Buying a used boat question?

Notices

Buying a used boat question?

Old 11-17-2012, 09:36 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by POWERPLAY J
You answered your own question in your first post. One guys 10 can be another guys 1. You could be picky like me and point out chit the owner has never seen. In my biz I see it day in and day out. Today I quoted a guy $800 on a repair job on an new Lambo, said he couldn't afford it and would live with the damage Yet I have other clients that won't drive with a scratch in their Ferrari. Quality standards are different for everyone....
I think you hit the nail on the head. I guess I will just keep doing what I am doing until I find the right one. Yes I am looking at used boats and I do expect there to be blemishes of some sort, but I want to buy a boat from someone who has taken the time to take care of a boat the way I would. Like everyone has said pictures can only show so much and can not compare to a set of eyes!
Old 11-17-2012, 09:42 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

again, just be patient, people tend to take great care of these old formula's they are out there just wait you will find it, sometimes searching for the "right" one can be tiring, but the payoff is huge,
Old 11-17-2012, 10:14 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by T-RAV
I think you hit the nail on the head. I guess I will just keep doing what I am doing until I find the right one. Yes I am looking at used boats and I do expect there to be blemishes of some sort, but I want to buy a boat from someone who has taken the time to take care of a boat the way I would. Like everyone has said pictures can only show so much and can not compare to a set of eyes!
I'm right there with ya, T-RAV. I'm bankn on 88242LS's patience theory.