Notices

Hey.... Luv-N-It

Old 07-11-2002, 02:34 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hey.... Luv-N-It

I boat on Alum Creek sometimes during the week after work to blow off steam of try out new parts. I dont like going on weekends because I have to wait forever to launch and take out.

Also the water is not as rough as I would like it to be for my 28 cig
If I ever go back on a weekend I will let you know. Do you know who the guy was that had the F3-07 Mutual Fun Racing Fountain there a couple of weekends ago/
Old 07-11-2002, 02:49 PM
Registered

No I don't who owns that boat. If its the one you are talking about, it had twin engines, right? Sure sounded good, even from a distance. I remeber seeing on his windshield he participated in the Lake Cumberland Poker Run last year.

One thing I do know, there is a cat named "Red Dog" that runs around up there wanting to race everyone...and it flies. He tried to race that Fountain I think you are talking about and that Fountain would not have any part of it.

I agree, Alum Creek is way busy on the weekends. I bring my Baja 272 with me to work on Friday's, stay the night and leave late Saturyday night, or we stay Saturday night too and leave early Sunday morning.

That is my boating choice unless we go somewhere else.
Old 07-11-2002, 02:59 PM
Registered

I think that Fountain only had one engine, bothe times that I have seen in the guys were wearing their bright orange helmets and lifejackets flying down the lake. I raced Red Dog once and got my a$$ kicked, do you know what engines he is running?
Old 07-11-2002, 03:11 PM
Registered

O.K. I don't know what Fountain you are talking about, sorry.

Hey, I just remembered something, I remember reading, I think, in Powerboat Mag about two local guys who race a Fountain from the Powell or Delaware area???? I'm sure it was one of the two magazines I subscribe too. As I think about it more there is a place in the article that talks about a hi-performance boat supplier in that area too. I tried to find the supplier on the net. Had no luck. Its not PRI either. I would have remebered that. I know that is the boat you are talking about. I check my mags tonight and page you in the General Discussion are Friday.

I wish I knew what kind of engine "Red Dog" has, but I followed him up to the bridge one day under Chelshire Rd bridge, that thing is bad!!!! One of these days, I'm going to get up to him and ask to see it, but he probably won't show it. All he wants to do is spank everyone's a$$. How bad did he get you?

I saw him smack the a$$ of a Wellcraft 30' or so with twin engines. I wonder what kind of speed Red Dog has?
Old 07-11-2002, 03:12 PM
Offshore Addiction

The boat number is actually F1-07- they run factory 1 with APBA- Driver is Michael Connelly and throttleman is Bill Kingery. Very nice guys- at their first race they stopped to help me out when I was thrown out of the boat...

Old 07-11-2002, 03:18 PM
Registered

I remember reading that in the article too. They stopped to help two guys that were thrown out of a boat.

God, I love this BOARD!!!!!!!!! It's a small world.
Old 07-11-2002, 03:30 PM
Offshore Addiction

Actually- their first two races they stopped and helped, the first race is was me who they rescued. The article was in Powerboat in the July 2002 issue.

Old 07-11-2002, 03:31 PM
Registered

Luv-N-It,

Take a look at Powerboat Mag. pp 24-25. "Connelly and Kingery are no strangers to fast boats. They run Total Marine Performance, a hot-rod boat shop in Powell, Ohio, a suburb of Columbus."

What color is your 272? I occasionaly go to Alum Creek, but with by 20' Baja, the water can get a bit sloppy, and I can't stand the lines for the ramp. I was on Alum about a month ago in the cove w/ the ski rope and saw a 272 w/ a red umbrella/canopy. If you see a white 20' outlaw called Aqua-Holic, flag me down!
Old 07-11-2002, 03:47 PM
Registered

Brotha, that was me!!!! Come over and tie up. My wife and love having other Baja owners with us. We are really gettin' serious about boating more since we bought the 272. There are a lot of Baja owners locally. I met a couple of dudes at Deer Creek who were pretty cool w/Baja's!!
Old 07-11-2002, 06:49 PM
Registered

Default Red Dog

What kind of cat is it?

Outboard/s or I/O or I/O's?

Is he always there?

Hmmmm.......

Quick Reply: Hey.... Luv-N-It

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.