Like Tree0Likes

Is This True????????????

Old 07-12-2002, 11:54 AM
Kohldog

Notice in the add that it says.

Equal Length, Equal Power
World's Fastest
Production V Bottom

If nobody else builds a 36' 8" V then of course it will be the worlds fastest!

Old 07-12-2002, 12:06 PM
Rough Seas Lie Ahead
Gold Member

kohldog
You stole my thunder...pun intended...

What's the big deal fella's? I think it's a great ad. Nothing wrong with some arrogance, after all it sells which is their bottom line. Anyone seen the Baja ad's lately? How'bout Cigarette? Donzi? Actually how about any of them?!...

If we owners/drivers and manufacturers weren't arrogant type A+ folks none of us would be on this board or driving a performance boat now would we...Rock on AT....
Old 07-12-2002, 12:29 PM
Registered

My Boats: You can't boat on an ICE FLOW

Its not an add. Its on their web site. And it does say equal lenght equal power.

Does anyone have experience with 37 foot boat with a full cabin, head, galley A/C etc and 675hp motors that goes 102 ?

Dan you say you don't care about being the fastest............. Remember, there is still 200 RPM left. LOL
Old 07-12-2002, 12:32 PM
Registered

My Boats: It's how well you go fast

As everyone knows i have an AT...i would still choose them as my "PLEASURE" boat for the time being... they ARE not the worlds fastest!!!...currently foutain owns that bragging right!!! both in under 35 and over 35! i'm a FIRM beleiver in SHOW ME,,,DON'T TELL ME.....the world kilo record will be in cleavlan again next month....so manufactures??....shut up...bring your **** out and let your product do the talking....O by the way top speed does not mean jack **** if you can't use it in the rough which some manufactures claim as well.....so have a look at the current APBA pro series standing in the F classes. get up,, stop racing from the sidelines,,,and show us what you can do,,,,don't tell us!!!!

ps....funny how much work, time, and money goes into a kilo record....hell some co's are claiming it with full cabins and AC....****!
Old 07-12-2002, 12:36 PM
Registered

1 more thing!...fountain holds it for 500hp SVL class also at 106 and some change in a river!!!! that's 1000 hp to go 106 in a 38 V!!!!
Old 07-12-2002, 12:47 PM
Registered

Yea, that "special" Fountain may have gone 106, but the one you buy from a dealer for pleasure use for $200,000 only goes 80-85. That is based on my experience with a couple of friends boats.

Last edited by h2owarrior; 07-12-2002 at 12:50 PM.
Old 07-12-2002, 01:05 PM
Registered

i agree what you buy from the factory and what is raced are 2 differnt things as a 500 hp boat....f2 did start out being--race what you sleep in on the weekends with your family! the only thing a consumer can really do is run the "production" boats and make their decision from there. AT does come out VERY high on the list....racing is for bragging rights! yes, some things do and can be cascaded back to the production boats for improvments. don't get me wrong, i'm not the world biggest fountain fan....but look at a reggie's ads....his racing (FACTS) SELL a lot of boats for him???
Old 07-12-2002, 01:27 PM
Registered

I think you got it right Joey. I wish the F2 had remaind true to the original vision. Race production boats so more people could afford to participate.
Old 07-12-2002, 03:20 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

My Boats: 37 Outerlimits & Sweetwater 2486 Tritoon 140HP

Quote:
Originally posted by Kohldog
Notice in the add that it says.

Equal Length, Equal Power
World's Fastest
Production V Bottom

If nobody else builds a 36' 8" V then of course it will be the worlds fastest!
LOL! Even if someone does build a faster 36'8" boat, slap a couple extra coats of clear on it and build the fastest 36'8 1/64" boat. LOL!

And Joe, huh, how your tune changes. Family bought a Fountain and you're on the side fo the beak now. Ain't bussin' everyone chops on the Fountains anymore eh?

It's not how fast you go, but how well you go fast, and sooner or later, EVERYONE owns a Fountain. LOL!
Old 07-12-2002, 03:26 PM
Registered

My Boats: 1991 41 Apache WarPath!!!

I want this fountain
Attached Thumbnails
Is This True????????????-782fountaininwater1.jpg