Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Kook flipped boat? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/28866-kook-flipped-boat.html)

sgrady 07-17-2002 11:18 AM

Out thouught are with you and your friend, Keep us posted and be safe !

Sydwayz 07-17-2002 11:30 AM

kook, you can tell how much you are cared about. So far; 93 replies and over 3100 views in less than 24 hours. Obviously, a lot of people are here to help you thru this. I hope that helps.

jr 07-17-2002 11:41 AM

94...Hope everything turns out for the best.

Jeff

KNOTHERZ 07-17-2002 11:59 AM

kook,
wow.. after reading these posts i am humbled, after work i am going to buy 2 lifejackets.. ive been stupid.
hold your friends hand and tell him how much he means to you, the power of prayer is powerful, keep your head up my internet friend, alot of people are praying for you and your friend GOD bless you both.
this accident will benefit us boaters who gain from your safety measures and intelligence about being as safe as possible. i will!

knotherz (although it really is)

SR-24 07-17-2002 12:05 PM

Kook, It goes without saying, but please keep us updated on your friends condition. Keep your head up and I pray that everything works out good.

Milord 07-17-2002 12:08 PM

Kook, glad you are ok and I hope your friend has a speedy recovery.

I know it's been sad a lot but accidents happen. You were boating safer than a lot of us do by the sounds of it. Don't beat yourself up.

tmager 07-17-2002 12:28 PM

Kook, I think a lot of us are reading this and thinking it could have been me. I just bought 94 Aggressor with a 502 motor. There is no doubt the boat is hairy over 70mph, I have only ventured over that twice. I hope other 25 Sunsation owners are taking a good look at what happened here and think twice about adding heavy power to these boats. Let this be a lesson to all of us just how vunerable we are out there and to realize how fun can turn into tragedy. By what you have written and the external steering on the boat, it looks as if you were taking all the safety precautions, but sometimes these just aren't enough. Our hopes and prayers are with you and your friend for a good recovery. Thank God that we aren't repeating the HTM crash.

Iggy 07-17-2002 12:52 PM

Sorry to hear about your accident after all the time and work you put into the boat.
Glad you're pretty much ok and hope your friend has a speedy recovery.
Our thoughts are with you.

cigarette1 07-17-2002 01:26 PM

Kook, as bad as your accident was, it could have been worse. Your friend is still not out of the woods yet, but with everyones prayers and/or wishes, hopefully he will ride with you again.

Accidents happen ... my lesson was not a severe as yours, I hurt my brother-in-law due to a hardware failure. We weren't wearing vest and I wasn't hooked up. I was lucky.

As Jon said, I wear my vest 99% of the time. Mostly I do it for my family and I do it for my friends by making them feel guilty for not wearing theirs.

I was the one riding a Harley with a helmet before they had a helmet law in California ... for the family.

We play in a wild frontier and it has its inherent dangers .... play hard but play safe.

G

Aqua-Holic 07-17-2002 02:56 PM

Kook,
Sorry to hear about all of this. It sounds as if you certainly took the necessary precautions, too bad that can't be enough to get us through it all. My thoughts and prayers are w/ you and your buddy!

Aqua