Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Twin (multiple) O/B Vee thread, let's see them....... >

Twin (multiple) O/B Vee thread, let's see them.......

Twin (multiple) O/B Vee thread, let's see them.......

Old 09-21-2012, 05:31 PM
  #31  
Gold Member
Gold Member
 
NJThumper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: North Brunswick, NJ
Posts: 156
Default

The 39 Sutphen I posted was built in 2006 for Bob McCoy from Canada. It was delivered new as an outboard.
NJThumper is offline  
Old 09-21-2012, 05:36 PM
  #32  
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Thread Starter
 
Twin O/B Sonic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Cardington Ohio
Posts: 2,700
Default Different one then.

Originally Posted by NJThumper View Post
The 39 Sutphen I posted was built in 2006 for Bob McCoy from Canada. It was delivered new as an outboard.
The one I saw was on Rice Lake in Ontario in about '02 or '03 and had the V-8's on it then. I'll have to see if I can find the pix's.
Twin O/B Sonic is offline  
Old 09-21-2012, 06:38 PM
  #33  
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Thread Starter
 
Twin O/B Sonic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Cardington Ohio
Posts: 2,700
Default So, the dictionary definition of irony.....

Originally Posted by Twin O/B Sonic View Post
The one I saw was on Rice Lake in Ontario in about '02 or '03 and had the V-8's on it then. I'll have to see if I can find the pix's.
I went through some old mags I had looking for pix's when I came across one on in the news magazine that the Performance Boat Club of Canada used to put out when I was a member.
In their Sept. '02 issue is a picture of Bob McCoys 39' Sutphen w/twin 900 SC's!
It does have the tube arch and radar. So when I saw it was either before or after that and when he converted it to the V-8 O/B's.
Small world.
Twin O/B Sonic is offline  
Old 09-21-2012, 06:53 PM
  #34  
Gold Member
Gold Member
 
NJThumper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: North Brunswick, NJ
Posts: 156
Default

Bob McCoy had a good sized stable of boats. Sadly, he passed. Had a Nortech with a tall windshield.
NJThumper is offline  
Old 09-22-2012, 02:22 PM
  #35  
Registered
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Lake George
Posts: 44
Default

Found this on the Scarab forum - classic look. Curious how many of them are out there.
Attached Thumbnails Twin (multiple) O/B Vee thread, let's see them.......-scan0001.jpg   Twin (multiple) O/B Vee thread, let's see them.......-scan0002.jpg  
shaun1368 is offline  
Old 09-22-2012, 05:59 PM
  #36  
Gold Member
Gold Member
 
northernoffshore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: ft. myers, fl.
Posts: 2,487
Default

http://chicago.craigslist.org/nwc/boa/3289263526.html
northernoffshore is offline  
Old 09-22-2012, 07:22 PM
  #37  
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Thread Starter
 
Twin O/B Sonic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Cardington Ohio
Posts: 2,700
Default Yep.

Originally Posted by northernoffshore View Post
A friend of mine bought it to restore and hit a wall half way through.
Was complete when he bought it, he put a new aluminum trailer under it and re-did the floor and then saw the light. Had/two disassembled OMC's. Current owner is parting it out.
Ton's O potential for a guy w/a barn and more time than sense.
I can say that since I've been that guy too many times in my life
I'd love to have it but after more than two yrs of thrashing to get my Sonic going, and no inside storage........, not gonna do it.

Last edited by Twin O/B Sonic; 09-22-2012 at 07:25 PM.
Twin O/B Sonic is offline  
Old 09-24-2012, 09:34 AM
  #38  
Registered
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Missouri
Posts: 451
Default

Originally Posted by Twin O/B Sonic View Post
A friend of mine bought it to restore and hit a wall half way through.
Was complete when he bought it, he put a new aluminum trailer under it and re-did the floor and then saw the light. Had/two disassembled OMC's. Current owner is parting it out.
Ton's O potential for a guy w/a barn and more time than sense.
I can say that since I've been that guy too many times in my life
I'd love to have it but after more than two yrs of thrashing to get my Sonic going, and no inside storage........, not gonna do it.
Call me crazy. I ended up buying it. Pick it up Saturday.
Aqua Banshee is offline  
Old 09-24-2012, 09:52 AM
  #39  
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Thread Starter
 
Twin O/B Sonic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Cardington Ohio
Posts: 2,700
Default Good for you!

Originally Posted by Aqua Banshee View Post
Call me crazy. I ended up buying it. Pick it up Saturday.
Those are on my A list and if I wasn't 1500 mls away and had a place to work on it, I'd have bought it from it's previous owner.
I spent 2 yrs on my Sonic, outside in Fla. Just a bit burnt out still
Keep us posted.
Twin O/B Sonic is offline  
Old 09-24-2012, 10:12 AM
  #40  
Registered
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Missouri
Posts: 451
Default

Originally Posted by Twin O/B Sonic View Post
Those are on my A list and if I wasn't 1500 mls away and had a place to work on it, I'd have bought it from it's previous owner.
I spent 2 yrs on my Sonic, outside in Fla. Just a bit burnt out still
Keep us posted.
This will replace my 24 Sonic. Bought the wife a cruiser this summer, so I can have something less practical. The Sonic is a great do all boat, but hope the Velocity has more speed potential with equal power.
Aqua Banshee is offline  

OSO Sponsor
OSO Advertiser
OSO Advertiser

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright İ 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.

OSO Advertiser