Chief Performance Prepares 1,900-HP Engines for 43 Doug Wright >

Chief Performance Prepares 1,900-HP Engines for 43 Doug Wright

Notices

Chief Performance Prepares 1,900-HP Engines for 43 Doug Wright

Old 12-19-2013, 09:01 AM
Registered

Received 607 Likes on 275 Posts

Originally Posted by bulletbob
I apologize 3rdcldhod for coming across as a dick. It's a symptom that rises occasionally from time to time especially when I can't get my aquaspeed fix. I hope to resolve this issue Saturday as it is supposed to be in the 70s' this weekend in SC.
It's guys like the owner of this DW, Plyburn, Tommy at Chief and countless others that keep this sport evolving. Without people willing to spend money on development the sport wouldn't evolve. My bank account will never evolve to this gentlemens' level, but, I can live vicariously thru his build.

Merry Christmas Bob
No problem. Even if I won the mega-millions and bought an ocean side home in Hawaii I would want a sweet boat that could tame the Pacific Ocean but still retain some longevity and reliability. I guess if you have multiple boats and lots of dough then it would be cool to have a monster like this to take out once or twice a year. Hopefully not to poker runs to show off though. Merry Christmas.
Old 12-19-2013, 09:32 AM
Registered

Received 121 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by Coolerman
Gas only provides so much cooling and the pistons can only take so much heat, especially with high exhaust back pressures.
Please explain further....
Old 12-19-2013, 11:09 AM
PF Marine
Platinum Member

Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by endeavor1
Please explain further....
lol.....
Old 12-19-2013, 01:26 PM
Registered

Received 72 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by thirdchildhood
No problem. Even if I won the mega-millions and bought an ocean side home in Hawaii I would want a sweet boat that could tame the Pacific Ocean but still retain some longevity and reliability. I guess if you have multiple boats and lots of dough then it would be cool to have a monster like this to take out once or twice a year. Hopefully not to poker runs to show off though. Merry Christmas.
I agree 100%. I like to boat every weekend. Not wrench on my broke ride. That's why I went from Nicasil motors to steel sleeve powerheads. Almost 0 maintenance. I apologize again and Merry Christmas!

Bob
Old 12-19-2013, 03:31 PM
Registered

Received 607 Likes on 275 Posts

I don't begrudge anyone for being successful in this country and making it big and becoming wealthy. It's one thing that makes this country great. 1,900 hp from a 557 CID engine is really pushing the envelope. This is a full canopy cat with nearly 4,000 hp that will run over 200 mph. That is all cool if he wants to enjoy that off-shore or maybe take a potential client for a ride, etc. What is a bit disturbing is that the boat will "debut at the Key West Poker Run". I sure hope he doesn't intend to run it on inland lakes. This monster will be running on the ragged edge and doesn't belong on crowded waters or off-shore waters lined with spectators. After all of that banter recently about poker runs not being races and after the lives lost at Key West last year. Maybe not real good timing. Remember that I am just expressing my opinion and that this is the new kinder, gentler OSO! Be gentle with me. lol