Notices

Engine Hatch Redesign

Old 11-14-2012, 11:00 AM
Fast Singles Club
Gold Member

Received 387 Likes on 156 Posts

Originally Posted by JRider
22 Eliminator Daytonas had similar hatches to yours and I never did like them. Not a big fan of the humped up type hatch. Just looks out of place. On my buds 21 daytona jet he went with 2 half hatches that go around the motor/headers/blower vs over it. It looks much better than the hump. I believe they are hinged to open toward the sides of the boat and are easily removable. I will try to dig up some pics
As my buddy Artie asked me the other day , is there a boat under that hatch ? Yea , i always hated it , ruins the sexy lines of my cat . Thanks for the help guys . Pics would be great !
Old 11-14-2012, 12:18 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...&f=48440_5.jpg
Old 11-14-2012, 12:20 PM
Registered

http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...&f=48440_8.jpg

I like the flush look. Your headers would have to poke thru but is beats the "add on" look of the hump
Old 11-14-2012, 12:28 PM
Registered

http://www.powerboatlistings.com/view/17151

This one is something that has a slight hump tastefully done
Old 11-14-2012, 03:12 PM
Fast Singles Club
Gold Member

Originally Posted by JRider
http://www.powerboatlistings.com/view/17151

This one is something that has a slight hump tastefully done
This is more in line with what i pictured in my minds eye . Flows nicely with the lines of the boat instead of looking like some kind of nasty growth . Yea , due to my low freeboard part of my headers will also show . Boat kicks up a lot of mist on the stern so i need something that will allow for runoff . I've got to keep it easy for the wifey to get to the swim platforms also . She'll be able to grab a handful of header on the way past.... Thanks guys and keep the ideas coming . deep
Old 11-14-2012, 07:57 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by the deep
This is more in line with what i pictured in my minds eye . Flows nicely with the lines of the boat instead of looking like some kind of nasty growth . Yea , due to my low freeboard part of my headers will also show . Boat kicks up a lot of mist on the stern so i need something that will allow for runoff . I've got to keep it easy for the wifey to get to the swim platforms also . She'll be able to grab a handful of header on the way past.... Thanks guys and keep the ideas coming . deep
Thats looking more like what You need. Add the shape of you beautiful boat an add a spoiler on the back for back wash. An add for Your rear seats to match Your hull. Wish I was there to help You build one. I was told I was making a trip to just south of Pittsburgh after turky day. Dropping off some trucks. Won't be there long. It would be nice to meet You if that could happen. Artie
Old 11-14-2012, 08:48 PM
Fast Singles Club
Gold Member

Originally Posted by akaboatman
Thats looking more like what You need. Add the shape of you beautiful boat an add a spoiler on the back for back wash. An add for Your rear seats to match Your hull. Wish I was there to help You build one. I was told I was making a trip to just south of Pittsburgh after turky day. Dropping off some trucks. Won't be there long. It would be nice to meet You if that could happen. Artie
Artie , i live a little over 100 miles east of Pittsburgh right outside of Johnstown . If you still have my phone # call me when you get close and i'll see if i can escape . It would be nice to meet you . PM me if you need my number .
Old 11-14-2012, 08:58 PM
Registered

Email sent. Artie
Old 11-15-2012, 10:03 AM
Fast Singles Club
Gold Member

I think i smell some of that cajun food cookin Artie . Nice talking to you on the phone . Ticfaw you say , we'll see what happens . Thanks for the help on my hatch . deep
Old 11-15-2012, 06:33 PM
Registered

That would be fun. Flying to Dallas 6 Am. Have to drive a truck with a trailer full of tools back to the office. Long day. Have a great nite an keep Us posted on Your new hatch. Artie

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.