Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

4 lbs?!?!
Dude, whats wrong with you?
Old 10-23-2012, 07:44 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

If this thread is any indication I for one will be thoroughly entertained. Randy
Old 10-23-2012, 07:50 PM
Registered

First let me say that if you nitro-nized your tires you wouldn't be in this situation, what the **** were you thinking. Once you nitro-nize, a) you get better gas mileage, effectively making your boat lighter, and b) you would never, and I mean never, need to check your pressures again, thus avoiding this situation completely.

Your only real option at this point is to go helium, which will lighten your load further, and prevent your truck from a total rebuild.

Link to nitro-nizing available upon request.

Last edited by BBCLiberator; 10-23-2012 at 07:53 PM.
Old 10-23-2012, 07:59 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

I did not want this thread to turn graphic, but I am not sure everyone understands how important tire pressures within 0.015 psi of each other can be.

The following video contains images many viewers may find disturbing.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPfibtRStiU&feature=fvwp&NR=1[/YOUTUBE]
Old 10-23-2012, 08:00 PM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 6 Posts

Well mike, I don't know wether to thank you or yell at you.

When I got home tonight, I took a peek over at my boat trailer....the spare tire was glaring back at me, and I had the most horrific thought. So I grabbed one of my 6 NASCAR spec tire gauges and slowly and cautiously approached the tire.

I removed the marine spec dice cube and hit it with the gauge, sure enough 50 lbs even. 5 full fricken lbs below the other 6 tires.....FIVE! How could I be so dumb to have never Checked this tire balance against the others?

Then I got thinking, this trailer is a 2009 myco, shouldn't they have checked these tires against each other? Should I start a thread in the beware and stolen section about the mis matched spare?

What should I do about the spare? It is obviously not going to work with the others, and being so far off in pressure I am actually afraid to even touch it....I don't know what could happen! Ive seen tire bits on the side of the side of the road before, I don't need that happening in my face!!

I'll make some calls in the morning, but it looks like this may be a sleepless night in the 4bus household
Old 10-23-2012, 08:18 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 4bus
Well mike, I don't know wether to thank you or yell at you.

When I got home tonight, I took a peek over at my boat trailer....the spare tire was glaring back at me, and I had the most horrific thought. So I grabbed one of my 6 NASCAR spec tire gauges and slowly and cautiously approached the tire.

I removed the marine spec dice cube and hit it with the gauge, sure enough 50 lbs even. 5 full fricken lbs below the other 6 tires.....FIVE! How could I be so dumb to have never Checked this tire balance against the others?

Then I got thinking, this trailer is a 2009 myco, shouldn't they have checked these tires against each other? Should I start a thread in the beware and stolen section about the mis matched spare?

What should I do about the spare? It is obviously not going to work with the others, and being so far off in pressure I am actually afraid to even touch it....I don't know what could happen! Ive seen tire bits on the side of the side of the road before, I don't need that happening in my face!!

I'll make some calls in the morning, but it looks like this may be a sleepless night in the 4bus household
This actually happened to a guy that someone I was talking to actually knew who had a 42 fountain. The guy called the local DOT office and they sent out someone who didn't know what they were doing. This newb actually tried to bring the other six tires DOWN to match the spare! Well of course it exploded when a cruiser wake washed up the boat ramp upsetting the fountain on the trailer, killing the DOT guy and left the owner deaf in both ears and with a 27' fountain, but no trailer now. So don't even bother calling DOT, they will just refer you to the demolition squad of the nearest guard unit.

Good luck, and whatever you do please do not do a gopro of this on another fountain. That is all the boating community needs now.....

Brian
Old 10-23-2012, 08:21 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Kelly O
I did not want this thread to turn graphic, but I am not sure everyone understands how important tire pressures within 0.015 psi of each other can be.

The following video contains images many viewers may find disturbing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPfib...ture=fvwp&NR=1
I couldn't agree more, one time I was visiting China and an attempt was made at slashing my tow vehicles tires because someone was trying to get revenge for me having the cheapest boat on OSO. Thanks god I had one tire on the tow vehicle inflated to a hair OVER 55psi.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfhbUSFSmQI

Last edited by BBCLiberator; 10-23-2012 at 10:58 PM.
Old 10-23-2012, 08:23 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 249 Likes on 136 Posts

I'd pull the motor.
Old 10-23-2012, 08:24 PM
Fast Singles Club
Gold Member

Received 387 Likes on 156 Posts

I just knew cruiser wakes and lake lice were involved somehow . Damn , can't turn your back for a minute .
Old 10-23-2012, 08:32 PM
Registered

Received 4,269 Likes on 1,230 Posts

Originally Posted by TPro587
I am finding it hard to tell if people are being serious about this or not. A 1 pound difference on a trailer can cause all the tires to go bad?
BEST POST YET!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.