at what speed they were running.. Lots of speculation and people automatically thinking he's flat out at 200 because he posted that at the shootout.. He could have had a lead when departing or so on but no speeds posted... On camera and fimeld 80mph looks like its hauling the mail..

From his spinout previous, since it spunout on that side taking the force of the water an such caused it to be weak area, even though visually inspected dosent mean what had all that pretty paint on it covered up any issues? also leading up to more damage than if it never spun?

Sure they got squirly from that second vid posted with a better view and angle, yet being at the races and seeing them dance all over or tail dance and come out with less damage if any...

Just glad the crew is ok, spectators are ok and nobody got hurt but an ego, a materialistic item, and a pair of undies or two!

Last edited by JPD Motorsports; 08-13-2012 at 03:25 PM. Reason: forgot a part
Old 08-13-2012, 03:29 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Someone mention the S. FL perspective. I have read these posts and the amazing thing is that some of you guys think a 3-4' Cruiser wake is like a tidal wave. This was not a small cat. It is a very large boat and should have no problem crossing a 3-4 wake. Is that not what offshore race boats used to do. Our intracoastal down here is very narrow and we see this all the time. Running in the ocean you have these types of conditions all the time with occassional freighter wakes coming in from offshore. Let's not get crazy and blame the guy in the clorox bottle. I agree they have no regard for their wake but the reality is plain and simple. Driver error period. Glad no one got hurt. If you all are worried about the wakes that is why you should run on a closed course and not a public waterway.
Let's be real. He has a much right to throw a wake as we do to run fast.. Only thing would be if there was a sign like we have down here saying 15" max wake or something. Not sure if they would have that up there or not. I hate to see this kind of thing and as like many of you worry about the future of a sport we all love.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.