Notices

air pressure

Old 10-23-2012, 08:34 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ICDEDPPL
BEST POST YET!
Maybe a spam bot will show up and try to sell us purses, that include air pressure gauges. This thread is remarkably accurate. More accurate than any gauge.

Last edited by BBCLiberator; 10-23-2012 at 08:36 PM.
Old 10-23-2012, 08:50 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 817 Likes on 374 Posts

Wow, I did the same thing, I almost always have one tire off by a whole psi but guys, I only tow it a few miles to the ramp, a couple times a year, I avoid traffic, maintain a safe following distance and I drive real slow, I know its not right but I'm going to go ahead and do it anyways even if all you guys say its unsafe because I should probably be ok then right as long as nothing happens??
Old 10-23-2012, 09:00 PM
Registered
Gold Member
Platinum Member

Default Tire Tax

Originally Posted by mike tkach
i checked the air pressure in my trailer tires today,the tire calls for max of 55 lbs,5 of them had 55 lbs,but one only had 54 lbs,my question is,did i ruin that tire or is it ok ?
Dear Mr Mike Tkach, (if that's your real name)

As a representative of the Federal Government I am required by law to inform you of your recent violation of the Tire Tax Code. The code clearly states that all owners of boat trailers will at all times maintain tire air pressures within .005% of each other. By your own admission you have not, to the best of your obvious inability, complied with the code.

Your are now required to remit with-in 30 days the Tie Tax Fine of $3984.26, plus S+H. This is based on the value of the air now required to bring your tire into compliance. This replacement air is only available from NASA, as your tire now requires Moon Air. (btw, don't listen to those other guys with the winter air and summer air talk, they don't know S*#+ about air) S+H is an additional $396.38

Thank You for your quick response to this matter.

Sincerely, Your Big Brother
Old 10-23-2012, 09:23 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Just checked mine......left side had 48 and 48 psi. Right side was at 50 and 50 psi. Woah Nelly!
Can't have that, so I went the easiest fix and simply swapped a tire each from left to right so each side would be balanced with 48 and 50psi. Course it is a torsion trailer, so the 50 psi tires are on front axle to help relieve some of the tongue weight.
US1 will sleep better tonight

Thanks Mr. O You're a life saver!
Old 10-23-2012, 09:36 PM
Fast Singles Club
Gold Member

Received 387 Likes on 156 Posts

Originally Posted by US1 Fountain
Just checked mine......left side had 48 and 48 psi. Right side was at 50 and 50 psi. Woah Nelly!
Can't have that, so I went the easiest fix and simply swapped a tire each from left to right so each side would be balanced with 48 and 50psi. Course it is a torsion trailer, so the 50 psi tires are on front axle to help relieve some of the tongue weight.
US1 will sleep better tonight

Thanks Mr. O You're a life saver!
Question ? How did you swap tires ? Did you just unbolt the axle and rotate ? No matter how you did it you now have two tires spinning backwards . Major catastrophe waiting to happen IMHO .
Old 10-23-2012, 09:38 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by the deep
.... No matter how you did it you now have two tires spinning backwards . Major catastrophe waiting to happen IMHO .

Wrong! Instead of backing in the trailer the garage, I pulled it in. So the tires are spinnng the correct direction.
Old 10-23-2012, 09:41 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by befu
This actually happened to a guy that someone I was talking to actually knew who had a 42 fountain. The guy called the local DOT office and they sent out someone who didn't know what they were doing. This newb actually tried to bring the other six tires DOWN to match the spare! Well of course it exploded when a cruiser wake washed up the boat ramp upsetting the fountain on the trailer, killing the DOT guy and left the owner deaf in both ears and with a 27' fountain, but no trailer now. So don't even bother calling DOT, they will just refer you to the demolition squad of the nearest guard unit.

Good luck, and whatever you do please do not do a gopro of this on another fountain. That is all the boating community needs now.....

Brian

This is EXACTLY why you MUST use the marine dice! Automotive dice are not properly flame arrested, and WILL cause an explosion in a situation like this. Another useless waste of life.
Old 10-23-2012, 09:44 PM
Registered

Received 217 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by US1 Fountain
Wrong! Instead of backing in the trailer the garage, I pulled it in. So the tires are spinnng the correct direction.
Old 10-23-2012, 10:11 PM
Registered

Received 87 Likes on 49 Posts

well fellas,i origionally started this thread to bring my air pressure situiation public so i could find out if the tire that only had 54 lbs was safe,but because of all the excelant responses i got,i will never move my boat without first checking the air pressure with my new nascar spec analog pressure guage,and i dont care what it cost,im gonna get some nasa air for the new tires im having put on the truck an trailer,one can never be too safe.id like to thank everyone for all the expert advise,it has been enlightening.
Old 10-23-2012, 10:36 PM
Registered

Rotate Your tires to someone one else. You dont want these tires. If You just changed You oil rotate it allso. Winter air sucks for towing an never ever use Nasa air. Its just out of this world. Get a grip Buddy what are You thinking. Now repaint Your boat an change You screen name so You don't loose Youe a$$. Artie

Last edited by akaboatman; 10-23-2012 at 10:42 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.