Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Kook flipped boat? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/28866-kook-flipped-boat.html)

Audiofn 07-17-2002 08:56 AM

Kook, No booze, life jackets ON, you did all you could to make yourself safe in something that was inherently a high risk machine. Take solice in knowing you took steps WAY beyond what probably 99% of us on the board take. I know of only you and Cig1 on the board that wear life jackets while under way. I again hope that your situation turns out ok.

Jon

GRH 07-17-2002 09:17 AM

Kook - I can't tell you anything you haven't heard.... I too am very sorry about your accident & your friend.... I have blown boats over & been hurt badly .... broken ribs, knees dislocated, cuts, bruises etc. .... the one thing I learned from it is it was an accident... it was no different then many other "close calls" that I had laughed off... but it was over in a millisecond.... it wasn't intentional... it was accidental.... I could only speculate why the boat took off the way it did that time.... but it was over so fast I really never knew..... remember it was an accident.... not intentional.... God Speed your friends recovery.... & yours..... Gary.

Shane 07-17-2002 09:23 AM

Best wishes to you and your friend.

Brad Perry 07-17-2002 09:38 AM

Good luck and I wish your friend a speedy recovery. Even though this looks horrible, it has taught us all a lesson.

Gumbydammit 07-17-2002 09:43 AM

Dude, that sucks!!

The more time you spend attending to your buddy, the better you will feel about it later on. Making trips to the hospital is hard at first...but then it gets easier.

What others have said here about talking to him is very true. (IMO) If he is in a coma, talking to him would be a very good idea. The more visitors, the more speech going on in the room, the more stimulation for his mind.

Give us an update on his condition when you can.

Dave1972 07-17-2002 10:05 AM

Kook,
I was away for the weekend and just read this thread and had hoped it was some kind of sick joke. I am SO sorry to hear about the trouble on the water. It makes me sick to know that you did everything right and still ended up on the "short end of the stick"! I sincerely hope that you and your buddy make a speedy recovery.

That just plain sucks that you waited so long to get your boat back to have such an unfortunate incident happen. Give me a call when/if you want to talk about things. If there's anything I can help you do to get you back on the water, please let me know.

Again, sorry to hear about the misfortune!

Dave

HiPerf2000 07-17-2002 10:36 AM

Accidents Happen!! We've all been there.....being in total control, and something freak happens. Stay Positive!! Best of luck to your buddy.

stevejohns 07-17-2002 10:40 AM

If good wishes and prayers help, you and your buddy will be boating together real soon. Add mine to the list. sj

DoTheMath 07-17-2002 11:00 AM

Kook~ Sounds like you did everything you should have to be safe, including being "sober" while you were out. BWI is always something we think about, but more often then not people think it can't happen to them, it's always the "other person". Accidents do happen, that's why they call them accidents... I wish the best for your friend and his recovery. Fast boats are what we enjoy and accidents (operative word here) like this should be one more reminder that we need to respect the equipment that we own and enjoy, and do all we can to be safe. If we keep all that in mind when we go out, it won't prevent things like this from possibly happening, but it will make the situation safer if they do. There is a risk involved in operating boats a high speed, but that is what brings us back to the water every weekend.

Our thoughts and prayers are with you, and your friend for a speedy recovery!

Mark & Jenn

Dean Ferry 07-17-2002 11:13 AM

Kook,
It looks and sounds like a PURE ACCIDENT to me. Don't beat yourself up too badly over your buddy. We wish the both of you a full and speedy recovery.
MD