Mercury cool fuel relocation >

Mercury cool fuel relocation

Notices

Mercury cool fuel relocation

Old 09-11-2012, 08:05 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mercury cool fuel relocation

Anybody install a cool fuel relocation kit for a 98-01 502 mag mpi? I'm running into some headaches and was curious to see if anybody had issues with this
Old 09-11-2012, 09:21 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 814 Likes on 373 Posts

Buy a small 3/8 or 1/2 npt fitting oil cooler or power steering cooler and set-up your own own cool fuel system, you'll have to thread the fuel rail too and throw all that other gARBAGE IN THE TRASH, i DID, sMITTY
Old 09-12-2012, 04:40 PM
Registered

Thanks for the input, I do have a power steering cooler that would probably work. I bought the relocation kit and your right it's garbage even though it says it's for my gen motor and the directions show the right parts it didnt come with the right parts and when I called merc they said they didn't make the right parts anymore so they just threw in what they had. Why sell the f-in kit then?!?! What a way to run a company and try and scam me out of 1000 bucks! Anyway you got any pics of how u did yours?
Old 09-12-2012, 04:58 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 814 Likes on 373 Posts

I will explain it the best I can-your suction line will come from water seperator- thru your new fuel pump-discharge thru your small cooler-go straight thru your regulator un-restricted and then feed your fuel rail in 2 spots. On the bleed off port on your regulator you will bleed off the excess fuel flow/pressure back to a tee on inlet to water seperator (as long as it is rated a the fuel pressure you are planning to run) or the fuel tank if possible. I used all an to npt adapters and aeroquip hose, still cheaper than the oem crap. Mount the regulator as close to fuel rail as possible , Smitty
Attached Thumbnails Mercury cool fuel relocation-01.jpg   Mercury cool fuel relocation-dsc02974.jpg   Mercury cool fuel relocation-fuel%2520regulator%2520016.jpg  

Old 09-12-2012, 05:16 PM
Registered

Got it, I'll give it a go just gotta round up some parts first
Old 09-12-2012, 09:33 PM
Registered

one benefit of using p/s cooler type of cooler, the fuel going to engines fuel rails will be cooled. mercurys coolfuel II only cools recirced fuel, not fuel going to engine. cooling fuel supply should provide consistent results thru power range.
Old 09-13-2012, 09:06 PM
Registered

All done... Didn't really want to pull off my fuel rail and drill and tap it so I found a way to use the cool fuel system by changing some water lines and fabbing my own bracket if the merc fuel pump ever goes out I have the p/s cooler with an aux fuel pump that can be plumbed together in a matter of minutes