Toledo OH Launch ramps to test boat >

Toledo OH Launch ramps to test boat

Notices

Toledo OH Launch ramps to test boat

Old 10-11-2012, 11:35 AM
Registered

Received 79 Likes on 23 Posts
Default Toledo OH Launch ramps to test boat

Meeting someone to test a boat in Ohio near Toledo. On I-90 near Toledo is the Maumee River. Is there a good place to launch a 30' boat there near the Highway? Is the river a good place to test a boat like that? Trying to stay away from Lake Erie this time of year.
Old 10-11-2012, 11:44 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

If you have a iphone there is a app called "boat ramps" and you can type in addresses or city/zip codes and find the closest ramp where you need it. I know you asking if it can handle a 30 footer and good water conditions for testing, that I'm unsure of.

Good luck. Your right about Lake Erie though, can get nasty out there.
Old 10-11-2012, 12:50 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Brad Zastrow
Meeting someone to test a boat in Ohio near Toledo. On I-90 near Toledo is the Maumee River. Is there a good place to launch a 30' boat there near the Highway? Is the river a good place to test a boat like that? Trying to stay away from Lake Erie this time of year.
I would be VERY careful where I was going the water is super low right now. In our boathouse its about 2-3 feet below normal. Just a heads up, also might want to be careful of going off the end of the ramp since the water is so low.
Old 10-11-2012, 12:56 PM
Registered

Received 79 Likes on 23 Posts

I was told Walbridge Park in Toledo might work. How deep is the river?
Old 10-11-2012, 01:35 PM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

well your not going to make cullen park. peir 75 can hoistfor you, they are right under the i75 bridge on the river. you should be good going out in the lake if you STAY IN the shipping channel untill you hit the lighthouse and you can then run east from there without water depth issues. if you try going out of the channel before the lighthouse you will most likely hit. the river has some shallow spots in areas you wouldnt think once you get up river past 75. You might consider going a couple miles up 75 to bolles harbor in monroe. good deep water ramp and your right on the lake. east or southeast is good from Bolles but you do not want to go m]north untill you are a ways out in the lake.
Old 10-11-2012, 01:53 PM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 271 Likes on 96 Posts

PM sent

right now we are at about -10 off water datum line, we are usually at aprox +24 or so . . . . fall winds blowing steady out of the west/south west draining this end of the pond. you wont get in the river anywhere today unless you go up river above the dam in Mary Jane Thurston but i dont think its very big boat friendly up there.
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )

Last edited by glassdave; 10-11-2012 at 03:02 PM.
Old 10-11-2012, 04:21 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

BOLLES HARBOR IS CLOSED FOR ASPHALT CONSTRUCTION,,,i would use the river plenty of run time until to are at the light house,,perfect for a shake down run
Old 10-11-2012, 05:27 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 204 Likes on 132 Posts

This is the time of year you WANT to test on Lake Erie!! see what she can handle!!
Old 10-11-2012, 05:39 PM
Registered

Anything up river is going to be out of commission at this point, even Pier 75 is probably down to only a couple of feet in the well.

Harrison's isn't too far from I-280, they have a ramp, may try giving them a call and see if they have enough water.

http://www.brenner75.com/

If Bolles is out of commission, about the only other decent ramp in the area is Meinke's East at Anchor Point, it's about 20 minutes east of Toledo.
Old 10-11-2012, 06:39 PM
Registered

Meinke Marina out @ Anchor Pointe facebooked for people to come check their boats the water is so low...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.