Honey Boo Boo Race team thread? >

Honey Boo Boo Race team thread?

Notices

Honey Boo Boo Race team thread?

Old 10-06-2012, 11:50 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Another win for Jeff Stevenson!!!

As close as Bruce got to expressing the sentiments of how most racers feel about him and the JBS team, Jeff Stevenson has clearly come out the winner once again. Some of you just dont get it, there are people out there that have the opinion that whether its positive attention or negative attention, its all good attention cause they're talking about you. He's sitting there behind his monitor laughing his a$$ off cause hes back in the limelight once again. I am pretty positive that the new/old video that he posted yesterday has over 1000 hits by now and if you didnt know the boat was for sale... you do now.

Jeff Stevenson has done nothing for this sport except leave a trail behind of everyone in the industry that he has done business with is mf'd due to his lack of intelligence and total lack of ability to look in the mirror and see the real cause of his calamities. The marine industry is far from perfect, but everyone Jeff Stevenson does business with is morons? hmmm I see a common denominator.

Some fans are still enamored in Jeff Stevenson cause he blew his trust fund on big trucks, toys, and has a big boat.. Whoopee If you want to look up to any team, it should be Geico. If ya'll are in Jupiter or Key West, find a little 24' Pantera named "Kamikazee". That is where Scotty B came from and I dont seem to remember him getting any trust fund to get to be apart of what you now see as Geico, he busted his butt and worked for everything you see today.

In Offshore Racing, Jeff Stevenson's 15 minutes are up, wow he beat Geico one time so he feels he should be everyone's hero. What he doesn't understand is that the sun does shine on a dog's a$$ every now and then.
Old 10-06-2012, 12:04 PM
Member #9
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by F1-00 Racing
Another win for Jeff Stevenson!!!

Really ??

Honey Boo Boo just filed for Divorce with this guy ... I don't think he is laugh'n his a$$ off at all. More like crying, trying to figure out a way to hide his earnings.
Old 10-06-2012, 12:18 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by hp500efi
Really ??

Honey Boo Boo just filed for Divorce with this guy ... I don't think he is laugh'n his a$$ off at all. More like crying, trying to figure out a way to hide his earnings.
Really wow, sorry to hear, seriously.... Going through a divorce with children myself, I dont wish it on my worst enemy. Something tells me though that its all her fault, I mean it could never be his fault could it? If he had only let her put the stripper pole in the living room....
Old 10-06-2012, 12:29 PM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by F1-00 Racing
Really wow, sorry to hear, seriously.... Going through a divorce with children myself, I dont wish it on my worst enemy. Something tells me though that its all her fault, I mean it could never be his fault could it? If he had only let her put the stripper pole in the living room....
Haha

A career bartender with a fondness for stripper poles wants a divorce? Say it ain't so

Sadly, in the portion of the video when she was talking about how they met and got together, cracking what was supposed to be jokes.....those were not jokes folks, those were her true feelings. She really had nothing good to say about him. What she should have said was " I didn't know he had a trust fund until our first date, then I was hooked"

A hot superficial 25 year old eventually turns into that, buyer beware
Old 10-06-2012, 02:44 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LaughingCat
Why, so a part can break and he'll complain about the manufacturer?
I would certainly blame the hull coming apart at least twice on the manufacturer

accidents happen, but it has to be a hit to the budget of a team without a sponsor when another boat goes over the top of you and crushes your canopy and I have seen nothing that blames that wreck on JBS and the video looked clearly like the other boat was out of control and came right over them and could have easily killed them

the turbine issue has a lot of he said she said to it, but if the same things fail over and over I might not blame it all on the maker, but I would sure go ahead and try a different company

and I have nothing against Gieco nor am I going to say they buy wins, but it (to me) is similar to Miss Budweiser and unlimited hydroplane racing......at some point when one team has the resources that no one else has and they pretty much dominate the sport for years and years it really does not become about racing and it becomes boring and non competitive......and at this point and time (and not specifically because of that) unlimited hydroplane racing is a shell of what it used to be when boats were powered by old airplane piston engines and even the greatness of Miss Budweiser and their racing team had to actually pull out of racing once the Budweiser money went away so it shows that even TOP (tip top) teams need outside money to actually go out and compete year in and year out and hope to win

the things JBS says might not always be the best things to say, but he could be out there wrecking high powered boats during poker runs and "dominating" poker runs and instead he at least tried to go out and compete at the highest levels and he had a lot of issues and IMO wisely decided to pull back until he can find a way to get better funding

and since he was shelling out the cash, he was out there RACING, and he had several issues 100% out of his control that hurt that effort he is entitled to have an opinion even if it might not be the most popular one
Old 10-06-2012, 03:02 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 24 Likes on 5 Posts

Are you family? He's been a douche bag his entire life!
Old 10-06-2012, 03:19 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TENSION
Are you family? He's been a douche bag his entire life!
I don't know him personally so I don't know how he has been his whole life

I have only seen the things he has said on here and on his videos and other places

I would not personally be calling out a team for having what seems to be unlimited resources to compete, but as I said before I am not sure a single team having that added to the racing or the competitiveness of the sport

I could care less how he personally got his money or if he has a trust fund or how he chooses to spend that money I have known probably hundreds of people that have had large trust funds or taken over large corporations through inheritance and some were great people and some were fools and some were a bit of both....I have known many more people that were dirt poor that were total idiots and would always be dirt poor because they were running around much more concerned with how others go their money or how much money others had or how they spent it

and as to Gieco specifically since the JBS comments on them seems to be what gets everyone else riled up I personally find it not that impressive that when their boat catches fire and burns down (very thankful no one was injured and personally would have preferred something like that never happens to anyone) their answer is to just go right down the road and buy another teams hull and go right back at it.....no ill will that they have those resources behind them and no desire to see them have those types of issues, but it shows that resources can make a very large difference in when and how one team can compete VS another

again I care nothing about the personal life of JBS and if he is having family issues I find that sad and hope he works through them, but his personal life really means nothing to me since I would just prefer to see more boats evenly matched out there trying to make a sport competitive without personal drama or someones childhood issues involved
Old 10-06-2012, 03:31 PM
Registered

Texas Vines,

Yes by all means this is a public forum and more importantly America. You are entitled to your opinion and it is noted, however, what you posted just skimmed the surface and you dont know the whole story, heck I dont know the whole story, but what I do know is such a piss pot poor representation of offshore racing. Its hard enough to be an offshore racer as it is and acquire sponsorship in general. Now you have the economy kicking our butts as well as advertising budgets non-existent and you have a team of Geico's professionalism in addition to the backing they worked hard for then you have the utter lack of professionalism from Jeff. As Bruce said, its all about him, and he has done nothing to make offshore better, just *itched and moaned,"oh pitiful me, I got screwed again, this guy is a scam artist, etc" You know that catchy tune that gets overplayed on the radio and its gets old, meet Jeff Stevenson. Time to turn the channel.....

Yes accidents do happen(we as racers all assume and acknowledge the risk, we only hope to minimize damage/injury in the event that an accident happens) and the incident in Ft Myers was not their fault by any means, however ask him how he did in Miami earlier that year in that boat. Why dont you ask him why he showed up in St Clair this year with his hauler, then lied to the promoter that he had a bad axle on the boat trailer that had to be fixed and they would be right back to race, then no-showed, just so he could acquire a pit space to park his hauler and get the name JBS seen. Why dont you ask him how many laps he ran with a bottom delaminating(started the size of a basketball, then proceeded to get larger every lap) on top of it 10 jbs people with radios on the shore, ummm you would think common sense would prevail, but no lets blame it on the manufacturer that allegedly told him it was fine and to keep going. The very same manufacturer that replaced the boat at no cost for it cause his name was being drug through the mudd by guess who.....yeah I think you know

Maybe he should try poker running, lets see how long before they get tired of the BS and try to run him off
Old 10-06-2012, 04:24 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Once a douche, always a douche! There is no question that Jeff is exactly that! But considering the hobby of "offshore boating" has no exposure to the "common person" it might not be a bad thing if it got picked up by a network. All the white trash reality shows bring a huge audience. If this show was picked up by a network and built a fan base the idiots would come out in droves to different race sites and spend money to see their heros, exactly what this sport has wanted for many years. Revenue and a large audience. The whole team involved with Geico has more class hands down. But the stupid american public likes stupid white trash drama that they can relate to.
Old 10-06-2012, 07:01 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

and here everyone took my honey boo boo analogy and ran with it!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.