Notices

What should it run?

Old 10-29-2012, 08:02 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Nightlife1970
Congrats on the new boat Rob.

Did you get the Formula all parted out?
Actually just sold the drives, and transmissions. Still have alot to sell but it's a great start!
Old 10-29-2012, 09:45 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Congrats on the new ride! I think I ran with this boat in TC this summer, talked with the owner a bit, seemed like it was done right. Nice boat, super clean and seemed well taken care of.
Old 10-29-2012, 09:52 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by hotjava66
Congrats on the new ride! I think I ran with this boat in TC this summer, talked with the owner a bit, seemed like it was done right. Nice boat, super clean and seemed well taken care of.
Yes Eric, the owner is a really nice guy and did spend some time in Traverse this summer. The boat is really clean, and seems to be put together right. If we can get her into the low 80's I would be very happy. I think it's very doable. I am excited to fill a 80 gallon take not a 200 gallon tank!!!
Old 10-30-2012, 07:42 AM
Registered

Received 127 Likes on 74 Posts

Originally Posted by Keytime
For singles or twins or both?
Mostly for singles, but I doubt it would be any different for twin setups like yours. The hull likes lift, twins just have the advantage of the second prop to help make it happen.
Old 10-30-2012, 06:24 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by rob vanharten
I know Scott!!! Insurance people got up with my game plan I just didn't want to have a 100mph cat that I purchased based on a couple if insurance quotes that I got. And then 2-3 weeks later they go, oh wait....... we can't insure this I had one comapny call me back to let me know of there mistake, and they would NOT in fact be able to insure the cat. 1st time in my life I am wishing to be a little older. At 35 the rates drop below the $4500-$5K a year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Its too bad you can't get cat insurance at a reasonable rate down there You are Canadian maybe you should have tried to get ins. from down here. I am sure you will enjoy the new ride I still love the 27 v, it feels faster in a smaller boat some times.
Old 10-30-2012, 06:49 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by rob vanharten
Yes Eric, the owner is a really nice guy and did spend some time in Traverse this summer. The boat is really clean, and seems to be put together right. If we can get her into the low 80's I would be very happy. I think it's very doable. I am excited to fill a 80 gallon take not a 200 gallon tank!!!
the boat is in great shape! been on it many times.....if you want it to go faster than what it runs now put a different pully on it. i have ran next to this boat myself many times from on west grand traverse bay to lake cumberland and it runs strong, very strong. troy is a STAND UP GUY! congrats on a sweet boat! good luck with what you want outa it......
Old 10-30-2012, 06:49 PM
Registered

Received 278 Likes on 97 Posts

Congrats on the purchase! That boat is sweet and the Troy is a great guy. Met him for the first time this summer when he was in town. My guess is that he did not spend the time dialing the boat in or running the snot out of it to get that last MPH. He took great care of it and new his family required a larger boat in the future, so never really beat on it. Just my guess but either way, the boat is sweet and theres a great chance you will hit over 80 on a perfect day with high 70's on a daily basis!
Enjoy and come boat with us next summer!
Old 10-30-2012, 06:54 PM
Registered

Received 278 Likes on 97 Posts

Last edited by offshorexcursion; 10-30-2012 at 07:06 PM.
Old 10-30-2012, 07:00 PM
Registered

From talking with a few different people, I think that is more or less what it comes down to. I don't think Troy spent a lot of time trying to pull real fast top end numbers. I think playing with some props and leaning on the trim button a little more will probably have us breaking 80.........
Old 10-30-2012, 07:01 PM
Registered

this would be the one.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.