Another well known member GUILTY of Auto Theft

Notices

Another well known member GUILTY of Auto Theft

Old 08-24-2012, 06:20 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by otis311
Nick, Nort, Bubba.....you guys have known me along time. Chuck is as good as they get. The plea was taken to stop further damage...He has fought this for over a yr. The feds were seaching for anything and everything once they realized they had the wrong guy and that the guy they let go on a year sentence in county jail WAS actually the ring leader. ..... unknowledged people can say what they want about how he buys his boats and all that, but in reality, the man is a hardworking HONEST business man that got taken advantage of and now is paying the price. Very sad story....
I'm with you 1000%. I know. And I know the story. Shtty deal for sure; It's quite sad. I was just identifying who we're talking about before it goes the wrong direction.
Old 08-24-2012, 08:23 AM
Registered

Received 341 Likes on 119 Posts

After pleading guilty to the charges he is facing up to 15 years in prison if the judge decides to throw the book at him. What exactly is he charged with? What evidence do they have against him? If he wasn't part of this theft ring then why didn't he fight it? I don't understand why he plead guilty if he had nothing to do with it.

If he was facing just a six month sentence then I could understand him just wanting to get it over with but the judge could put him away for 15 fregging years!

Last edited by Marginmn; 08-24-2012 at 08:26 AM.
Old 08-24-2012, 08:41 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've known Chuck for a while now and this seems way out of character. There is no way he would willingly risk being away from his young family for this.
Old 08-24-2012, 08:45 AM
Registered

Received 44 Likes on 19 Posts

It works that way...for example, in my case they had NO evidence at all. (Running from the law in fast toys). They never caught me, but heresay from some idiot thats not fast enough to get away - is enough to get you put in handcuffs. At that point they OWN you. Court date after court date. Deal after deal. Big money to attorney time after time... it gets tiring.

Id say he will get the minimum. If he has enough $ to buy a nortech he has enough $ to know his sentence before his court date.

If anyone would like to here the whole story itd make ya sick. Get ahold of me on here or at the docks sometime.

Hope it all works out, obviously this guy isnt a "scum" of the earth criminal...

Last edited by PigNaPoke; 08-24-2012 at 08:49 AM. Reason: typo
Old 08-24-2012, 08:45 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I dont know Chuck, and can't comment on whether he was guilty or not, I just think it is ironic to see the same faces bashing Pantera for business practices defending this guy.

Last edited by rchevelle71; 08-24-2012 at 09:14 AM. Reason: to appease the masses
Old 08-24-2012, 09:05 AM
Registered

Received 341 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by rchevelle71
I dont know Chuck, and can't comment on whether he was guilty or not, I just think it is funny to see the same faces bashing Pantera for business practices defending this guy.
It's not funny at all if an over-zealous prosecutor is going after an innocent person just to help his own career. It's been done many times and there is nothing funny about it IMO. I'd just like to hear what evidence they have and what they are charging him with.

The article says he's facing a sentence as little as probation up to 15 years in prison all at the discretion of the judge. My gwad that seems like a wide disparity. If I"m innocent I don't see how you agree to plead guilty unless the charges are reduced to a point where you are facing a year or two at worst. Judges have been known to drop understandings between the prosecution and accused into the trash can and give the maximum sentence. Just ask Jeff in the card shark case.

He's facing 15 freaking years. That is sick. I feel so bad for him if he wasn't involved.
Old 08-24-2012, 09:07 AM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts

I dont know Chuck, and can't comment on whether he was guilty or not, I just think it is funny to see the same faces bashing Pantera for business practices defending this guy.
Your flag is getting a little tattered by now isn't it?
Old 08-24-2012, 09:12 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Indy
Your flag is getting a little tattered by now isn't it?
Not flag waving, I gave that up a long time ago and agree with you all that Pantera doesnt exactly have the best practices. I just think it is Ironic that the same crew is defending someone that "MAY" have questionable business practices. If I knew Chuck I may be waving his flag also.
Old 08-24-2012, 09:14 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Marginmn
It's not funny at all if an over-zealous prosecutor is going after an innocent person just to help his own career. It's been done many times and there is nothing funny about it IMO. I'd just like to hear what evidence they have and what they are charging him with.

The article says he's facing a sentence as little as probation up to 15 years in prison all at the discretion of the judge. My gwad that seems like a wide disparity. If I"m innocent I don't see how you agree to plead guilty unless the charges are reduced to a point where you are facing a year or two at worst. Judges have been known to drop understandings between the prosecution and accused into the trash can and give the maximum sentence. Just ask Jeff in the card shark case.

He's facing 15 freaking years. That is sick. I feel so bad for him if he wasn't involved.
Maybe I am missing something, but didnt his happen under his watch, and involve his business? Which business is his? I am changing my wording to Ironic, you are correct, it is not funny for him.
Old 08-24-2012, 09:15 AM
Registered

Received 74 Likes on 34 Posts

Without getting into a huge rant, I agree with you completely Rick. On the bashing part.

In this day and age, of evidence technicians and experts in financial forensics, I find it impossible to believe that this guy is innocent. The DA would be open to a huge lawsuit for even TRYING to convict an innocent person when their reputation is obviously destroyed from even being indicted. Why plead guilty if you are completely innocent? Come on...

You think you know somebody? You don't. Gacy spent countless hours volunteering. Everyone thought he was a great guy.

Joe Paterno was a great guy. Gave millions to charity.

Ken Lay was a great guy. Gave millions to charity.

Then again, I hope for Chuck's sake that somehow he was just signing documents that were put in front of him and truly didn't know what was going on.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.